Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Race against time-A Going Solo Challenge-Possibly Coming Back In the near future

Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
This is my attempt at the Going Solo Created by Vuneca

I always play with no cheats and this is my first attempt to create a story. I will be using this post to keep track of my progress.

Generation #1-Holly Wood LTW-Professional Author and Career is writing
Generation #2-Rose Wood Landgraab-LTW is Gold digger and Career is Alchemist
Generation #3-Wolfie Landgraab-LTW is Leader of the Pack and Career is Rock Star
Generation #4-Sandi Landgraab-LTW is Pervasive Private Eye and Career is Private Investigator

Chapter 1-A Mission Accepted
Chapter 2-My Green Heaven
Chapter 3-Wham, Bam, Thank you Ma'am
Chapter 4-Look who's talking
Chapter 5-I beg your pardon
Chapter 6-I never promised you a Rose Garden
Chapter 7-Rose in Bloom
Chapter 8-The Ghost of Christmas Future
Chapter 9-Nothing is as it seems
Chapter 10-Moonlight Falls
Chapter 11-The Honeymoon is over
Chapter 12-A Message From Beyond
Chapter 13-Let 'em eat cake
Chapter 14.1-Teen Wolfie
Chapter 14.2-And Justice for All
Chapter 14.3-A Dish Best Served Cold
Chapter 15.1-Back From the Future
Chapter 15.2-The Ladies Man
Chapter 16-Embracing the Wolf
Chapter 17-Whoa Baby!
Chapter 18-You Play, You Pay
Chapter 18.2-Abigail Cardona
Chapter 18.3-Mrs. Brown you have a lovely daughter
Chapter 19-Oh Sandi Baby
Chapter 20-Kiss the Girl
Chapter 21.1-Platonic No More
Chapter 21.2-That's MY DAUGHTER
Chapter 22.1-Family Update
Chapter 22.2-The Truth Shall Set You Free
Chapter 23-Confessions and Confrontations
Chapter 24-The Aftermath
Chapter 25-Who's your Baby Mama?
Chapter 26.1-Makeover Madness
Chapter 26.2-A Hard Day's Night
Chapter 26.3-Knight Rider
Chapter 26.4-She said.......Yes!
Chapter 27-Ask Holly
Chapter 28-I think we are not in Moonlight Falls anymore
Chapter 29-Goin to the Chapel, Gonna get Ma-a-arried!
Chapter 30-Every Breath You Take
Chapter 31-Honor thy Father
Chapter 32-A Blast from the Past
Chapter 33-Three's Company
Chapter 34-The Simlight Zone
Chapter 35-University Days
Chapter 36-Hitting a curve
Chapter 37-The Worst Kept Secret
Chapter 38-You Can Do Magic
Chapter 39-Wedding Bell Blues
Chapter 40-Our Little Starr
Chapter 41-Postpartum Depression
Chapter 42-Jackal and Bat Investigations
Chapter 43-Getting to know you
Chapter 44-Return to Lunar Lakes
Chapter 45-Captivity
Chapter 45.1-Gotcha
Chapter 45.2-Oh Brother!
Chapter 45.3-The Fairy Godfather
Chapter 45.4-Reunited
Chapter 46-Bewitched
Post edited by Piazzagirl1015 on

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Generation 1-Holly Wood
    Chapter 1-A Mission Accepted

As the clock ticked on Doomsday fast approached, there was not much hope for this world. Everywhere you went there was signs of destruction.

g1h2.jpg

Polluted water and causing the death of fish and leaving the water dirty and discolored.

ygg7.jpg
    7v0x.jpg

The Oceans were drying up and the skies were full of smog and dirt

34v0.jpg

Trees and all plant life dying off

x9te.jpg

Sims going though trash piles just looking for any kind of food

zbkk.jpg

Huge Rifts caused by meteors

cph0.jpg

and the meteor showers were happening more frequently, time was running out and it seemed hopeless.

pvkz.jpg

Holly Wood, a well known author and environmental engineering tracked down the cause of this problem which started thousands of years ago. If only someone would have warned our ancestors, maybe this outcome could have been changed. She sighed because she knew she would never know the answer to that question, or would she?
    Little did she know her very good friend Emit Relevart who most people thought of a little bit ecentric had called her to his home with a plan.

pol6.jpg

He developed a way to time travel and he wanted Holly to travel back to educate the people of the past. She wondered why her, why didn't he want to go?
    He explained that her books and her words to keep the environment clean might be able to reach out to the people of the past. He also needed to be able to travel back and forth in case she needed his help, after all he was the only other person who could time travel.

