Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Granting Reprieve?

Keep in mind, I'm still trying out mods. And I kind of...started doing this thing where, when a female Sim is or becomes a Young Adult, I sometimes have her have several children by different fathers.

It's not to cause drama (though that's happened several times), but to ensure a particular Sim's lineage continues on after they die. (I think of them as donors)

I figured, one Sim was really old (and indeed, he's an Elder when the game starts), and he wouldn't live to see the birth of his child.

So imagine my surprise when I see this:

142ylp1.png

Apparently, this is called a "Pregnant Save". Basically, he was about to die of Old Age, and he still has an unborn child in town (he has at least one other one, as well), so he's going to live to see it get born.

First I thought, 'well, that was nice of Grim!' Second thing I thought, 'I'm guessing I still have a lot to learn when it comes to mods, don't I?'
AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
MQ2gUyY.jpg
Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)

Comments

• Options
    MommylandMommyland Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited October 2013
    Wow that's interesting. I haven't seen that before. What Mod are you playing with?
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited October 2013
    I hope the Mods are NRAAS ones because those are the safest ones to use and I should know because I use quite a few.I also use a few things from Custom Sims like rabbit hole replacers to build schools or city halls for my custom worlds.I don't use any other third party CC or Mods unless I know the developer is reputable like NRAAS.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited October 2013
    I get that one all the time because my oldies seem to like to get married again as soon as their spouses die.
  • Options
    hannmacyhannmacy Posts: 558 Member
    edited October 2013
    I don't think it's a mod thing. I think EA just added it in. Did you know if your sim is unlucky or a loser and dies, the Grim Reaper will let him live because his unluckiness is too funny to end so suddenly? :lol:
    tumblr_nfjixx1N6E1qd5lw2o1_r1_500.gif