Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unstable trait not working properly?

Hi everyone
I just got my game today and decided to start a new game with a 'futureproof' sim.
I decided to give her the unstable trait and I thought it would be fun to have her change trait every now and then.. However when she gets the confused moodlet the message popping up tells me that one of her trait is replaced by '.', for example her exentric trait is replaced by a '.'
So I thought maybe it's just a . in the beginning of her confused state of mind and let it become permanent... so in the end she lost a trait instead of swapping one for the other...
Was this succesful for anyone else? Or does anyone else has any problems witb this trait?
Any solutions?

Comments

• Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited October 2013
    I think that is normal.
    Your sim will loose some traits. :)
  • Options
    kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    edited October 2013
    I havent tried the trait yet, but i will now when my sims baby becomes a child, so i can post here as soon as i see how it Works :)
  • Options
    okido1987okido1987 Posts: 1,898 Member
    edited October 2013
    GREENEYA wrote:
    I think that is normal.
    Your sim will loose some traits. :)

I'm still trying to figure out if it's normal since it tells me that a trait has been replaced by a dot.....
    the info on the trait says that permanent changes can occur.
    Hopefully someone has had a succesful swap of traits instead of losing them!
    Thanms for helping though.

@kiwi Thanks, look forward to seeing what tbe trait does for your sims!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Just a little nudge
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited October 2013
    The first time this happened to me, it said the same thing. Second time, it gave actual traits. Maybe it is a glitch... That doesn't make any sense to take traits away.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    The first time this happened to me, it said the same thing. Second time, it gave actual traits. Maybe it is a glitch... That doesn't make any sense to take traits away.

Did you do anything special for it work?
    I have had the pop-up about 4 times and everytime it's the same for me...
  • Options
    taraincognitataraincognita Posts: 109 Member
    edited October 2013
    I'm playing an unstable sim and the only time so far that she has had a trait change the pop-up told me flirty had been changed to neurotic. I've never had any of what you are talking about.
  • Options
    kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    edited October 2013
    i made a New sim to try it With, what happens is first i get the moodlet for it, saying my sim should og to the hospital, then i get another warning, and when the time expired she suddenly had 3 New traits.. And not all good ones, her Family trait was swapped With dislikes chilsen. But i havent tried again, it annoyed me so much that i just removed her trait :)
  • Options
    rpggamer589858rpggamer589858 Posts: 5
    edited December 2013
    I have had the same problem with this trait as okido1987. I'm pretty sure that this is a glitch - otherwise I think the sentence structure would be more like: "has lost the following traits" rather than saying they were replaced with "."

I'm wondering if this could be related to the age of the sim. The sim in question for me is a child. Children already have a trait bug - not taking on the selected trait when aging up to a teen. Perhaps these two bugs are related to one another? It may have something to do with the way child sims add, or fail to add, traits.

Although, if okido1987's sims is not a child, they may not be related at all.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I have had the same problem with this trait as okido1987. I'm pretty sure that this is a glitch - otherwise I think the sentence structure would be more like: "has lost the following traits" rather than saying they were replaced with "."

I'm wondering if this could be related to the age of the sim. The sim in question for me is a child. Children already have a trait bug - not taking on the selected trait when aging up to a teen. Perhaps these two bugs are related to one another? It may have something to do with the way child sims add, or fail to add, traits.

Although, if okido1987's sims is not a child, they may not be related at all.

My sim was a newly created young adult. She had this message a few times but after that it worked properly again. The "." is being shown sometimes and the other times it works properly. So not sure what makes it not work might be just bad luck sometimes.
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited May 2014
    I was experimenting with the Unstable vs Insane trait.
    I created 8 Young Adult Sims in CAH and placed them in a household together with only one controllable Sim. They all had the standard number of traits to start. Five included the Insane trait and three included the Unstable trait. None of them were treated for any delusional episodes.
    Grant (Unstable) kept the same number of traits. But Fancey and Margo kept losing traits until only the Unstable trait was left. (Hidden traits excluded).
    unstab10.jpg
    Still not sure if this is supposed to happen.