Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥♥~Romagi's Sims 3 Creations~♥♥~Bahama Breeze~♥♥

Comments

• Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Murder Mansion is a Fabulous creation, @romagi1! Love the gorgeous landscaping and interiors too. I think my favorite bedroom is the pink one. So Pretty! :smile:
  • Options
    AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

Murder Mansion is a masterpiece, dear @romagi1 The architecture is stunning and the decor and landscaping gorgeous <3
  • Options
    MoinesseMoinesse Posts: 155 Member

@romagi1 Murder Mansion is just my style! I plan on triplet girls, evil parents, 2 girls survive. One evil to murder the other just insane. Several generations should empty the town, haha. Love everything about this build. Now I need to find a creepy world to play in.
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Wow, Murder Mansion is awesome, so much character and detail with beautifully landscaped grounds :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    Thanks so much Ladies! @WrathofCath, @AIRIS6962 and @masajo! :mrgreen:

@Moinesse, LOL so glad you like Murder Mansion, it should fit perfect for your plans!
  • Options
    SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    Moinesse wrote: »
    @romagi1 Murder Mansion is just my style! I plan on triplet girls, evil parents, 2 girls survive. One evil to murder the other just insane. Several generations should empty the town, haha. Love everything about this build. Now I need to find a creepy world to play in.

Love this! LOL
  • Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    romagi1 wrote: »
    Question for current request.

****Bookmarking this thread while I am creating for you should help insure that you receive notifications.****

WIPS are in the next post down! :)

FREE items from the store. here

9-15-18

@nilanius

What, if any, modern conveniences do you want?

What color do you want the castle? Browns or grays or tans or whitewashed.

Medieval castles didn't really have closets in the bedrooms so I am curious what you are wanting in the closets?

You posted about Shadiversity, offers a lot of details on castles and the ideal designs.
    Are you wanting a Great Hall with the dais? Then the solar could be the living room?

You would like a moat with a bridge over it and horses. Unlike cats, horses can not cross bridges. So it can’t be a true bridge. Will that be OK? Or I found this layout of the moat with an inner and outer bailey. I would put a moat around the whole inner bailey and the stables in the outer. The moat part inside the outer bailey could be the pool.

I'm just looking at the moat part of this pictures not the layout of everything.

medieval_castle_layout.jpg

For modern conveniences, I want a standard kitchen, with plenty of counter space for a microwave, dishwasher, garbage compactor. Also a pizza oven, fryer, and a preserves station. The way you did the bathrooms in the medieval house was perfect.

Color wise, greys and browns works

As for the closet idea, I was thinking more along the lines of just a nook to fit a wardrobe into the rooms.

Yeah the great hall with the dais, and solar being the living room sounds wonderful!

And sure the moat idea you had with the pool sounds good
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    Oh just wanted to add 1 more thing:

If it's at all possible, I'd like to get a type of party hall with a grand piano in one corner, a food buffet, and a large dance floor.
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    @nilanius, if you'd prefer to have a regular pool we don't need the inner and outer baileys, I just won't be able to make a true bridge because of the horses. It's your request! :)

I'll add the ballroom to the list.

Just to make sure the preserves station you are wanting is the canning station and not the bakery stove.
  • Options
    @nilanius, if you'd prefer to have a regular pool we don't need the inner and outer baileys, I just won't be able to make a true bridge because of the horses. It's your request! :)

I'll add the ballroom to the list.

Just to make sure the preserves station you are wanting is the canning station and not the bakery stove.

fake bridge is fine :)

And yes, the canning station is what I was refering to. As for the baileys, I will leave that for you to decide :)
  • Options
    @romagi1 I don't know if it's too late to add to the request buuut. One thing I just thought of that I'd love for the main entrance of the castle, is a double staircase like this:

EagleMills-01.jpg

Obviously curved stairs aint possible, but the general idea you know? What made me think of it is I been playing a lot of skyrim, and the blue palace has an interesting way of doing castles inside.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    @nilanius, RL has been so busy this week I have not been able to get in game and probably won’t until Sunday.

I don’t play Skyrim or any of the medieval games. I read a lot about the medieval era but no games. You stated - The key theme will be medieval - and sent me to the site for how medieval castles are built and their rooms. In it the ground floor is not part of the living space it is for the treasury, perhaps some food supplies. Plus having the front door up a level they can burn the stoop and or the stairs as a last effort to keep the enemy out of the keep/castle. They also used spiral stairs going a certain direction to give them the advantage.

When I googled Skyrim Blue Palace, if I found the right pic, they go in on the ground floor and you say they have grand staircases. So I’m abit confused about what you are wanting. Sorry if I’m being dense here as I know my mind is not on the game this week. So any pics you have are quite welcome.
    Post edited by romagi1 on
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Well when I said how they are built, I mainly was refering to the organizations of the walls, and the ways to get into the main castle grounds, basically the defenses. The living space, aka, the building where the kings and queens lived, basically were living homes.

So like the first floor that the person would enter would have the following:
    A dining Hall (Maybe even an attached ball room for entertaining guests)
    Kitchen
    Servants Quarters (For that, it would only need to be 1 small room with a single bed and basic furniture for a butler)

Second Floor would be completely dedicated to the lords of the castle
    So there would be a living room, bedrooms, bathrooms, and library (Oh and maybe give the master bedroom a balcony?)

The cellar would have like a dungeon type setting, but I'd want a secret area attatched to the up stairs library via bookshelf passage, for a witch. The cellar and even magic room should look like a dungeon. Maybe rooms for hobbies and storage, the "torture room" could for example, be an in home gym.

I hope that helped clarify the general interior layout of the main building that the sims will be living in :) The reason I mentioned the double staircase, given the the lords and ladies basically live on the upper level, I'd see them having a grand entrance to the first floor.

