Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Now possible for Edication careers to receive a degree boost?

I've read on an old thread that the patch released back in June now allows Sims embarking on any degree to receive a boost in the Education career but people were reporting this sin't the case. I was wondering if anybody has had some success in getting a boost in the Education career.

I have a Sim at level 3 in the Education career and I want him to go to University to get a boost but if he won't benefit from a degree then I don't see any point in enrolling him. I have the most recent update of the EP.

Comments

• Options
    kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    edited December 2013
    I'm one of those, who's reported it not working. My sim had a degree in physical education and had to start from the beginning in the education career.

But you say your sim is already on level three? Because I think you can only get a boost so that you start on level four. That's with any of the degrees and the careers they're supposed to help. If you're on level four or higher, you only get a raise. So, it will probably be very easy for your sim to just get a promotion to level four without the degree.
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• Options
    Quagmire349Quagmire349 Posts: 65 Member
    edited December 2013
    Hmm well I may just send him to University anyway so he can try and get the Video Game developer career instead which seems to be a much more suitable career for him as he is a computer whiz and loves to play video games.