Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aurora Borealis Generation 2, Corona Borealis. Finding Our Place in the Stars

Comments

• Options
    HollyhocksFluffHollyhocksFluff Posts: 884 Member
    edited February 2014
    Awww.. you guys.. shucks *blushes*
    DusklightFaerie glad to see you! Enjoy the story!
    Babies.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Minisode- Mahmoud!

Mahmoud has proved to be a very entertaining room mate! He likes to have dance parties in the garage, using moves I've honestly never seen in game...

Screenshot-90-1.jpg
    My elementary school gym classes tell me he was dancing some version of the macarena. O_O

Screenshot-89-1.jpg
    Some running man

What a party animal!

Late one night, my non playable roommate was out in the yard when overhead...
    Screenshot-95.jpg
    "Cora, you didn't say your mother was coming to visit??"

Screenshot-96-1.jpg
    Hmm, that doesn't seem right...

Screenshot-97-1.jpg
    Nope! Nope! Nope! NOPE!

Screenshot-98-1.jpg
    Why me!!! I knew I shouldn't have stayed up so late!!!

Screenshot-99-1.jpg
    Goodbye, Mahmoud...

Screenshot-100-1.jpg
    Apparently, whatever happened, he didn't like it. Don't call me, Alien. I'll call you.

Screenshot-101-1.jpg
    He went straight to bed, where his lady love was dreaming of her sugar daddy. He never spoke of his strange night to anyone...

Poor Mahmoud. I hadn't had anyone get abducted in a while and at first I was going "what the... Oh no!!! So long, Mahmoud!" He doesn't seem to be pregnant... but the girls moved out before he would have started 'showing'. ...We could have a serious plot twist here that I'm not aware of... Can't imagine Parker Ferguson going for that all too well..
    Babies.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Screenshot-88-1.jpg
    Cora was beginning to feel like studying wasn't even helpful anymore. She was just simply staring at words and information and no longer absorbing it. She decided to take a small break, it was going to be the right move to maintain her sanity. She pulled out her phone and called home.
    Screenshot-94-1.jpgShe went in the bathroom to call... had to do some partial-walls to get screenies...
    "Hello, Spaghetti-Palace? This is Cora Borealis, I'd like to put in my order for three days out. Large, heaping portions of mom's famous spaghetti... key lime pie... and hazelnut lattes for after dinner. About how much will that run me Mom-er, ma'am?" Aurora laughed on the other side of the phone "You think I don't remember your favorite meal? I've got a killer crop of tomatoes and basil out in the garden just waiting for Sunday, Cora. I even washed up the pasta-maker attachment to my mixer... Nothing short of the best for your graduation dinner!" Cora smiled and jabbed "So, we'll go to Emilio's, then?" The women share a hearty laugh.

Screenshot-93-1.jpg
    "How's it going Cora? You getting all your studying in and still making time for your man?" Aurora inquired, figuring her calls from Cora were getting few and far between and she had better ask the questions she really wanted to know, and skip the small talk. "Studying, oh boy. I'm all studied out. And yeah, Mugs and I have a date later tonight. One OUTSIDE the Bio lab, even. Hey, mom. I appreciate you reccomending him to Polaris. They're really helping him with school, paying for his graduate classes and helping with internships and job placement. I wasn't really thrilled about having him roped into the society at first.. but no I'm okay with it."

Aurora's blood ran cold on the other line. She hadn't given the society Mugsy's name. She wasn't sure who did, but she could find out. She hadn't even been involved with the his selection process, which was odd. From what Cora had told her, he didn't come from much, but had an athletic talent. Could Polaris even be keeping things from her? She pushed the thought from her head and decided not to worry Cora. It bugged her though, he was such a late acquisition, recruited after his graduation. She hadn't even heard his name at her meetings with Parker or Rikki, except when she told them how Cora was doing at school. It wasn't likely they had short-listed him... It must have been someone over her head, which made it a very short list indeed.

"Mom?" Cora repeated "Thank you?" "Oh, right! Well, if he's half as wonderful as you say he is Cora, then the society has made a wise choice. What is his Master's in?" Aurora answered vaguely, her head still filled with questions. "Communications, which seems a strange departure from Physical Education, he's such a Jock mom. But he says he's looking towards the future..." their conversation went on for a while before Cora had to get back to studying for her finals. "Thanks mom. It's been really good catching up with you. I miss you, can't wait to see you in a few days! You know, I'll be the one in the black robes... up front, with the diploma. See you soon... love you!"

Screenshot-91-1.jpg
    "Well, patient, what seems to be the trouble?" Daisy was practicing her bedside manner with her anatomy skeleton, who she affectionately called Seymour Bones. (I am a comedic genius!! :P) "Could you list your symptoms please, beginning with most troublesome, or in rank of pain? Ten being unbearable, zero being no pain at all" (I HATE THIS QUESTION!!! Having suffered with chronic pain from Lymes disease and complications from old injuries, I have come to truly loathe.. LOATHE this question. rant over)

Screenshot-92-1.jpg
    "Hmm gnawing hunger you say. From basic palpation and observation, I can, without a doubt, diagnose you as nothing more than a skeleton, Mr. Bones. I can reccomend a course of IV fluids and cheeseburgers with extra bacon." oh boy... Daisy's lost it too...

