Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ITD Download Trouble. PLEASE HELP.

Can somebody help me please?!?! This has never happened before when I have downloaded other EPs on origin?

BXSKpXsCAAAKFcS.png:large

Comments

• Options
    DocusatDocusat Posts: 2,305 Member
    edited October 2013
    Copied this from crinrict's help blog. Hope it helps.

Cause

Seems people that have the base game installed through the DVD get this message when trying to install the download version of one of the expansion packs. Be aware that is not necessary. You can very well mix the DVD version with the Origin download version (you can’t mix the Steam version with the DVD version though)
    Solution

To be able to install the download version without reinstalling despite that message, do not click on the Download button in Origin, click on the “i” (information) button. This will open another window that also has a download button. Click on that to install.
  • Options
    hissa92hissa92 Posts: 26 New Member
    edited October 2013
    thanks Docusat cuz im having the same problem right now :(
  • Options
    HugDopeyHugDopey Posts: 109 Member
    edited October 2013
    Thank you so much!

I had the same problem :)

*edit spelling error*
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited October 2013
    Docusat wrote:
    Copied this from crinrict's help blog. Hope it helps.

Cause

Seems people that have the base game installed through the DVD get this message when trying to install the download version of one of the expansion packs. Be aware that is not necessary. You can very well mix the DVD version with the Origin download version (you can’t mix the Steam version with the DVD version though)
    Solution

To be able to install the download version without reinstalling despite that message, do not click on the Download button in Origin, click on the “i” (information) button. This will open another window that also has a download button. Click on that to install.

Yes, if you click on the "I" button you will be given another download link, one that works :)
    rnKEhBT.png