Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions about Random meteor showers & Sims Obsessed with Pool......

So has anyone else experienced a new obsession sims have with swimming in the pool. Whenever I have my sims travel to the future I have them buy the biggest house that has a pool. As soon as they are moved in my sims will gather in the swimming pool on their own. That's all they do on their own! Swim!

And has anyone else experienced random meteor showers that just... happen on their own really... and there's no warning either. Not that I don't like it. Hehe..... :twisted:

And yes I have mods and no I won't remove them. I just want to know if anyone else has experienced this.

Comments

• Options
    BubblyKaitlynBubblyKaitlyn Posts: 244
    edited November 2013
    The pool thing happened to me before :roll:
    My Sim was visiting her descendants, but nobody was home except the kids, who didn't open the door. My sim kept wanting to go swimming in their pool and kept changing into her swimwear.
  • Options
    4thefunofit44thefunofit4 Posts: 3,032 Member
    edited November 2013
    Oy...........

All my sims, including the plumbot go swimming like maniacs now. Must! Swim! :lol:
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    1 of 2 random meteor crashes:
    xvp7.jpg

I tried deleting the pool but the game wouldn't let me, next thing you know they're all in... only got 2 out:33ct.jpg

• Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited November 2013
    Do they have the athletic trait? Sims with that trait love to swim and get a big fun boost out of it.

As an aside, do you have the premium content item, the wave station? You can buy it separably in game for 500 SimPoints.

I mention it because I found my Sims don't use it at home but if I put it on a community beach the Townie Sims just love it.

Here is a link to it

http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:68066&categoryId=13062

Again you can't buy it from the link as of yet but if you go into buy mode while playing the game you can purchase it that way.
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited November 2013
    As to the meteor showers, did your sim visit Dystopia? Cause there is a bug that happens after you visit Dystopia which has a lot of meteor showers. The random meteor showers follow you back to the normal future and the Utopia future worlds. Sometimes persisting into other game saves, I think, according to some threads I've read.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Mylita wrote:
    As to the meteor showers, did your sim visit Dystopia? Cause there is a bug that happens after you visit Dystopia which has a lot of meteor showers. The random meteor showers follow you back to the normal future and the Utopia future worlds. Sometimes persisting into other game saves, I think, according to some threads I've read.

Mylita
    Omg yes. The meteor showers happened a couple times in the dystopian future so I brought them back to their present and had them go to a normal future. That would explain a lot. :lol:
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited November 2013
    Anymore, they don't need any trait to make them pool crazy. Even hydrophobic sims will get glued on swimming anywhere off the home lot and, non hydrophobic ones will even at home - plumbots included though they will do what their trait chips dictate. (Clean, garden care for babies or toddler) then swim until they are forced to recharge and, will siphon power near the pool if they can rather than go to the charging station.

Makes lot building simple. Pool, Bed, toilet, shower, food synthesizer, walls door - done. That's all the sims want or need.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Anymore, they don't need any trait to make them pool crazy. Even hydrophobic sims will get glued on swimming anywhere off the home lot and, non hydrophobic ones will even at home - plumbots included though they will do what their trait chips dictate. (Clean, garden care for babies or toddler) then swim until they are forced to recharge and, will siphon power near the pool if they can rather than go to the charging station.

Makes lot building simple. Pool, Bed, toilet, shower, food synthesizer, walls door - done. That's all the sims want or need.

Lol, when I saw my plumbot jumping into the pool I thought she would die but she didn't. lol. It's like there's a giant magnet in the pool and they're all attracted to it.
  • Options
    AlmightyBlahAlmightyBlah Posts: 137 Member
    edited November 2013
    I play with autonomy off, so I didn't realise anything was amiss until I had to fire the maid back home for constantly swimming in my pool and never actually cleaning anything. D=

Also, the only way I was able to fix the meteor bug was to reset the time continuum. You'll keep your legacy statues, but you'll lose all relationships with future sims ('cept Emit's) and any updates you've made to lots (it resets the entire neighbourhood to how it was when you first arrived, so I'd reccomend copying anything you changed to the bin so you can replace them upon re-arrival).
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    edited November 2013
    My plumbots swim all the time; it's driving me nuts! Between that and constant alien abductions, my plumbots never get any work at all :shock: :(
    But so far (touch wood) my Sims aren't obsessed with swimming...
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited November 2013
    I have a family of 5 with a large pool and their lives revolve around the dang pool. Unfortunately I gave one of the daughters Loves To Swim so if she could, she'd eat in the pool. :lol:

Truth is, I'd much rather have them obsessed with swimming than any other thing. They can skill and pool parties are so easy now...love throwing them. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.