Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Freeplay

I know this forum is for Sims 3, but I have no idea if there is even a forum for Sims Freeplay? So excuse me for posting my questions here. Firstly, I have heard of it before, but never looked into it or had any interest in it, until I saw the picture on the launcher! I clicked on it and saw the Christmas video! :shock: Why don't we have items like that for Sims 3?? Does anyone here play it?? Do you like it?? Is it anything like Sims 3? Can you build and decorate etc.? Anyone who can give me any insight, I would be very appreciative... thanks! :mrgreen:
NewBanner.jpg
Origin ID: Tiki5872

Comments

• Options
    SimsAddiction968SimsAddiction968 Posts: 1,218 Member
    edited December 2013
    The graphics and animation are not quite the same as Sims 3.
    They also have different objects n stuff.

I've seen it being played but never played myself.
    HI! My name is SimsAddiction968
    I discovered Sims 1 summer 2001 when my youngest was 1 yr old.
    I bought all Eps & Sps for Sims 2 as they were released.
    I even bought Sims games for our consoles and handhelds.
    I have bought all Sims 3 Eps & Sps as the were released.
    I have held my grandson while playing. He is now 5 and plays FreePlay.
    I have pre ordered Sims 4. I have the Sims 2 mouse and waiting on Sims 4 mouse.
    I have a Freezer Bunny tattoo and a bracelet tattoo of the Sims 2 aspirations.

YES! I am addicted to The Sims no matter the form.
  • Options
    Saide7Saide7 Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited December 2013
    I don't know where the forum is anymore. There was one but it got moved.

I do have the sims freeplay,and adore it. You can build houses, decorate, move furniture, have pets, etc. You'd like it and it's for free. Have had it for over a year now. new things always being added.
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited December 2013
    Used to have it, played it a bit, but got bored & removed it.
    Then I saw the new holiday ads for it & reinstalled it on tablet.
    Haven't gotten around to it yet though. I can't afford to buy anything for it (Sims 2 & 3 was bad enough).
    Not sure how far one can get - if NOT buying anything online for it with REAL money :roll: :?
  • Options
    LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited December 2013
    I tried it for a bit but found it super annoying.
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • Options
    suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited December 2013
    I've yet to figure out why they call it "Freeplay" when everything costs money.

:roll:
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    abbyshireabbyshire Posts: 601 Member
    edited December 2013
    I've installed/deleted/reinstalled it twice on my tablet.... It's not enough "sandbox" type playing for me and I get very bored. And to build any kind of dream house, you need to be so far into the game or spend a lot of real money, that I get frustrated and bored. I'm sure I'll get curious a few months from now and reinstall it to check it out yet again, but for now it's off my tablet. It's also a huge file, so it takes up valuable space on your phone or tablet.
    ETA: Darn you, autocorrect!
  • Options
    FrayedFlightFrayedFlight Posts: 520 Member
    edited December 2013
    I started playing it just after USA Thanksgiving. The free stuff is okay and I don't hate it, but it gets old really fast (all actions are in real-time) and there seems to be a lot you can't do without paying real money, which I wouldn't mind doing some if it was a slightly better game.

I wasn't able to complete all the Christmas quests in time, unfortunately, because a lot of the timers were 6-12 hours long and I hadn't unlocked the park location early enough. I am kind of worried about running into this problem with future events.

It's not on the play level as any of the "standard" sims games, so as long as you don't expect that, it's okay.
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited December 2013
    Thank you everyone for you input! I was debating on if I should give it a try, but I think I will pass on it. I get the feeling that I would get frustrated/bored quickly due to the fact that I am use to the capabilities of the Sims 3. I just wish we had some of those items I saw in the video for Sims 3! Also, I am not willing to pour more money into another version. For some reason I keep thinking "Farmville"! :lol:
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    Saide7Saide7 Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited December 2013
    I am up to level 42, have the whole town built so far, and have not had to put any real money in it ever.
  • Options
    suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited December 2013
    Saide7 wrote:
    I am up to level 42, have the whole town built so far, and have not had to put any real money in it ever.

Cool. So there's hope :-)

Thanks for sharing that. Any tips on how you do that?

h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    jasminenathonejasminenathone Posts: 8
    edited February 2014
    Hi guys,
    The graphics and animation are not quite the same as Sims 3.
    This application has simple user interface which provide simplicity in use. You can simply track your entire trip and calculate every required detail by TrackMyDrive. It has many other important features which could be also very helpful for you. I am very sure that you will love this track mileage. you may download this useful application here:https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/trackmydrive/id504448321