Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't Chat With Toddler

Ever since I installed the patch I haven't been able to do the chat interaction with my toddlers after teaching them to talk. Has anyone else had this happen? How do I fix it?
Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn

Comments

• Options
    morgzlovesyoumorgzlovesyou Posts: 19
    edited October 2013
    I've had this same problem! But I don't know if you can fix it or not :cry:
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited October 2013
    I don't have a fix, but I'm having the same problem. (I'm patched, too)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    alane56alane56 Posts: 87 New Member
    edited October 2013
    I was just coming on to ask others about this very thing when I noticed the heading of your thread. Did the patch and last night I noticed my parents weren't able to chat with the toddler. I didn't think too much of it at the time, but noticed again today when the other toddler learned to talk...the "chat" option isn't there, yet the parents are getting the want for it.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited October 2013
    hi all,

just want to confirm everyone has tried cleaning out cache files and for those who use mods its very important to pull out all mods out

if yes also try resetting all with resetsim*

and lastly if the problem continues considering reviewing how to fix problems after patching here http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/719214.page
  • Options
    alane56alane56 Posts: 87 New Member
    edited October 2013
    ceejay402 wrote:
    hi all,

just want to confirm everyone has tried cleaning out cache files and for those who use mods its very important to pull out all mods out

if yes also try resetting all with resetsim*

and lastly if the problem continues considering reviewing how to fix problems after patching here http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/719214.page

Thank you for this ceejay402. I'm not very "techie" but will give it a try as soon as I have time in the next couple days.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited October 2013
    Glad to hear its not just me. Like the rest of you it didn't really bother me at first but when the parents kept getting wishes to chat with the toddler, it got a little annoying. I don't use mods or CC so its not a problem with that.
  • Options
    RobinFlysHighRobinFlysHigh Posts: 7 New Member
    edited November 2013
    I too am having this problem... I didn't notice it at first because none of the families I was playing had toddlers. Also last night the paparazzi entered my house uninvited. Not my lot, but my actual house. Then a ghost followed me home from the graveyard. ^.^. I'm not sure but I don't think these are all just coincidences. Ehem. *Points to EA*.
  • Options
    leeannejjleeannejj Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    hi there I am having the same problem as you all I can not chat with my toddlers but yet my adult Sims are asking to chat with them dose any one know how to fix it as it dose get really annoying after a bit

thanks xx
  • Options
    CaviLoverCaviLover Posts: 3
    edited March 2014
    I havent played the game in years so I didnt even remember you were supposed to be able to till I started getting the want for it. strange....
  • Options
    thatonegirl171thatonegirl171 Posts: 27
    edited March 2014
    My sims get the same wish to chat with toddler but the option isn't there. I didn't know that it was an option before. Glad to know it's not just me, I thought my sims were just trying to confuse me :P
  • Options
    annarussell2annarussell2 Posts: 4
    edited March 2014
    I'm having the same problem, and now I have generations it is becoming a more frequent wish that I can't complete :cry:
  • Options
    fozzybear98fozzybear98 Posts: 110 Member
    edited March 2014
    Same problem. I just noticed it, since I don't normally have toddlers. Is there a fix?
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited March 2014
    Ever since I installed the patch I haven't been able to do the chat interaction with my toddlers after teaching them to talk. Has anyone else had this happen? How do I fix it?
    I currently have that same problem too, and would like for Maxis to put another patch that would correct that problem. I think that it was something that they didn't know was going to happen. :D
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited March 2014
    Same problem. I just noticed it, since I don't normally have toddlers. Is there a fix?

The NRaas Overwatch mod has a fix. Works in my game.
  • Options
    Sia_LaSia_La Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm having this problem as well, I don't have any mods that I know of. I even tried talking to the toddler through the Wugglesworth Bear and got nothing. .-.
  • Options
    maxthekingtheboymaxthekingtheboy Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I HAVE A SOLUTION!

If you are patched to the 1.67 game version, download the NRaas Overwatch mod. It will not conflict with any of your other mods. Here is the link: https://nraas.wikispaces.com/Overwatch+Phase+Eleven :)

If you don't know how to download mods or don't have a mod folder, visit this link: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files#Setup_Folders_.26_Files

Hope this helps!

MaxTheKingTheBoy :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited June 2014
    As far as I understand the chat with toddler interaction was a victim of a recent patch. NRaas Overwatch adds it back.

I haven't had any issues with Overwatch.
  • Options
    klownangelklownangel Posts: 2
    edited July 2014
    well glad were all having the same problem here then :( my sims wish to chat with there toddler airana all the time but cannot because the social isn't freaking there its so irritating add me on sims :) I need simmer friends lol !!!
    klownangel@gmail.com
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited July 2014
    Anyone ever figure out a way to fix this with out a mod? I know it probably won't get fixed since sims 4 is coming out in a month but I was just curious.