Screenshot-103-1.jpg
    At bed time, Cora snuck into Daisy's room. "Hey, Dais. How's it going, you cracking under the pressure? Come for a run with me sometime, it helps clear the mind."
    "I don't want my mind CLEARED, Cora, I want it to retain the information." Cora could see her roommate wasn't in such a great mood. "Daisy, what do you think you and Mahmoud will do after school ends? Do you think he'll pop the question? I mean, you've been together as long as Mugsy and I have... things seem pretty serious between you two." "We've discussed it, and barring any unforeseen obstacles, we decided that marriage is the next logical stop. I'll be in my residency, but he'll be plenty busy with his father's business. Our families are a good match, and there is the attraction factor. He just makes me melt!" Cora was relieved to see Daisy had an attraction to Mahmoud other than his family's wealth and power.
    "What about you and muscle-man, Cor? Any little ring going to find it's way to your finger in the future? He doesn't come from money, but he is charming." Cora paused, caught a little off guard by the inquiry. "I.. don't know. He's got a few more years of school, and I figured I would start my career... We haven't really talked specifically about that part of our future." Cora felt a little inadequate, where Daisy was so sure of what comes next and who she would be walking the steps with. "Night Cora." Daisy said, turning towards the bed.
    "Night, Dais." Cora said and walked out the door, closing it behind her. She was used to the carefree life her mother had raised her to embrace, but now she wasn't sure if she wanted something more concrete. Shrugging, she crossed the hallway and into her bedroom where a very sleepy Mugsy was curled up in bed. And that, for tonight, was enough.
    Screenshot-115-1.jpg
    Babies.jpg
  • Options
    jazenjazen Posts: 5,612 Member
    edited February 2014
    man how did I miss so many updates??? Well all caught up now.

A little worried about the society's interest in Mugsy, even more so since Aurora didn't know anything about it. I wonder if they are after him because Cora isn't keeping up with her end of the deal. :shock:

Can't wait to see what happens.
    15845932053_27f57f3980.jpg

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Screenshot-123-1.jpg
    Cora breathed deep, the crisp Autumn air. She couldn't believe she was going to her last class of the semester-of her life! She took in the sights around her. The charming college town she had called home for the past four years seemed particularly lovely today. The colors of the falling leaves particularly sharp, the sun especially bright. The air was clean and refreshing, and she filled her lungs with it rhythmically as she steadily jogged to her lecture. She felt confidant while she ran, like she was untouchable. The only one able to catch her was Mugsy, and he always paced her stride for stride. And that Ashley Ainsley from SimState at the meet last month, but like always she had pulled ahead. Approaching her building, Cora slowed and walked the remaining distance. Settling into her seat, she took out her notebook, ready for whatever last minute advice the professor could give.

Screenshot-120-1.jpg
    At home, Cora settled for comfort while she crammed one last marathon study session in. Lounging in her PJ's, she only got up from her chair to eat, get coffee, or use the bathroom. She was having Mugsy come over later to quiz her, as he had taken the same classes she was testing on the previous year. Maybe he could give some insight she was overlooking.

Screenshot-117-1.jpg
    Sounds like a subdural hematoma to me...
    Oh, it does, does it? Well, it's not your job to diagnose.
    But I thought...
    You thought, you thought! Just go. Three years of nursery school and you think you know it all. Well, you're still wet behind the ears. It's not a subdural hematoma. It's *epidural*. Ha! THAT MAKES ME MAD! (name that movie for bonus points and the love of my heart!)

Daisy was also burning the midnight oil across the hall, studying late into the night and into the wee hours of the morning. Mahmoud felt confident in his studies and hit the hay early, claiming a good night's sleep made all the difference. Which was why he was in business, and Daisy was in medicine. Sleep, was not in her vocabulary!

Screenshot-118-1.jpg
    Cora had a minor panic attack in the morning, and she fretfully wondered aloud if she had studied hard enough, put enough effort into her senior year. Should she have volunteered more with the school-children to add to her resume? Maybe she should have taken on the second fitness class at the senior center when her professor asked her if she was interested in teaching yoga as well as light-weight training?

Screenshot-119-1.jpg
    Mugsy took Cora's hands in his and soothed her "Cora, if I graduated, there's no way you can fail. If you remember, you were my study partner and I pulled a 3.8 GPA. With out extracurricular activities and community sevice, it put me above a 4.0. Stop with the stress. You've got this, doll. You've so got this! Now quit your worrying, go take those tests, and hurry your buns home so we can celebrate!" Cora felt her anxiety dissipate. Mugsy had sure developed beyond ********** in the past four years. Confidence restored, Cora gave Mugsy a kiss for luck and was out the door.
    Screenshot-122-1.jpg
    Pencils down class... this concludes our time together.
    At the end of the day, Cora felt exhausted, but hopeful. Better than hopeful, certainty flooded through her. She knew she had this in the bag. It was time to go home and celebrate!

