Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which game should I get?

So, I've been thinking about which sim game I should get next... I've got it down to the sims University, Late night, or Island paradise. In your opinion, whats the best qualities of each game? And the worse?

Comments

• Options
    channlovesyou123channlovesyou123 Posts: 174 New Member
    edited November 2013
    It depends what your looking for
    If you want your sims to experience the whole university college thing and have added career option then university

if you want night clubs celebrities and vampires then late night

and if you want to build your own resort be a life guard snoorkle etc then island paradise

i personally like late night the best it comes with a lot of new things and is really fun to play

a lot of people have had problems with island paradise and i find university boring infact i have never completed enough terms to gain a qualification

• Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited November 2013
    Sharpheart wrote:
    So, I've been thinking about which sim game I should get next... I've got it down to the sims University, Late night, or Island paradise. In your opinion, whats the best qualities of each game? And the worse?

Island Paradise :)
  • Options
    semicheasemichea Posts: 79 New Member
    edited November 2013
    I don't have Late Night, but I do have the other two.

My favorite features from UL would have to be the new Bonfire and Juice Kegger parties, the ability to have 7 traits instead of 5 through earning a degree and achieving a certain social group level, and having the ability to start a career at level 4 with a degree. I haven't reached the new life state yet, and I don't usually focus my sims' lives around attaining influence within a social group, so I've only had one sim get into a career that came with reaching level 10 of a social group.

My favorite features from IP are the new mermaid life state, being able to own and upgrade a resort, the new building materials, and the ability to go scuba diving. I don't use the new Lifeguard profession very much; also, I really enjoy having sims that make nectar, so without basements in the houseboats, I usually opt for land-based houses. I do like the versatility of the houseboats though. :)

I think the one EP out of these three that I couldn't play the game without would be UL because it is very versatile. There are a number of different degrees your Sim can get, and it comes with a lot content that I use in every one of my families. IP is nice and does have a few furniture and clothing items that I can use regardless of what kind of family I'm playing, but Isla Paradiso is very glitchy for me, as are some of the other towns, so I usually stick to Moonlight Falls or Sunset Valley. It's not as much fun to use some of the IP features if you aren't in Isla Paradiso, so I really don't use many of the things from that EP except for clothing, furniture, and the waterfall braid.

It really depends on what kind of game you envision for yourself. Late Night has a lot of really awesome content with the new Mixologist career/profession, celebrity status, vampires, the new neighborhood, etc. So I would get an EP based on the kind of story you want to tell with your sims. I mostly play legacy-style games (not the challenge though), and UL was a really family friendly EP in my opinion because almost every parent wants to see their kid go off to college, and my sims often meet their spouses at uni. :) IP isn't as easy to play legacy-style with in my opinion, especially on a houseboat. So just go with your natural style of gaming and you'll find something you definitely want. :)
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited November 2013
    I already have Late Night and just recently got Island Paradise and it's been loading up and running fine on my computer.University Life is another one I'd like ,but it has to wait until I can afford it.I'd advise you to look at what you want first and what your computer can safely handle without the game lagging.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    emma78888emma78888 Posts: 240 Member
    edited November 2013
    University Life is good but very repetitive and once you have done it once, at least for me, I don't really want to go through it again for a while. It is hard to go out partying and focus on the grades, at least I found it tough!!
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited November 2013
    Tricky choice, but of those three I'd not pick out Ui Life, even though it's a good EP. Island Paradise and Late Night are probs better!
    I love the vampires in Late Night, but if you have Supernatural that's a bit of a con for getting LN. However the clothes and hairs are great, I use the clothes on most sims!

IP is great, though, because you get houseboats and islands and resorts etc. However some people have problems with the town on this EP because it's a big file and there game cannot support it!
  • Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited November 2013
    It's hard to say which you should get - is it possible to wait for Black Friday and get all three? I think out of the three of them, I enjoyed UL the most - yes, going to university can get a bit boring after a few times, but the items that came with it are so worth it (at least to me). Bonfire, ping pong, several new plants to grow (herbs) coffee shop, bowling alley and comics store, ability to have 7 traits... and did I mention bowling alley? lol Although I admit, I use the Late Night professional bar ALOT... and I do enjoy the houseboats. Sigh. It's impossible to choose for you, but check out what comes with which at either Simsvip or Carl's sim guide, or watch some let's plays on Youtube, and see which one you think you can't live without.
  • Options
    saitouamysaitouamy Posts: 1,104 Member
    edited November 2013
    Ooh tough choice! It really depends on how you want to play... but if I had to chose one, I would buy Late Night :)
    I love observing NPC and bar is a very nice place to watch sims.
  • Options
    lovelylisaclovelylisac Posts: 1,291 Member
    edited November 2013
    Late Night and Island Paradise are better for long term playability. Both give new worlds you can actually live in.

Late Night is the only city world, with subways, and a lot of social life. You also get musical instruments, start a band, the celebrity system, and vampires. It's a great world for vamps, or young singles. There's not a lot of space to build family homes though, and if you don't have a car it takes forever to cross town on the subway. You can get mugged as well.

Island Paradise has mermaids, fight with a shark, discover islands, run a resort (which I've never tried - too busy flirting with mermaids), become a lifeguard, scuba diving skill. It's also probably the prettiest EP world, the rabbitholes are lovely, with a real holiday feel. I relax just looking at it (until the lag, but NRaas mods have fixed that for me. And it was my own fault for having every EP on at once anyway, greedy).

University is fun to play through a couple of times, but quickly gets boring (at least, it does if your family has 6 kids). You get plant sims, streaking, a lot of social stuff, three new careers (I love game developer) and the chance to be crushed to death by a folding bed. If you're sending a born in game sim with a lot of existing skills, and they sit the admission test and get a good score, they'll probably only need to go to uni once (two sim weeks). If you've just started a new sim/family, and they are totally unskilled, they will need to go two or three times to complete their degree (boring as anything). If you have a sim that needs Charisma skill, uni is the easiest place to learn it, especially if they live in a dorm. If you buy them a car, because walking everywhere takes sooo long, don't forget to put it back in their inventory before they leave to go home at the end of term (an expensive mistake I made twice).

Hope this helps. Good luck with deciding, and have fun playing once you finally choose :)