She needed to go back 2000 years into the past and live among our ancestors, write book and have her descendants continue her teachings.
    This mission would mean she would have to sacrifice her life here, but if she didn't there soon wouldn't be any life for anyone. Holly seen no other choice but to accept the mission, it was their only chance.

Emit did have one warning for her, she needed to procreate as she would age at a normal rate in the past but neither her or her children were allowed to change the space time continuum. Which meant no marriages. Holly nor any of her children were not meant to be living in those years and any type of personal relationship could actually alter the future. This mission needed to be as professional as humanly possible.

dw8v.jpg
    v80h.jpg

They knew they couldn't waste any time, she had to leave immediately. He gave her a big hug and she changed into more primitive clothes. She needed to fit in with society and be accepted as one of their own.

yshr.jpg

As brave but frightened she could be she walked into the time machine and landed at the house Emit set up for her.

3dle.jpg

in a place called Lunar lakes, the house looked like a mushroom. but it had everything she needed to start her new life.

h3e6.jpg

She immediately got to work on her books, not only to save the world but to save herself from having to live in a mushroom for the rest of her life. As she opened the file she typed in the Title "Going Solo:A Race against Time"

Edit-to correct errors

(To be continued)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Persefona711Persefona711 Posts: 356 Member
    edited October 2013
    I like it! looking forward the next chapter :)
    qbDPpCu.jpg
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited October 2013
    Great start, I love the background for Holly Wood (I laughed at that name, sorry.). I'm looking forward to read more!
  • Options
    jazenjazen Posts: 5,612 Member
    edited October 2013
    I'm laughing at the name too...Holly Wood, I love it. :mrgreen:

Nice start and I love the background you set up for Holly and her decedents! Hope she's able to complete her mission.
    15845932053_27f57f3980.jpg

• Options
    AngelzzzDaydream0AngelzzzDaydream0 Posts: 1,087 Member
    edited October 2013
    Luv the story background! Can't wait to see Holly's adventures! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    HollyhocksFluffHollyhocksFluff Posts: 884 Member
    edited October 2013
    I'm rooting for Holly! She can do it! :)
    Babies.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Holly is a sim I have been using for a long time. I had a list of unusual baby names that the stars give their children and I thought it would be a good idea for a legacy to give the children the names on the list, so the founder had to have a name to go along with the Idea, which is how I came up with the name. This also happened to be the first time I completed a 10 generation legacy, so I had to use her for the first time I would create a story. I did change her traits because her lifetime wish was to be surrounded by family and I wanted to make her Eco Friendly for story purposes.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Generation 1
    Chapter 2-My Green Heaven

Holly heard a noise outside and it was Emit arriving from the future.

Emit:I'm here for a progress report Holly, how are you settling in?
    Holly:Well at first I had a tiny problem

q8e4.jpg

I was hungry one day and decided to make some Organic Mac and Cheese but there was no food synthesizer to order from so I had to actually prepare the food myself. Which was going along fine until.....

9fs8.jpg

I had to use what is known here as cooking on a stove

8hte.jpg

I was beginning to get into it when
    the stove went on fire

7etz.jpg

I decided that I should eat salad's until
    I improve my cooking skill a bit

The next day I decided to go to what is called the fall festival and this is when things turned out a whole lot better for me. The minute I arrived there I seen the most beautiful sights ever. The grass was green and healthy with colorful flowers

1doi.jpg

I was amazed on how beautiful a flower could be and they smelled wonderful.

cb0n.jpg
    pnx1.jpg

The trees were full of fruit and produced the juciest and tastiest apples I had ever eaten.

1sbc.jpg

Tiny creatures called cats, I have only seen in text books were walking around.

nxl6.jpg

The day was full of wonder and excitement for me so I took this as inspiration to write my next book called My Green Heaven.

aii9.jpg

Emit:Excellent! Things are going according to plans but what about procreation?

Holly:Well that is another story....

