Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dive Lots in Roaring Heights

I tried to build 2 dive lots, one in the ocean and the other in a channel that I know is deep water. The problem is that you can see the items below the water when you look at the dive lot in live mode.

Has anyone successfully built a dive lot so that you can't see the items below the water?

Comments

• Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited December 2013
    I think you'll have to avoid some tall objects, or use the terrain tool to make it deeper if you want to use those tall objects.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited December 2013
    Hi :)

Usually when you first place a lot and turn it into a dive lot (and flatten the terrain), the ground and the distance has a consistent watery blue (1)- the ground doesn't show the sand or whatever is painted.

I've found it's easiest to go in the lot and place a few objects then in Edit Town mode (2), delete the built lot- just once as if you wanted to remove a building- leaving the lot.
    Going back into the lot you'll notice the sand and distant colors are now looking normal (3).

Now you can build in the dive lots without the objects showing in live mode. :D
    _Or, after placing the lot save and go back to the Main Menu.... then back into the world. It will reset the lot. :)

1) After Placing:
    screenshot_original.jpg"width=650"

2) Adding objects:

3) After deleting the built lot:

**If you delete the built lot, make sure to make it a Diving lot again- it should reset to No Visitors Allowed :D
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited December 2013
    I guess I'll take a picture because I am not describing this very well. I have successfully built dive lots before so I am not new at this. In live mode you can see everything in the dive lot, even little objects like the starfish. Probably won't be able to get to the picture until much later tonight.
  • Options
    WeealbetWeealbet Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited December 2013
    Are they new dive lots that you made within the lot? Or did you add dive lots to the Lot Bin and place them into the world?
  • Options
    cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited December 2013
    They are new dive lots. Wasn't able to take a picture last night but I will tonight and I will post. I have made the dive lot very deep and still all the items I have placed in the dive lot is visible from live mode.

I successfully created new dive lots in Dragon Valley and didn't have this problem.