Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Steam purchase not received product key?

I've decided to get Sims 3 through Steam. I bought the base game. But just wondering.

How do you obtain the product key through Steam so its able to be registered on our profile Sims 3 profile of this site? And for the EP's and SP's?
sims_forum_sig01OxVtU_display.jpg
YouTube: Good Sweet Games | SoundCloud: GAMESuite Tunes | Pinterest: GAMESuite Pins | Twitter: GAMESweetG

Comments

• Options
    RikizziaRikizzia Posts: 648 Member
    edited December 2013
    Well.. Sims is not actually supposed to go trough steam, EA has its own little steamlike thing Origin. In Origin you get the code.
    YqMyRUI.png
  • Options
    GAMESweetGGAMESweetG Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited January 2014
    Rikizzia wrote:
    Well.. Sims is not actually supposed to go trough steam, EA has its own little steamlike thing Origin. In Origin you get the code.

Then why is The Sims 3 with the EP's and SP's on Steam Client Market in the first place then? And I was also asking for those that have bought Sims 3 through Steam. How do you get the product code from the Steam Client version. If you needed it to register a new EA profile in order to upload CC's through the Steam client?
    YouTube: Good Sweet Games | SoundCloud: GAMESuite Tunes | Pinterest: GAMESuite Pins | Twitter: GAMESweetG
  • Options
    GAMESweetGGAMESweetG Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited January 2014
    Kat2211 wrote:

Thank you and does that account for the EP's and SP's product codes as well beens they are DLC's in Steam?
  • Options
    bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
    edited January 2014
    If I'm am correct I believe there was an issue between EA and Steam about EA removing the drm for the Sims 3 games for distribution through Steam. EA would not do this and Steam had to sell the games as is. Also there was problems pushing out patches. That said you can register ALL your sims 3 titles at EA Origin (free). Many people don't like Origin but I don't like taxes and you know how far that goes (just tell the IRS you don't like taxes and see what happens (it probably won't be pleasant)). There should be a product key on Steam (Right click on game in left-hand menu, View Game CD Key - I think as I am not a heavy Steam user).

hth
    I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.