Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Oasis Landing World Doesn't Show In List

I installed Into the Future and started the game only to find Oasis Landing doesn't show up in my world list. I uninstalled and reinstalled but have the same problem.

The intro screen is for Into the Future and I have a collections folder for the EP, too. There are also new lots in my bins but no Oasis Landing.

I checked the (x86) programs file and there is an Oasis Landing.world file in a worlds folder under NonPackaged.

How can I make the world itself show up? I did update my OS to Windows 8.1 the other day but don't see how it could be an OS problem since I do have EP items in the build/buy catalogue and the correct intro screen.

Comments

• Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited October 2013
    No, It does not, you cannot start a new game in Oasis Landing. It is a travel destination, just like China, France and Egypt are. You have to start in one of the available home worlds, get the portal (that's automatic and, inspect it, then you get a quest and can go to Oasis Landing.

The difference is that once there, you can stay as long as you like but, you still have whatever home world for the present too.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited October 2013
    Thank you for the quick response! I didn't realize we couldn't directly start in Oasis Landing, although I probably should have. Me thinks another cup of coffee today is in order :D
  • Options
    CarrigonCarrigon Posts: 81 Member
    edited October 2013
    It showed in my list with the current version of Awesome installed, which was interesting, but of course wouldn't start that way. Without Awesome, it no longer shows in the list. I'm just wondering if it will show again when Awesome is updated even though you can't start a game with it.