Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAW PROJECTS :WORLD TESTERS FOR GIBSONS (WINFIELD WORKING)OAK LEAF UPLOADING

TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
edited March 8 in Nominated Threads
I have Riverdale in beta testing in my game and it was my very first ever attempt at using CAW to make my own world.Riverdale was made with the Sunset Valley map in CAW to practice using the tool and I just tried installing it in my game and it's been working well so far.I have a few pictures of Riverdale to show from my studio.
Here's a link to another thread for CAW
I also put a link to my studio for downloading some lot needed for the worlds:
TadOlson Studio
TADOLSON'S BUILD TUTORIALS
link to download WINFIELD
The Populated version of WINFIELD PACK
Download for: GIBSONS
DOWNLOAD LINK FOR: OAK-LEAF MEDIAFIRE: OAK LEAF PACKThis one comes with a few lots to install seperately and add to the game.
LOTS FOR DOWNLOAD
LOTPACK
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2013
    I have Winfield back in CAW to rework the roads because a few didn't connect properly and the world needed to be fixed before I can beta test it in my game.It's the first world I made from a blank terrain map starting from scratch and it already looked very promising even with the glitched roads.I do have a few pictures of Winfield to show.
    I will want some other testers to download Winfield and test it out.I have the download link here: small.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited October 2013
    Look good, especially if it's your first attempt :lol: Got further than I have ever managed. I struggle with the technicalities. Hope to see some cool worlds form you in the future :D ~YellowJane~
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    YellowJane you can work with Riverview or Sunset Valley terrain maps in CAW to make your first project instead of trying to start from scratch with a blank terrain like I did with Winfield.I kept the terrain simple in Winfield because I wanted to get another project done quickly.I also wouldn't worry about building on lots or prepopulating the world if it's meant to be shared.I won't likely have lots in Winfield when I start a new game in that world,but lots can be placed with the in game world editing mode.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I've made some progress in placing spawners in the reworked version of Winfield and hope to make more as I get the rest of the spawners in.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I've been busy working with terrain paints in Caw to get Winfield ready for more game testing once I've finished fixing it.I do have a few more pictures taken during some earlier game testing and want to show them.These pictures are of different areas of Winfield taken during the game testing.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    These are the only pictures I've got right now.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Update for Winfield development.
    I hope to have Winfield ready to do proper game testing soon since I'm almost done with reworking the world and will check it carefully for road issues before I export it into my game.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I have an update on Riverdale testing to report and a few new pictures.
    Riverdale has played well into winter and they've had snow start up.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I've got Winfield finished in CAW and will have to install it through my launcher as a download to test it out in my game very soon.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I will install Winfield when I go vanilla for the new patch and start testing Winfield out,but the bad new is that Riverdale's testing will soon have to be put on hold while I'm patching the game.I already know that Riverdale has been working far better than Sunset Valley with it's population left in.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I will do a basic dry run test of Winfield later and report on the results.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I've done some testing on the reworked Winfield and it looks very promising with routing and other things. I did notice one mistake got repeated where no lots were placed at all in CAW and had to be added to the game save in world editing mode.I do have some updated pictures to show now.
    Here's Civic Plaza.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Here's 18 Fern Road before I added the "house" to the lot.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Garden House where the locals can hang out or crash for the night in wet weather.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Here's Winfield's local public library located on the river island.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Here's the bridge out to the river island.That is the banks of the Mississippi River where an earthquake of Mag.9 shook the New Madrid Fault Line in 1813 and reversed the flow of the river and caused the island to be formed.
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Oct 24 2013 Update On Testing

I have a few more updated pictures from my test game in Winfield which is still playing well.
    This is the Shopping Plaza.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    This is the Winfield Festival Grounds.(custom built festival lot I built myself)
    screenshot_original.jpg
    The Sim household I moved in to test the town out can get to the island and visit the library,but they have to use their bikes to go there.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I've also started a new project called Oak Leaf and am currently working on sculpting terrain and painting it.I don't intend to populate it except in game.This will be a small rural farming town for players with older slower computers of those playing vanilla who don't like using Mods.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I tried installing Winfield into another game data file after patching and stating a new game and the world was still working and my saves from an earlier install work an the new game file.I could've installed it before patching and kept it in because it's my work.I've got another picture of Winfield from today's game.
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I'm back form more testing in Winfield with updated overhead shots taken in game.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I do have two more pictures from today's test game to post and the town is working very well and looks likely to continue to work well and I can still start up new games in Winfield as I did after installing the patch to see if my game would work with the patch.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    OAK LEAF UPDATE

I went into CAW and worked on routing paint in Oak Leaf to mark areas non-routable that should be marked that way and I'll be working more on the roads next time.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    BIG UPDATE

I just installed Island Paradise and have been testing it to be sure it's working properly and it is so far.I will also begin some world projects that will be very friendly towards IP,but not require you to have it to use these worlds.I will also do more work on Oak Leaf for players with slower computers.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    UPDATE:WINFIELD
    Testing is going very well in Winfield and it's almost time to determine when I should be able to put Winfield up for others to download.It's working for me even with Island Paradise though I installed it before IP was installed.

UPDATE:OAK LEAF
    Oak Leaf is almost past road construction and will be ready for other things to be added into the world.I will test it after exporting it from CAW to make sure it works instead of asking others to test it.
  • Options
    fatbat21fatbat21 Posts: 1,527 Member
    edited November 2013
    where are the trees?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    fatbat21 I did put some trees in,but this is a midwestern plains world located in Missouri near the Mississippi River and there aren't that many trees in prairie regions though there are some and I can show some updated pictures of Winfield from my current game with the trees showing up.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    BIG NEWS
    Winfield testing is in the final stage and the world is ready to be available for download soon.That could happen anytime in the next day or two.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Winfield is already uploaded for advanced testing and Riverdale will need some troubleshooting and possible fixing.I'll be working on getting Oak Leaf ready for early beta testing on my computer and will release it after verifying it as a working world.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I've finished the roads in Oak Leaf and will move onto the next stage with world objects very soon.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I've started placing street lighting on the roads in Oak Leaf and intend to get other road objects done before moving on to world effects and spawners.
    I will have to test this one out after getting everything else in even if I forgot lots.
    Post edited by Unknown User on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top