Screenshot-125-1.jpg
    Gooo Gerbits!
    Daisy met her at the door and the pair did a celebratory dance.
    Screenshot-126.jpg
    "Done, Daisy, we're done!!" Cora jumped for joy, finally feeling freedom. "I'd say we should burn our books in the bonfire, but, I'm sure they'll be good reference material." Daisy said, straightening her glasses when her happy-dance was over. Cora rolled her eyes and said "Grab your philosophy of llamas book Daisy. We're going outside. I'll get the lucky juice cups. Let's cut loose!" Cora went to the kitchen to get the beverages, and Daisy decided she could part with a few of her 'fluff' class books. After all, she probably wasn't going to need to reference The Noble History of Socks any time soon.

Screenshot-127-1.jpg
    Cora's first time seeing snow didn't go so well. That poor sweet coward...

The night went by in a blur, the girls friends came over for a raging bonfire party. Word had spread and many books were burned that night in a sort of cathartic expression of stress relief. The next morning, the girls woke up a little fuzzy headed, but no worse for wear.

Screenshot-134.jpg
    "Don't worry Cora, I won't make you call me Dr. Ferguson. It's a privilege after all. You should feel glad to call me that!" Cora laughed and shot back "Don't worry, DOCTOR Ferguson, just because I CAN tell you how to tone up that midsection four ways to Friday, doesn't mean I will. Everyone should be so lucky to have a Fitness Trainer as a friend, who will work with them for a greatly discounted fee!" Daisy laughed "Hey Cora, my fitness program for the next few years is called 'clinicals' and 'residency'. I'm going to be working my tail off. Mahmoud is the cook, so he'll be taking care of my nutritional needs."

Screenshot-133.jpg
    "I just hope we get around to having kids before we get too old. Like our moms' were. Which.. I guess is irrelevant, even though their age in number is significant, their bodies don't reflect it. Polaris was thrilled with my work done on immortal Polaris members, comparing and contrasting their body systems with similarly physical aged people and people the same age as when they stopped aging. Remarkable really, some areas-" Cora cut her off "YOU know how old my mom is?" Daisy smiled slyly "I was going to save the reveal for your graduation present.. BUT, if you need to know..." Cora raised her hands in the air in protest "Nope! I won't make you ruin the surprise! But tell me, are the northern lights named after my mom... or is my mom named after them?" The girls shared a hearty laugh together before checking the mail for their final grades.

Screenshot-128.jpg
    Cora, ever the pessimist.
    Screenshot-129.jpg
    Looks like good news!!
    Screenshot-130.jpg
    THAT looks live VERY good news!
    Cora held the paper that confirmed her hard work from the past 4 years. A perfect 4.0 GPA, enclosed letters of recommendation from faculty and Polaris members. She headed to her closet to look at her cap and gown, hanging neatly in a hanger. She fingered the "Highest honors" tassel and smiled. She had worked hard, and now would reap the reward. She would be welcomed into Polaris with open arms. It seemed her partner would as well, as Mugsy was taking baby steps towards understanding immortality and responsibilities associated with the society.

Screenshot-131.jpg
    awwwwwe, she looks so pretty!
    Similarly, Daisy was receiving the same information, that she was graduating top of her class in the medical field. She blinked as she read "Doctor Daisy Ferguson" on the transcript. She was sure her mother would be proud of her. She didn't look forward to studying under her mother at the hospital when she did her genetics jog, and she was sure her fellow Residents would assume she got special treatment for being the daughter of such a prominent doctor, but Daisy knew how hard she had worked to get to this moment. She looked at her stack of graduation invitations, addressed and stamped and decided that now she could run them down to the mailbox. She was finally graduating!

Next stop... graduation!!!
    Screenshot-140.jpg
    Babies.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    jazen wrote:
    A little worried about the society's interest in Mugsy, even more so since Aurora didn't know anything about it. I wonder if they are after him because Cora isn't keeping up with her end of the deal. :shock:

Can't wait to see what happens.

Quite an observation, Jazen... hmmmmm ;)
    Babies.jpg
  • Options
    VunecaVuneca Posts: 1,686 Member
    edited February 2014
    ooo the suspense!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Woot congrats to both girls on their GPA!!!! So for them to actually go home (I meant to ask earlier) did you only send them for one week at a time?

Now they've graduated...wonder how Polaris will step in? And what...I picked up on something possibly. Cool!

