Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maids/Laundry

I'm just gonna ask as I've got a big family right now & don't really want to try it and end up with tons of clothes to deal with...
Do the hired maids do the laundry or is it just your sim has to do it their self?

Comments

• Options
    MommylandMommyland Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited November 2013
    I have some do it and some that don't So I guess its like everything else depends on the maid.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited November 2013
    I've yet to have a maid do my sims laundry. They'll pick clothes up and put it in hampers, but so far, none have done the laundry.

And the butlers will take it from the washer and put it in the dryer and take it out of the dryer, but my sims have to put it in the washer.

Bonehilda even ignores the laundry in my game. I've yet to find anyone that will do it for my sims, other than what the butler does.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    SharpheartSharpheart Posts: 151 Member
    edited November 2013
    Dang, that sucks I was hoping someone quite obviously did.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited November 2013
    Every time any of my sim households has hired a maid, the first time he/she came, they did the laundry. But after that, they never did it again. And the longer they were coming the more they slacked off and left things undone. When my sim households really need help with housework, I prefer to make a housekeeper who is a controllable member of the household.
  • Options
    LucyBorgiaLucyBorgia Posts: 753 Member
    edited November 2013
    I find a maid will sometimes move the washing from the washing machine to the dryer, & often get dry washing from the dryer, both of them more so if a household member had a want to do laundry (satisfied by getting the dry washing). Bonehilda will usually move the washing on for drying & put away, but again won't start washing it.

If I'm playing for fun rather than a challenge, I edit the traits of maids & babysitters to make them better at their jobs (insert evil smily ;-) ) & neat, workaholic, neurotic, perfectionist maids do a good job.
  • Options
    MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited November 2013
    I can confirm maids will only put it in the hampers, but butlers will do it all- from putting it in the washer to taking it off line line or out of the dryer.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited November 2013
    The butlers I've had didn't put the laundry in the dryer, they dropped it in a heap on the floor. They would go back and pick it up, like they were going to put it in the dryer, but then drop it right back on the floor again. My sims could put it in the dryer, so the problem wasn't with the dryer.
  • Options
    Purplefox220Purplefox220 Posts: 55
    edited November 2013
    Somehow I end up with all the lazy maids. My family usually comes home to dirty dishes still on the table, unmade beds, and sometimes laundry not done. I think once in a while my maids do the laundry. Once I had a maid clean EVERYTHING for me, then he stopped doing laundry after a couple weeks for some reason. I still hired him because he did everything else, so unless its just me, they do it occasionally