(To be continued)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Love your name idea. :)

hahaha poor Holly doesn't know how to use the primitive stove :P Glad she faired ok with the fire. I'm sure she'll get the hang of cooking soon enough. I like how you are making things so 'new' to her. The grass and the kittens, very cool. But um I wonder how procreation is done in her time, because that could be a whole new experience for her as well if it's not done via human contact LOL

I don't own Lunar Lakes, so it will be fun to see that world through your story.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    jazen wrote:
    Love your name idea. :)

hahaha poor Holly doesn't know how to use the primitive stove :P Glad she faired ok with the fire. I'm sure she'll get the hang of cooking soon enough. I like how you are making things so 'new' to her. The grass and the kittens, very cool. But um I wonder how procreation is done in her time, because that could be a whole new experience for her as well if it's not done via human contact LOL

I don't own Lunar Lakes, so it will be fun to see that world through your story.

Jaze stole my post before I could write it!

*turns away from the screen and looks to where she thinks the culprit might be* CHANDEEELLLL!!!
  • Options
    BGateGWayBBGateGWayB Posts: 3,828 Member
    edited October 2013
    Bookmarked! :D
  • Options
    edited October 2013
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Chapter 3-Wham, Bam, Thank You Ma'am

Holly and Emit are still talking about her progress. Emit just asked if she made any plans for procreation.

jvte.jpg

Holly:Actually I have made some progress in that area. About a month ago I went to the hospital and asked to engineer a baby and they sent me to the psychiatric ward.

Emit:What is a psychiatric ward?

Holly:A place we no longer have any need for since we abolished emotions and cured most mental problems 1000 years ago

c1q4.jpg

Holly:I needed to research this a little more; it seems the only way to generate offspring here is the primitive way.

Emit:Do you mean you will actually have to Woohoo?

Holly:Yes it’s the only way

Emit:Oh Holly I didn’t know you would actually have to do that, if you want to forget this project I will understand.

Holly:Now that I am living here, I am more commited to this project now than I have ever been before. I will do whatever it takes to save simkind from extinction.

Emit:You are indeed very brave and you must be very careful not the change the future when choosing a donor for your child.

Holly:Emit you should know by now I have this all under control. There is something over here called a “One Night Stand” so I will not actually have to go through any marriage rituals, but choosing a partner was difficult until I found out about one primitive creature here that would be perfect. This type of sim has no home, family, past or future and they are considered to be the sleaziest and most vilest of all creatures here. They stay and annoy sims for a while and eventually they just slink away and are never heard from again.

ik19.jpg

They call them the paparazzi.

axhh.jpg

Wham

822w.jpg

Bam

h4ia.jpg

Thank you Ma'am

Holly:And Emit woohoo wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be, in fact I think I would not mind doing it again.

pua6.jpg

Emit:Holly its time for me to go and for you to get on with the mission. Now that you will have a child around, its best that I not come around for a while. When the time comes that the child knows the reason for his or her existence we will see each other again. Take Care my friend.

k2oy.jpg

Holly decided to go to bed when all of a sudden she felt something, it was the baby moving for the first time. It was incredible to know that within her a little life was beginning. She wondered if her mission was not only to teach the ancient sims to take care of the environment but maybe another warning not to let technology take away life's pleasures that nature gave us.

4ibj.jpg

A couple of months later her water broke and she drove to the hospital where she delivered a healthy baby girl who she named Rose. She was the most beautiful baby and Holly could not describe the feeling that came over her when she held the baby close to her. Holly knew nothing about emotions until that day when she felt love for the very first time.

To be continued.....
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    hahaha LOVE THIS!!!

They stay and annoy sims for a while and eventually they just slink away and are never heard from again. They call them the paparazzi. :lol:

and aww...Holly is learning the 'primitive' ways of life aren't so bad after all.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    I love the update, but I don't get it... Did Holly woohoo the paparazzi or Emit?
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited October 2013
    Fun story! Bookmarked!
  • Options
    kezza773kezza773 Posts: 115
    edited October 2013
    This is really interesting :D Bookmarked
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    @Jazen-I had a feeling you were going to like the paparazzi comment :) Holly is really adjusting to life in the past very easily and she is going to love it more soon enough.

