Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can you delete CC files after they've been installed?

I've been poking around, but haven't gotten a straight answer for this. I have hundreds of files of CC cluttering my laptop, and I was wondering if after they have been loaded/installed, can you delete the CC and still have it run normally in the game?

I know this is a silly question, but I really don't know. Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you! :oops:

Comments

• Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited October 2013
    You CAN delete the Rar or ZIP files, as well as the contents of the Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Downloads folder without affecting what is in your game BUT, then you would have to re-download all of it if you ever changed computers or, had a hard drive fail - not fun.

Instead move those files to removable media for backup. CD, DVD,Flash Drives or, an external hard drive (not expensive at all for a 500GB one) would be perfect.

Then if you need them on another computer, or another hard drive, all you have to do is insert the media they are on and there they are, ready to extract and install or, copy to the new downloads folder and install via the launcher.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.