Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Story Progression Improved For Sims4?

I really hope there is more story progression in the Sims4. It is really disappointing how none of the sims lives change in Sims3 unless you change them. It would be great if the sims' lives would change a bit more around your sims.

Comments

• Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited October 2013
    Oh, SP for Sims 3 changed lives a lot if you switched families for a bit!

Yes, you would have a nice, stable family... husband, wife, teenager, toddler. You switch to another family for five minutes and come back to find the husband was killed by a meteor hitting his car, the wife drowned in the pool, the teen got electrocuted trying to repair the TV, the toddler is wandering around on fire, and the Grim Reaper is too busy doing keg stand with Bonehilda to collect all of the souls.

Oh, what a riot that is!

And then, it loves to play other tricks! Like waiting until you go to a WA world and then killing the special merchant so the adventure board breaks and you can't do anything! What a laugh!

In all seriousness, I hope they fix it as well.
  • Options
    MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited October 2013
    I really hope there is more story progression in the Sims4. It is really disappointing how none of the sims lives change in Sims3 unless you change them. It would be great if the sims' lives would change a bit more around your sims.

What? All of the families change when you don't control them, so long as Story Progression is turned on under Options. I don't understand where you are coming from, here...

• Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited October 2013
    I hope they toss it out and rewrite it from the ground up.
  • Options
    MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited October 2013
    I hope they toss it out and rewrite it from the ground up.

With emotions and all that, I wouldn't be surprised if this is the game plan.
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited October 2013
    There were a couple of things, I feel, that were great ideas in theory for TS3, but didn't actually work out so well. Story Progression is one of them.

It works for me, at least. It does what it's supposed to. But I would like to see it improved a lot more and become more powerful, able to do more and with more options for user control.
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited October 2013
    The one thing EA's story progression did too often for me was have love interests and friends of my active Sim move away randomly. My Sim would make friends with someone across the street and the next time I tried to visit I got the message that no one lived there. It was very frustrating. Marriages, babies, careers, those kinds of things rarely happened around town. I installed Twallan's SP to liven up my game.
  • Options
    crimrosecrimrose Posts: 401 New Member
    edited October 2013
    Mostly, I just want them to devise a SP system that actually works the way it's intended. I love Twallan's mod for SP, because it actually does what SP was originally intended to do: it makes sure that your Sims live their lives, that they get jobs, get married, have kids, sometimes die, etc. You know. Normal things that people do in real life. :lol:

Pretty much, the only thing that the EA story progression does in my game is ensure that my inactive Sims get older (and eventually, die of old age). While that's a huge improvement on Sims 2, it's still pretty basic, and Twallan has obviously proven that a GOOD, proper, working version of SP certainly could have been implemented in TS3 from the start...had they actually done it properly (which is most likely the result of the horrid time constraints that those developers are probably at the mercy of). The EA story progression feels very unfinished, and it's obvious that, again, it's only partially complete. It functions at the most basic level, and I'm really hoping that the developers for TS4 will take a peek at Twallan's work...but don't we all? ;)