Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Misc colors completely gone, is CC to blame?

i went in to CAS a few days ago and when i clicked on the misc, only a few colors showed, i just thought my computer was going slow so i left for a while. when i came back, the buffering circle was still spinning and the colors still hadnt shown and i couldnt click on anything. this has happened before so i uninstalled the few things i recently installed. i went back in and it still did the same thing. so i deleted the .dbc, went back in and the colors were completely gone. nothing showed and one of the building had a bunch of random letters when it wasnt like that before. i closed out sims, restored what i deleted, deleted a different .dbc and only one color showed and the lot was back to normal. what could be causing this? i've been uninstalling and deleting things and no colors will show and all i get is the buffering circle and cant click on anything in the CAS after i choose custom color. :shock:

Comments

• Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited December 2013
    hey leonyjianmu

im not exactly sure what is the problem can you post screen shots? also deleting installed items wouldnt be the first thing i try - uninstalling via launcher recently installed items, cleaning out cache files would be

sims3paks are bundled together when installed so you are deleting many items when you delete .dbc that is probably why patterns and items are missing in the game
  • Options
    leonyjianmuleonyjianmu Posts: 55 Member
    edited December 2013
    ceejay: im not exactly sure what a bump is but im gonna say it, bump. im just gonna uninstall the whole thing. i've actually been wanting to for a while now but i never do it. thanks anyway. :?