Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

In new worlds, the game crashes at 1:59

Ive unfortunately found that in all newly made worlds since ITF came out, that I cannot play any new games at all. At 1:59 exactly, on the first night, the game locks up completely, leaving he game running, but frozen. Time stops passing, the camera locks, the interface is dead.

I assume its something to do with those alarms that trigger at certain hours, I removed Error Trap and Overwatch to see if they were the cause (Overwatch itself lags the game at 2:59 am when it triggers its cleanup alarms, but never kills the game)

Has anyone else experienced this bug? If I cant ever fix this, the game is practically doomed, as I always inevitably need to import a family into a new version of the world due to the usual corruption over time.
Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.

Comments

• Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited November 2013
    That's odd. I play about 40 worlds and I have never come across this issue.
    Is ErrorTrap generating any logs around this time?
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    edited November 2013
    Nope. Everything just freezes instantly. Removing the mods, clearing caches etc etc, do nothing, and since it happens when the game is going into 2am, it makes me think its alarm related.

New games are such a huge mess that its not suprising, youve got visitors, NPCs being generated, the uni mascot AND the time portal popping up.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    You say you can't play any new games. Does this also count towards a new game in Sunset Valley with no cc or pc containing lot?
    I'm asking because the only cause I can think of currently is corrupt cc or another case of premium content corruption (similar to the tree of prosperity, the toddler playpen and the walker).
    And to the best of my knowledge I can't think of anything that triggers alarms exactly at 2 am and only then. Well of course it could be some kind of cc but I'm not into that. *scratches head*
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I only use the bugfix kind of mods, and even then, only Twallan's ones. Ive tried all kinds of combinations, it always leads to a freeze at 1:59. All old games run fine. I'll try heading to the future before the first night's 1:59.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Uhm that was not my question. :?:
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Sunset Valley is broken. Everything is broken in a new game. Travelling to the future and back, game still crashed, although it got to 2:00 this time.