Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fireplace... Problem...

My fireplaces keep setting my floor on fire... Like I'll have nothing around it and then bam! fire.
Do you guys know how to prevent this? I normally use wood floors but carpet does the same thing.
Do I need to use like linoleum or cement or what?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited November 2013
    Have your sims upgrade the fireplaces to fireproof, or buy them the Fireproof Homestead Lifetime Reward.
  • Options
    SharpheartSharpheart Posts: 151 Member
    edited November 2013
    Okay, I can as of right now upgrade the fireplace but I'll be working on the fireproof homestead now xP Thanks!

Does anyone know of a cheaper solution?
  • Options
    lilybluebelllilybluebell Posts: 495 Member
    edited November 2013
    I would've thought your fires were due to the carpet and wood floor as they're flammable, so as you suggested, placing linoleum or tiles may help. However, I think the main cause could probably be that you're placing objects too close to the fireplace, so try to space out your objects more and try not to leave your fire burning overnight. If this fails, my only other suggestion would be to upgrade your fireplace to a better one, as the cheap ones are never as reliable! Good luck. :)
    tumblr_m6lwv1LDhs1r1fabt.gif
    In Evan Heaven.

• Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited November 2013
    One of my sims caught on fire while she was upgrading her fireplace.
  • Options
    SharpheartSharpheart Posts: 151 Member
    edited November 2013
    Oh, I see the problem I think. I had a picture placed off behind / to the side of the fireplace before I bought it.
    Well, I moved it and replaced the floors with linoleum and am going to buy a much better fireplace and upgrade it. xP
    Thanks guys. Hopefully my house will remain fire free c:
    (And my sim doesn't catch afire when she upgrades it... o.o)