Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The medical career

I just got the ambitions expansion pack, and I want my sim to work as an active doctor. Is there a medical profession, because I have had inactive doctor sims in the past, and they worked in a rabbit hole. ANY ANSWERS WOULD BE AWESOME!! :-)

Comments

• Options
    AquariusMomAquariusMom Posts: 229 Member
    edited December 2013
    Sorry, but as far as I know the only way for your sim to be a doctor is to join the medical field and do the rabbit hole job at the hospital.:-( I may be wrong though. I've only had one sim join the medical field and it was before I bought Ambitions. The EP may have added new features that didn't come with the base game, but if it did I've never heard of it.
  • Options
    thora287thora287 Posts: 10
    edited December 2013
    There's no medical profession, it's still a regular rabbit hole job. But there's some features of the job that happen outside of the hospital. Sometimes the doctor will get called away from work to vaccinate sims, which for me always happens at the graveyard. Random town sims will come running up to the doctor, who has an option to "vaccinate" them. Also, if the doctor is out on the town, a sim will almost always get sick and the doctor will have an option to give medical help to the sick sim when you click on the sick person. Doctors also have experimental treatments to try and journals to read to help them advance in the field.
  • Options
    ktjlktjl Posts: 40 New Member
    edited December 2013
    With ambitions if your sim is a level 7 in the medical profession they can tell the gender of a baby when a sim is pregnant.