As for a pic of the blue palace I mentioned:

SR-interior-Blue_Palace.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    @nilanius, Thanks so much! I have a much clearer idea of what you are wanting. :)

The gazebo in the garden, what are wanting in it? So I have an idea of the size you'd like.

I think I saw the right Blue Palace as I saw a similar pic of the stairs.

Edit: Do you have a certain lot you are placing it on in DV?
  • Options
    @nilanius, Thanks so much! I have a much clearer idea of what you are wanting. :)

The gazebo in the garden, what are wanting in it? So I have an idea of the size you'd like.

I think I saw the right Blue Palace as I saw a similar pic of the stairs.

Edit: Do you have a certain lot you are placing it on in DV?

For the Gazebo, just a few benches. It's mostly to be used as a hang out location.

And no, I was just going to pick one of the 64x64's that are empty, but there's only 4 on Dragon valley:

Map+Guide+Part+1.jpg

E1
    E4
    E5
    E9

So one of those is where it will end up.
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Posts: 41 Member
    @romagi1 Ooooh sorry for only logging on now been busy, I will download and play it tonight! It looks amazing I am so excited to see the rest of it :smiley: thank you so much!
  • Options
    Naphtali wrote: »
    @romagi1 Ooooh sorry for only logging on now been busy, I will download and play it tonight! It looks amazing I am so excited to see the rest of it :smiley: thank you so much!

@Naphtali, Just glad you found it! :) Hoping the basement and attic are what you were looking for.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Posts: 41 Member
    Its perfect :) The basement is really amazing. It always seems to me that house builders have a way of placing objects in their exact spots. My own houses are very pretty but stuff feels so randomly placed... Well done! Also I love what you did with the stove and the walls that arch over it. The chillies look so nice hanging next to the utensils. I know its a weird thing to comment on but that really was just so unique and beautiful.
  • Options
    Oh Romagi, I forgot to mention in my previous post about rooms for the second floor, I'd love a dedicated nursery room too. Should have all the basics for little babies. 2 cribs, 2 potty chairs, a dresser, mirror, high chair and maybe a sink to wash the food dishes of toddlers, and to give them the occasional bath.
  • Options
    Its perfect :) The basement is really amazing. It always seems to me that house builders have a way of placing objects in their exact spots. My own houses are very pretty but stuff feels so randomly placed... Well done! Also I love what you did with the stove and the walls that arch over it. The chillies look so nice hanging next to the utensils. I know its a weird thing to comment on but that really was just so unique and beautiful.

@Naphtali, Thanks so much! It's always nice to hear different things so you know you're not doing something strange! LOL
    nilanius wrote: »
    Oh Romagi, I forgot to mention in my previous post about rooms for the second floor, I'd love a dedicated nursery room too. Should have all the basics for little babies. 2 cribs, 2 potty chairs, a dresser, mirror, high chair and maybe a sink to wash the food dishes of toddlers, and to give them the occasional bath.

@nilanius, Yep, I had remembered about the nursery but I'm glad you brought it up so I'd know to make sure it has 2 of everything!
  • Options

@Naphtali, Thanks so much! It's always nice to hear different things so you know you're not doing something strange! LOL
    nilanius wrote: »

@nilanius, Yep, I had remembered about the nursery but I'm glad you brought it up so I'd know to make sure it has 2 of everything!

awesome! Yeah cuz sometimes my sims have a baby back to back or the rare twins XD
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    @nilanius, I have a WIP for you to check out and see if it's what you are after. With 4 beds and 4 baths plus the living room and library I had to move the Master bed, bath, study and nursery to the third floor. I've got the castle back as far as I could get and still have the pool and play area behind it and the Chapel quite narrow also (would love to make it 2 tiles wider) but I'm not sure if I will be able to place a hedged garden with a gazebo in the center in the area I have left. See what you think and if adding the 3rd floor is OK.

I have it in M.F. right now so you could see the color better, which even there it is not as grey as the color I chose. DV seems to make everything more golden or tan colored. Will move it back to DV after this check for color and such.

WIP: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/11584133/#Comment_11584133

• Options
    @nilanius, I have a WIP for you to check out and see if it's what you are after. With 4 beds and 4 baths plus the living room and library I had to move the Master bed, bath, study and nursery to the third floor. I've got the castle back as far as I could get and still have the pool and play area behind it and the Chapel quite narrow also (would love to make it 2 tiles wider) but I'm not sure if I will be able to place a hedged garden with a gazebo in the center in the area I have left. See what you think and if adding the 3rd floor is OK.

I have it in M.F. right now so you could see the color better, which even there it is not as grey as the color I chose. DV seems to make everything more golden or tan colored. Will move it back to DV after this check for color and such.

WIP: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/11584133/#Comment_11584133

That looks amazing! And no problem, the hedge maze can be optional so don't worry about it, but if possible just put a gazebo in near the chapel, maybe even just a small garden area with a hedge fencing, decorated with flowers and a few tiny trees, bushes, oh and maybe that fountain of life from hidden springs? Something like this:

1.-Garden-Gazebo-870x798.jpg
  • Options
    @nilanius, Oh! So glad you brought up that you have the Fountain of Life!!! :) I'm thinking that will be a perfect addition to the hot springs/hot tub grotto! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    @nilanius, Oh! So glad you brought up that you have the Fountain of Life!!! :) I'm thinking that will be a perfect addition to the hot springs/hot tub grotto! :mrgreen:

Oh I am really looking forward to this castle. I got a teen sim that will soon be aging to young adult. So she will be moving away from her family to Dragon Valley. Having inherited the witch gene, she's also got the magic XD