Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Awesome Sims 3 Family! But the teenager has a glitch

I have world adventures, Generations, town life stuff, and the base game. I made an awesome house and an awesome family that I thought I should share. Maybe if I do so someone with understand my problem. The two children have a weird hate/love relationship, the mom is constantly becoming insane, and the dad comes home and yells at his son, sometimes for no reason. I have experienced a lot of laughs with my Sims. Here are their traits and life time wishes, ect.

HOUSE HOLD FUNDS = $498,006

Logan Solace (Dad)
TRAITS
-Athletic
-Handy
-Good Kisser
-Perfectionist
-Friendly

LIFETIME WISH = Reach level 10 on Military career track

Kayla Solace (Mom)
TRAITS
-Natural Cook
-Neat
-Green Thumb
-Nurturing
-Family Oriented

LIFETIME WISH = Raise 5 sims to a teenager.

Grayson Solace (Older teenage brother)
TRAITS
-Rebelious
-Friendly
-Party Animal
-Athletic

LIFETIME WISH = become a world renowned surgon

Aspen Solace (Youngest child sister with my name)
TRAITS
-Genius
-Loner
-virtusuo (IDK if I spelt that right)

Grayson constantly pulls pranks, he started doing them as a child. I gave him a sort of goth look but he has white pants. My Sim, Aspen, loves pink and painting. The mom writes and becomes insane because she runs a daycare. The dad constantly yells at Grayson for pulls pranks. He flooded the school and got away with it.

When Grayson was a child he pulled a lot of pranks and got in a lot of trouble. He got grounded and then wanted to sneak out. I had him sneak out at night while everyone was asleep but some how he got caught. Ever since then, even after he was let of the hook, he has been sneaking everywhere as if in trouble. He won't stop. I've tried doing the thing where I tell him to run somewhere but instead of running he sneaks there. He has aged up since then into a teenager. It kinda fits his personality at this time because he is always pulling pranks and constantly in trouble, he even got put in time out, but I don't want him to have this as an adult.I've read a lot of things about it and that resetting the Sim doesn't work. I can't try resetting it until I go back to my dad's which is tomorrow. I love this family but not this glitch. Can someone help me?

Comments

• Options
    clue1234floclue1234flo Posts: 59 Member
    edited November 2013
    Bump?
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited November 2013
    The only way I know to fix it is with the Debug Enabler Mod from NRAAS which allows you to reset walk.

Mods are package files so, if you do not use package files, you will need to learn how to set up the framework for them. ModTheSims.com has a good section for that in their Help area.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I have heard that mods mess up the game and that they are hard to manage. Is this mod safe to use for the game?
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited November 2013
    If used properly and updated regularly, mods won't damage your game -- most of the damage comes from people who stick a mod in their game, forget about it and then don't update it with new EPs and patches, or not removing the mods prior to updating the game. Debug Enabler is an NRaas mod, and I'd trust those mods explicitly; Twallan (the coder) is meticulous about checking and updating his mods frequently. And since you're just using it for this one thing, you could set up the framework, use the mod, then pull it out of your Sims 3 folder and get rid of it.

You can find the link to the mod here: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/DebugEnabler

and instructions how to install the framework here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Sims_3:Installing_Package_Files
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    edited November 2013
    I've heard about the sneaking glitch, but I've never had it. But in one of my families the mother started running everywhere at some point. The way to make her stop running was to go to edit town -mode, evict the family and then move them back to the house.

So, I was just thinking that the sneaking glitch sounds kind of similar to the running glitch, so it might be worth trying to evict them.
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• Options
    edited November 2013
    I don't know if I want to use the mod because I don't want to install 7-zip or anything. I'm afraid it will mess up my computer. I will try to evict them out of the house through edit town.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I tried evicting my family from the house and it worked. Thanks for your help!