• Options
    edited February 2014
    I'm having a major problem getting the girls graduated... Either one of them graduates & gets their extra trait and the other doesn't, or the other way around.
    Or neither one of them graduates, and they get sent home before they can que through the line at the stadium. Trying again.... I just really want their diplomas!!
    Babies.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Large sigh of relief. Girls are GRADUATED!

Screenshot-154.jpg
    Celebrating a perfect GPA, Daisy and Mahmoud put her knowledge of anatomy to the test!
    Screenshot-155.jpg
    Ahh the old 'free physical/it's okay I'm a doctor' ploy...

Screenshot-157.jpg
    The morning of graduation, the gals sat down for one last breakfast together. Daisy complemented Cora's cooking skills. Cora asked if Daisy was ever going to learn how to cook rice or toast bread. Daisy gave her a deer-in-the-head-lights look. "Never learn how to do something you don't want to get stuck doing, Cora." Wise words!

Screenshot-158.jpg
    Cora left the house and walked to the stadium where graduation was being held. She took in the town, now covered in snow. Students and residents of the town were scrambling across icy roofs hanging lights and draping them over trees. How pretty everything would look soon. Cora shivered and walked faster.
    Screenshot-137.jpg
    Soon she was at the stadium. She unpacked her graduation robes from her backpack (classy) and changed into them. She qued up with her classmates, exchanging pleasantries with her friends and figuring out she was second in line with the last name of "Borealis".

Screenshot-135.jpg
    So grown up!

Daisy got into the line of Medical students.
    Screenshot-136.jpg

Annnd, I scoped some hotties waiting outside. How I missed them before.. I don't know. What can I say, I'm a fool for blondes.
    Screenshot-159.jpg
    Hello there, cutie!

Screenshot-160.jpg
    I don't know where you were hiding... but I'm pretty sure Cora's GPA would have suffered if I would have found you earlier!!!

Screenshot-139.jpg
    Daisy with diploma.

Screenshot-138.jpg
    Cora pleased with graduating.

Screenshot-162.jpg
    And just like that, it was time to go home. Back to the real world, how would the girls far with the daily grind of 9-5?

Screenshot-143.jpg
    Mahmoud waves goodbye for now

Screenshot-145.jpg
    Until their college home disappeared out of sight...
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Babies.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Screenshot-146.jpg

Aurora was surprisingly in bed when the girls got back home. As Daisy was working off an energy drink from taking the late shift of driving, Cora took the first turn sleeping in the bed. (Back home, it was magically summer. Whatever, game!)

Sometime in the middle of the night, Aurora felt her bed move. She rolled over, ready to strike, but was happy to see Cora nestled in the blankets. She patted her head and got out of the bed, where she found Daisy staring like a zombie at the television.

Screenshot-147.jpg
    "Hey kid. You look rough. Go bunk down. You've had a long drive." Aurora gently pushed Daisy towards the bedroom. "Sorry I've only got the one bed... it's all I need and I rarely keep this much company... Stop fussing now, and don't worry. Graduation dinner will wait until you're both rested. To bed! Now!"

Screenshot-163.jpg
    This should wake them up...

Aurora poked her head in the bedroom long after noon. She had to feed her snake and gave him some attention (So far, other than her parrot very early in this game, Bones the Snake has lasted the longest!) and she wanted to see if her girls were still breathing since she hadn't heard a peep from the bedroom. Seeing they were still snoozing away, she decided to make some breakfast-for-lunch, and see if the smells could coax their sleepy eyes open.

Screenshot-164.jpg
    Oh, right. I have to make more than one portion now...

When the bacon started frying, Aurora finally glimpsed some life. "Hey mum! Smells good out here, what's that, bacon? Whoo boy!" Cora exclaimed excitedly. "Darius was good, but nothing beats mom's home cooking!" Cora learned it was always a good idea to compliment someone who cooks a meal for you very good advice to live by... and they were more likely to cook for you again.

Screenshot-174.jpg
    Truth be told, I never cared for Darius's cooking.. and Daisy can't butter bread!"

Daisy poked her head out of the bedroom and stretched. "Mmmmooorrrning!" she said, giving a sleepy smile. "Mmmm... smells so good out here. I could have slept for days, had it not been for the heavenly scent of bacon."

Screenshot-165.jpg

After the girls were seated and eating, Aurora began explaining her latest masterpiece, where she "Had chainsawed wedding dresses I bought at the thrift store, then used bolts and rivets to fasten the pieces together. Lastly I took the dresses and I..." the girls shot eachother a sideways glance. Some things never change. Aurora would always be doing edgy chainsaw art, no matter how much it seemed she had become a more motherly figure.

Screenshot-167.jpg
    "All that creative genius mom. We all stand in awe and privilege to be in your presence. Truely." Daisy and Cora laughed. "Well! Thanks for lunch, I've gotta run. I start my rounds in the hospital tonight! First day, can't be late!" Daisy grabbed her blue intern scrubs and headed out the door.

Screenshot-169.jpg
    What a face!!!!

Screenshot-170.jpg
    "I'm going to have a hard time explaining you to Mugsy, mom. So, umm, since I've got you here, I was wondering, what made you suggest Mugsy to Polaris? It's quite an honor... but I'm surprised he made the cut, you know! I mean, Daisy and I worked our tails off, and we still aren't 'officially in', despite what you've assured us. Mugs is one glass of kool-aid away from being a card carrying member. I know I've told him I want to spend forever with him, but... now that it might actually happen, well, It's a little much to think about."

Screenshot-171.jpg
    "Cora.. I didn't know how to tell you. I didn't recommend Mugsy. Someone else did. I'm not sure who, yet. I wanted to do some digging before I told you, but since you're asking now, and we're giving this whole 'honesty' thing our best shot... Well, I want to come clean. Our section of Polaris; Parker, Rikki, and I, none of us know who put his name out. We're fairly senior members, with a fairly extensive knowledge of the goings on in the society. What that generally means is that someone above us pulled him in, which is a very small number of people. The fact that you didn't see him at any of the meetings that you and Daisy went to isn't in itself alarming, as there are different divisions of Polaris, divided up by specialty. What may be a cause for some... minor... concern, is that when Parker, Rikki, and I put the word out to inquire who selected him, we came up with nothing. Now.. this could mean one of two things... Cora?"
    Screenshot-172.jpg
    Cora was looking a little shell shocked. She stammered out "T-t-the only reason I was sort of okay with him being involved was because I figured it was you who called him in! I thought it was your way of saying we had your blessing! Now that I know it wasn't you... I wish I had known. I wouldn't have encouraged him to pursue it! They've been incalculably beneficial to him, but had I known.. I would have just gotten a part time job to pay for his loans instead of having the society forgive his debt. Mom, what do we do?"
    Screenshot-173.jpg
    Aurora was immensely relieved Cora's anger was aimed at Polaris and not at herself. "Well, dear, all is not a mess. Like you said yourself, he is living debt free, and they are grooming him for a high-power job. He's going to be networking like crazy in grad school, so don't feel too bad if he doesn't have a lot of time for you darling. The Polaris graduate program is intense, and I would imagine it's accelerated since he's getting into the game late. It's going to be difficult.. but you're a strong girl. You'll get through it." Aurora said supportively. She put the sinister idea out of her head and hoped, for her daughter's sake, for the best.
    Babies.jpg
  • Options
    DusklightFaerieDusklightFaerie Posts: 847 New Member
    edited February 2014
    Darn Cora for interrupting! I want to know what the two things are that Aurora was talking about. :x @ Cora
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited February 2014
    Pure awesomeness! Will Cora take matters into her own hands and uncover a conspiracy that goes all the way up to Simnation's Government? Suspense!
  • Options
    Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    edited February 2014
    Whoa I really missed a whole bunch of really great updates here. I knew the minute Cora first thought that Aurora recommended Mugsy it was not true. Cora should have asked her mother right at the beginning, it might have saved all of them a whole bunch of trouble. I am so wondering what Polaris wants with Mugsy? Can't wait to see what happens next.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    And the plot thickens...Aurora is a high ranking member and she can't get answers. That doesn't sound good at all.

• Options
    AngelzzzDaydream0AngelzzzDaydream0 Posts: 1,087 Member
    edited February 2014
    I think I missed a few too! I'm going back to make sure I'm all caught up! hehe I had a good laugh at the alien abduction. "Don't call me I'll call you" hehehe! :lol:
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Thanks everyone for your encouraging comments. I had a little bit of time on my hands while we had a cold front swing through and I was vehicle-less... what better way to spend mandatory time indoors than simming? I'm glad everyone's up to speed on the story. I feel like college kind of dragged on for the girls, but now they're on to bigger, more exciting things! Hopefully Mugsy is picking up on Polaris's ways while Cora is gone and has to navigate the waters alone.
    Babies.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Done with school, moved back home, the girls are beginning to feel Aurora's one bedroom home is a little cramped...

Screenshot-149.jpg

"You were right mom, Mrs. McDonnald was pretty tough. And that wandering eye, yikes! But I finally graduated, eccentric professors and all." Aurora was pleased to hear Cora's retelling of stories from college. Although she had hoped Cora would follow in her footsteps and pursue the arts, she was overwhelmingly proud of her daughter who dove into Physical Education headfirst. When she surfaced, she pulled down stellar grades, a resume full of community service and volunteer hours, and managed to snag a decent boyfriend as well. Aurora was glad Cora kept painting as a hobby.
    Screenshot-148.jpg
    Cora and Aurora chatted on the couch, Aurora going on and on about the sculpture she had been commissioned to do for the High School. Aurora stated "Things will be pretty hectic around here, I'll be working my usual odd hours, chainsaws roaring and blowtorch a'blazing... Might not exactly be the place for two young professionals trying to start their careers." Cora couldn't believe Aurora was going to make this easier than she imagined. "Yeah, well, I know Daisy is pretty focused and serious about her career mom... lots of long hours and grabbing sleep when she can." Aurora nodded "It's not that I want to kick you out honey... I'm trying to let you grow. I know you can't stay home forever. This.. might be a good time for you to get established on your own. But, now I've gotta start getting your special dinner ready. We'll discuss everything tonight with Daisy. Could you help me in the garden with the herbs and tomatoes?"

Screenshot-175.jpg
    Hallo, Handyman Bob? Yep! The toilet again! I guess I'll have to learn to be more careful...

The day passed and Cora was happy to work alongside her mother, who in a very short amount of time had become, well, a mother. Although she had caught Aurora and the handyman giggling over a t-shirt Aurora had 'accidentally' flushed down the toilet and had to be retrieved, Aurora was surprisingly supportive of her daughter and becoming less self-absorbed and was considering others before herself.. for once! While the ladies pulled weeds in the garden and bumped shoulders in the kitchen while preparing the meal, Aurora relished the closeness that had grown between her and Cora. She felt sweet sadness, knowing she had raised such a competent and responsible woman who was headed out into the world.

Screenshot-176.jpg
    mmmm, pie!
    While the Key Lime pie baked in the oven, Cora excused herself to the backyard where she spend her childhood and teen years searching the stars.
    Screenshot-179.jpg
    When she had learned of Polaris, she spent her hours scanning the sky, searching for answers, and realizing that things in life come along that are bigger than yourself. It gave her perspective, and a handy Astronomy scholarship for school. She dialed in the coordinates for the celestial objects she had discovered, and remembered being the first sim to ever see them. Before she knew it, Daisy was returning from her first day of interning, and Aurora was hollering that dinner was ready.

Screenshot-178.jpg

Screenshot-180.jpg
    Daisy was never one to be late to dinner...
    Screenshot-182.jpg
    "Really guys, you didn't even wait for me?" Cora jabbed, causing Aurora to choke on a noodle.
    Screenshot-183.jpg
    The ladies ate quietly, savoring the sauce that had simmered most of the afternoon. By the time they were ready for dessert, they were nearly stuffed but managed to take down a healthy helping of key lime pie apiece. Aurora brought out the after dinner coffees, and sat the girls down. "Cora, Daisy, I, along with Parker are so astonishingly proud of your achievements. You really took college seriously, and we want to reward your hard work. We have been in talks with a realtor, who may happen to be Mahmoud's father, and we've worked out a deal on a house for you ladies. Parker and I have put down a substantial down payment on the place and it comes fairly furnished. You will be in charge of bills from now on, but it should be manageable."

The girls sat, astonished. A house! Of their own! A moment passed before Cora leapt up and hugged Aurora fiercely.
    Screenshot-184.jpg

"Mom! That's really too much, a house!" Daisy was talking a mile a minute as well "Thank you Aurora! I hope Mahmoud's father was fair in your dealings..."

The ladies spent the evening playing games in the livingroom before settling in for their last night all together as a crowded trio.

Screenshot-151.jpg
    "Mom, I'm still in shock, my own house! Well, our own house. I promise I'll call and visit and take care of it. When things start to break, what's the name of your handyman.. oh never mind. He must not be very good, he's here all the time!" Cora said with a wink.
    Screenshot-150.jpg
    "You'll be just fine Cora. School prepared you for this new life, and I'm sure you'll do very well. I will be pretty busy myself, so don't feel like you have to use all your free time on me. I know where you live, if I need to get ahold of you, I sure will."

Screenshot-153.jpg

Screenshot-152.jpg
    Daisy had loaded the last of her belongings into her car and was ready to make the drive across town to their new place. Cora gave her mom a last hug before getting in her car and heading across the city to her new home...

Screenshot-190.jpg
    Babies.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Screenshot-186.jpg
    Cora woke up in a bed she didn't recognize and had a moment of panic before she remembered where she was. The alarm that was buzzing had an unfamiliar tone, and while everything came into focus she recalled last night. Right! She had moved to a new house with Daisy, and she was starting her new job today! She bounded out of bed, taking in her surroundings and smiled. Mom sure had decent taste. The house was very modern, but still comfortable. She looked forward to throwing many a great party in her new digs.

Screenshot-188.jpg
    How cute are her work clothes!!!
    After breakfast, Cora hurried to her car, and to her future. She was excited to meet her boss and her coworkers. She wasn't feeling exactly like a real adult yet, but she was sure it would come.
    Screenshot-203.jpg
    Celebrating their new start, the girls ordered pizza for dinner.
    Screenshot-204.jpg
    Half red sauce, pepperoni and green peppers, half white sauce, chicken and bacon.
    After dinner, they called their boyfriends to tall about their new home and their new jobs.
    Screenshot-195.jpg
    Daisy talked about the politics of the hospital, favoritism between the interns, and difficult cases.
    Screenshot-199.jpg
    Cora told Mugsy how surprised she was to be spending so much time in a lab at work right off the bat.
    Screenshot-198.jpg
    Daisy refused to let Mahmoud buy her a ruby engagement ring, she didn't care that they were all the rage right now, she favored something timeless.
    Screenshot-202.jpg
    Mugsy told Cora about his lonely walks through their favorite parks.
    Screenshot-201.jpg
    And how he may have set something, accidentally, on fire. What does someone with a communications degree do, again?
    Screenshot-196.jpg
    Screenshot-200.jpg
    The girls decided together that the upcoming weekend, still 4 days away, would be an opportune time for the boys to come and visit, and throw a housewarming party.
    Screenshot-192.jpg
    ...and maybe test out the hot tub!! ;)
    Babies.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Screenshot-205.jpg

Cora was happy with Daisy as a room mate. She remembered when Aurora had nearly commanded her to be friends with her, and she was very happy the friendship had worked out. She had heard some real horror stories of roommates in college! :shock:

Screenshot-206.jpg
    Filled with energy in the mornings, Cora usually woke early to prepare breakfast.

Screenshot-207.jpg

Over breakfast, Cora asked if Daisy minded if she did some decorating around the house. Daisy was only too happy to get some of the bland rooms spruced up!

Screenshot-193.jpg
    Cora set to work, fixing things around the house and bringing in paintings, rugs, and better light fixtures.
    Screenshot-189.jpg
    Daisy was happy to read on the sofa or in the study. She was keeping on top of her job and received a significant raise. ( She went from making $50 and hour to $232 an hour! Thank you game glitch? She's currently making over $300 an hour!!) Gotta keep the nose to the grindstone!

On a night Daisy was working late, Cora ran her daily jog over to Aurora's house.
    Screenshot-208.jpg
    They spent some time catching up, chatting about the new house and job.
    Screenshot-209.jpg
    Aurora suggested, as politely as she could, that Cora smelled, and should go home and shower.
    Screenshot-211.jpg
    Cora was unfazed as ever, and took her smelly self home.

...What has Aurora been up to? Oh, not much. Just organizing protests...
    Screenshot-212.jpg

And riding around town on a new... 'vehicle'
    Screenshot-177.jpg
    Doesn't surprise me at all..
    Babies.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    The girls settled into their new home, finding a rhythm of waking up, going to work, and coming home to enjoy being in their own abode. They had begun spending a lot of time in the basement.

Screenshot-216.jpg
    Working out in the gym (which Cora loves!)

Screenshot-215.jpg
    Who knew Daisy was a closet fisherwoman?

Screenshot-218.jpg
    Mixing drinks at the bar...

Screenshot-214.jpg
    And then singing karaoke!

Screenshot-239.jpg
    Cora has also been enjoying hanging out in the new sauna attached to her room! (Literally, who wouldn't?) It may be time for Cora to get a new swimsuit.

Screenshot-217.jpg
    Mahmoud had recently moved home and Daisy invited him to spend the weekend with her, as long as they could be discreet. Cora invited Mugsy to spend the weekend, but he was very busy between classes and meetings with Polaris, he wasn't able to take the time off. She felt a little slighted, but knew she had her own priorities as well and decided to run off her sadness.
    Screenshot-227.jpg
    Then focused her energy towards intellectual pursuits.
    Screenshot-230.jpg

Meanwhile, Daisy and Mahmoud were making up for their time spent apart
    Screenshot-226.jpg

Screenshot-228.jpg
    "Mahmoud, your holey underwear sre criminal. PLEASE get some new ones!"
    also, a retired Aurora chainsaw above the chair, just making a guest appearance!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/recycled_sheets/Aurora Borealis/CoronaB/onourown/Screenshot-229.jpg
    Mahmoud made breakfast, which they enjoyed. Mahmoud brought up "I've called your mother Daisy, but we still haven't formally met. We've got a dinner 'date' scheduled, if you would like to add it to your calendar. I've taken Cora's advice and scheduled a reservation at the bistro across the street from the art museum. I'm looking forward to meeting Parker, she's quite an individual. She's really made an impact on the community here."

Daisy then gave Mahmoud an ink blot test.
    Screenshot-231.jpg

Screenshot-232.jpg
    Perhaps, to plant some subtle ideas in his head.

Screenshot-223.jpg
    Mahmoud looked around the home, pleased that his father had found such a wonderful structure for the girls to live in. Although the exterior looked very modern, the inside was cozy and there were nice touches of nature inside, with soothing textures and lots of green. side note, I'm really struggling with the green kitchen. It seems I take a lot of photos in the kitchen/living area and while the room works, it feels very, very green. Says the lady who has a purple kitchen IRL. There was space for a garden outside, but with the girls so busy with work, who had time to root around in weeds?

Screenshot-221.jpg
    The trio had dinner, and and Mahmoud asked Cora what her opinion of the new house was.
    "Well, it's got a lot more space than mom's house. I like the basement hangout area, the bar and dance floor would be a great place to throw a party. I'm in love with the gym area. Daisy will tell you I spend all my free time down there. I like the fact that the house relies on geothermal heating and cooling, and there are so many fire places to get a boost of heat where you need it (There are 5 fireplaces in the home). I've had to become a little more handy, fixing things here and there. I enjoy the large deck space, we spend a lot of time out there in the sun. The study is nice, it's a very cozy space. The bedrooms are great, but I think my favorite area of the home is my sauna. Daisy and I arm-wrestled for the bedroom with the attached spa suite, and I'm glad I've kept up on my weight-training all these years!"

After chilling in the hot tub, Daisy cornered Mahmoud in the bathroom, asking him if he planned to take her off the market any time soon.
    Screenshot-219.jpg
    Sometimes, it's best to be direct

Screenshot-220.jpg
    Mahmoud suggested that if Daisy was so eager, she could just marry her horse. Not the answer she was looking for. But, if she was free the next night, he'd like to have a quiet dinner at home with her. Daisy's heart leapt and she hoped she could politely ask Cora to skee-daddle for a few hours.
    Screenshot-225.jpg
    Babies.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    FULL MOON UPDATE

A little comedic interlude...

Screenshot-259.jpg
    Apparently, Cora is irresistible, even to the undead.
    Screenshot-260.jpg
    Cooooooorrrrraaaaaa!

Screenshot-265.jpg
    The creeper spying on Daisy from outside.

Screenshot-262.jpg
    And poor Mahmoud, who seems to have an abduction-magnet hidden on him somewhere. Don't go towards the light!!!

Screenshot-263.jpg
    Too late.. oh dear. So, when he walked outside to investigate the anomaly in the sky, he spun the wish to Woo-Hoo with an alien. I clicked it, to see if maybe it happened while he was abducted. It didn't.(Yes, I know I'm breaking the rules of the challenge, but it's all in the name of progressing my story since I don't play with mods. Daisy is also a playable room mate, as if that's a surprise at this point in time.)

Screenshot-264.jpg
    Poor Mahmoud. Perhaps he was looking for a probing he didn't get, or perhaps the second date with the alien just didn't go well. Either way, he wasn't happy with the encounter.

Screenshot-269.jpg
    Daisy decided to get out of her car while still about half way home from work, take an experimental treatment. The result was setting herself alight. She ran the entire way home (with me holding my breath, I thought I was going to lose her!) before dousing herself in the shower. Thankfully, she's not too worse for wear.

Screenshot-272.jpg
    We had another burgler, who was thankfully stopped at the front door by the electronic security system (a necessity, since Cora has inherited her mother's 'faint when there's action' constitution.)

Screenshot-266.jpg
    Mahmoud helped the ladies with some yard work, now that leaves were falling (I forgot to add trees to the lot, almost as bad as forgetting to add lighting, and have since remedied this!)

Screenshot-268.jpg
    Apparently, with an ulterior motive!

...resume story!
    Babies.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    fun all caught up! Love the new house. Sad that Mugsy is too busy now...wonder what's up with that. Hope nothing bad.

And rules are meant to be bent a little. :wink: I think as long as the bases of the challenge remain true you are all good. I've bent them a bit in both gens. Sometimes it's needed.

• Options
    Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    edited February 2014
    I love their new apartment, it seems like they are having a lot of fun. I do have to say I absolutely love the shot where Cora is moving out and Aurora is hugging her because you can see Cora's child portrait on the wall which was painted perfectly.

I'm still very worried about Mugsy, something is not kosher with that. Poor Mahmoud. if he thought the probing was bad, just wait until his water breaks.

About the cheating, I wouldn't worry. I think we are all guilty of that every once in a while, its usually during transition times anyways. As long as we are not filling the house with a large family, I'm sure we are fine.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I think that's just what happens in general, at first we're all gung-ho about following the rules exactly. Be we starting a diet, exercise regime, cleaning schedule... whatever, at first we're fired up about doing it right. Then time passes and you get a little lax. I don't plan on having Daisy & Mahmoud as playable characters in my game forever, so I'm not sweating over it. I've got a feeling Vuneca's pretty chill-ax about her rules, as they have changed over time. I don't think she's going to blacklist me from the challenge and force you all (who I appreciate so much!!) to stop reading me. Then again, maybe a weird wild will blow and she will.

That said, I appreciate and love you all, I'm glad you enjoy the story. I kind of write in spurts, I'll get a chunk of down time and try to cram in gameplay and writing, then go a while until I get to do either. My schedule is kind of strange, but throw some insomnia in there, and you usually get a few updates a week.

Thank you all for your feedback and comments, it makes writing more fun when you know you have a readership who enjoys your work! Thank you all so very much from the bottom of my Holly-heart!
    Babies.jpg