@Minx-it was the paparazzi. My first plan was to use Emit as the Baby Daddy. I had already establish Holly and Emit as good friends and it would have been perfect, but I soon found out you can not romance Emit, nor can you engineer a baby with him at the hospital in the future. I'm sure like the Grim Reaper there will be a mod that can do that, but my game doesn't seem to handle mods well, so I'm bound to the tools EA gives me.

@Momminator aand Kezza-Thank you so much :) Its the first time that I am writing a story and its a very big compliment to me that people are actually reading it and liking it. Thank you again
  • Options
    kezza773kezza773 Posts: 115
    edited October 2013
    @Piazzagirl

No problem. I know the situation your in. I'm currently starting my first story on here as well. It's nerve racking (at least I'm nervous) and it's always nice to get good feedback :)
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited October 2013
    Piazzagirl1015 I think your story is very interesting and well-written and I understand what it's like starting a new story because I started one in Winfield and am required to play that whole town as my game legacy.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    AngelzzzDaydream0AngelzzzDaydream0 Posts: 1,087 Member
    edited October 2013
    Just got caught up! :D I like how she is adjusting to the "old" ways. Can't wait to see what else she discovers! The Wham Bam Thank you Ma'am cracked me up! And the paparazzi are finally good for something!!! :lol:
  • Options
    VunecaVuneca Posts: 1,686 Member
    edited October 2013
    Captivating! I love your background story. What a great start!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Chapter 4-Look Who's Talking

l93f.jpg

When we last left Holly she just left the hospital with Rose cradled in her arms.

7glz.jpg

Holly: Hello there my sweetie cutie itsy bitsy baby, you do not know it now but you were sent here to save the world and Momma is going to teach you everything she knows

Rose: (Look who’s talking style) Let me tell you something you do not know, I am going to own the world.
    (Rose laughs fiendishly)

Holly: Oh she looks so sweet, she is smiling and laughing. Momma has some work to do while you nap

Rose: Don't you know sarcasm when you hear it, let me slap some sense into you.

4jyc.jpg

Providing care for an infant by herself, turned out to be one of the most difficult tasks of Holly’s life. Rose seemed to scream in the wee hours of the morning.

Rose: (Think Exorcist here)Mother! Mother!

y0cn.jpg

Holly would get up and take care of Rose’s needs and go back to bed. As soon as Holly went back to bed and pulled the covers over to relax, Rose would start crying again.

ikty.jpg

Rose-Mother! Mother! Get your butt back here Mother!

14tu.jpg

Holly studied almost every book on child rearing she could find and she immediately started Rose’s education with infant’s cognitive developmental skills. Most books advised her to play a game that should help the infant to learn object permanence. She thought the game strange but she placed her hands in front of her face and then she removes them and said a little rhyme

qf8e.jpg

Holly: Peek-a-boo, I see you!

Rose seemed to love it and laughed

Rose: You look so stupid

1lpb.jpg

Before Holly knew it Rose grew from an infant……

uqdn.jpg

into a Toddler right before her eyes

i45o.jpg

A crying Toddler at that

Rose: Mother! Mother!

45t9.jpg

Holly’s mushroom house did not have enough room for both of them, so she moved into a slightly bigger house. The house was small but it had two bedrooms and was in the center of town close to the school.

Rose: One dump or another, doesn't matter. I will live in a beautiful castle someday.

opjm.jpg

Holly taught Rose how to Walk, Talk, Potty and she bought her toys to work on her musical and logical skills.

bsvk.jpg

Holly noticed that Rose loved to be outdoors as much as she did, so she spent the proceeds from her latest book on a stroller.

They enjoyed their walks through the town.

Holly: Yes Rose that’s a Kitty Cat
    Rose: I know it’s a Cat, I want it! Its mine!

q5k3.jpg

They went to the library everyday and Holly would read to Rose
    Rose: My book. Why does she always leave the books here?

kgaz.jpg

Rose’s next birthday arrived and the fun was just about to begin!

cnlm.jpg

Rose: I am queen of the world. The world is my oyster and everything is mine!

b6fq.jpg

Rose: MINE ALL MINE! AH HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To Be Continued......
  • Options
    edited November 2013
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    LOL sounds like Rose is going to be a handful. Evil perhaps???? Either way I think there will be a lot of surprises in for Holly in raising Rose. :mrgreen: