Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Saved Games not showing up in launcher

I launch my game and none of my saved games are showing up on the load screen. It shows my game as if I just loaded it and am starting new. I found my saved games and they are still in the Sims 3 applications folder under saves. How do I make these games link back in with my games? I'm at my wits end and really don't want to start from scratch! Darn all these mac/Sims3 problems!

Comments

• Options
    AshpeefAshpeef Posts: 173 Member
    edited November 2013
    (...) I found my saved games and they are still in the Sims 3 applications folder under saves. How do I make these games link back in with my games? (...)

Just to make sure: there is the Applications folder and then there's the Documents folder.

The program The Sims 3 should be in your applications folder (Applications/The Sims™ 3/The Sims™ 3.app). Apart from that app, this folder should contain only some ReadMe's, the Uninstaller and aliases to any EP/SP you installed.

Your saved files should be in your Documents folder at Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves
    Within the Saves folder are the folders with names ending in .sims3 and beginning with the names you gave your saves.

If this is indeed the way your game files are set up and your saves (still) don't show up, you might try the following:
    - if the Sims is active, quit it
    - drag the folder Saves from Documents to a place outside the Electronic Arts folder, say your desktop
    - start the Sims, create a new game and save it with an easily recognisable name like XYZ or TrashThisLater
    - quit the Sims again
    - find the new Saves folder that the game should now have created. It contains only the game you just saved: XYZ.sims3
    - drag all your saved files out of the Saves folder at your desktop (that is: all folders ending in .sims3) to the newly made Saves folder in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/ Your old saved folders should now sit alongside the XYZ.sims3 folder and the old Saves folder at the desktop should be empty
    - drag XYZ.sims and the empty Saves folder from the desktop to the trashcan
    - start the Sims again and (hopefully) find your old saves available again.

Good luck!
  • Options
    roman2886roman2886 Posts: 702 Member
    @Ashpeef I tried that the first nothing second nothing,I found what solved the problem I started a new game all the way from every beginning saved the new game emptied the data of the new saved file dragged all my data from my saved game into the new saved fold and my saved game returned.
  • Options
    AshpeefAshpeef Posts: 173 Member
    Isn't that exactly what I described? I can't see where you did something different?

Anyway, I'm glad you managed to restore your saved game!
  • Options
    jkwiafejkwiafe Posts: 2 New Member
    My work around:
    Copy a working saved game to your desktop
    Copy files out of save file that will not load
    Delete files in the working save file folder while game is at the select a world screen
    Paste copied files into the now empty working save file folder
    Load the working save file
    Once you load the game save all important lots and families (Re-Saving under a different name will not work)
    Close game
    Restart sims3
    Load a new world
    Place families and lots in new world
    Save game.
  • Options
    EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there!
    Since there are several workarounds in this thread, I'm locking it to prevent it from being bumped further as per our necroposting rules. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top