Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Featured Look...What?

So, I noticed a few days ago that Tatertot was uploading items. Then, just now I found this:

http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductListing.html?scategoryId=14284

Featured Look Sets.

What is this? How does it work? Is it just another way to bundle items? How come no one mentioned this was happening?

I literally stumbled upon it.
14941955179_f9373f55cd_o.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited October 2013
    I think what they've done is to take some previously-released sets and bundle them together along with some individual store items. That way, when people use the Complete Your Set feature, they'll pick up the individual items that they didn't otherwise buy. So even though I owned the sets, I get the additional items for a low price. That's what I think, anyway.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    gmgargmgar Posts: 2,064 Member
    edited October 2013
    IDK I saw them last week when they came out but I am not sure.

The recolors are in her studio. I was hoping they were blue prints but they are
    Not blue prints

Sorry cell making g me spell wrong. :roll:
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited October 2013
    Blythelyre wrote:
    So, I noticed a few days ago that Tatertot was uploading items. Then, just now I found this:

http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductListing.html?scategoryId=14284

Featured Look Sets.

What is this? How does it work? Is it just another way to bundle items? How come no one mentioned this was happening?

I literally stumbled upon it.

It is pretty new, and I think they are just cool decorating ideas. The bundles are CYS, however they do not seem to offer very good CYS discounts at normal pricing. If you are interested in buying them, two of the sets might be coming up on the daily deal fairly soon, since they are repeating the deals, so unless they get skipped they will be offered at a good discount.
  • Options
    MurglemurgleMurglemurgle Posts: 245 Member
    edited October 2013
    Hello Blythelyre,

This showed up in the news of the sims main page some days ago (the 10th of october actually):

Are you looking for a little inspiration for your Sims' homes? Head over to our Featured Looks and see how we chose to design our rooms. These are handpicked and arranged by the Store team, representing some of our favorite looks! We’ve gathered some of our store’s favorites to put together a few signature looks.

You can buy the entire look in one set. If you already own some of the pieces in the Featured Look, don’t worry – just use the Complete Your Set feature to grab the rest at a discount! Want to show us your designs? Head over to the forums and share yours with us!

After reading the last paragraph I immediately went to the store forum hoping to find some thread about this new feature.. it seemed like a nice way to show our designs of just one room, instead of a whole house or something and create new sets.