The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

OK I Admit I Was Wrong: Midnight Hollow is NOT Too Dark

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited October 2013
    I find that very interesting the eyes/vision part of this thread. I have very very poor eye sight like -7/-8 range and when I am on the computer I tend to try to wear my prescription behind glasses, if I am not wearing my up to date contacts (which lately I am not I only do when I leave the house and I am currently a bit on the recluse side).

Back when I use to work for a bank the 2 main bank systems where black screen with white/green text, then I'd have to go to a bright white document for typing out documentation. My eyesight got worse having a full time job in front of a computer then going home to game for 6+ hours in the first year but funny enough if I would occasionally wear my prescription behind glasses at work and my eye sight for years did not get worse 2 years of that same job conditions and still years after that.

I must admit sometimes my eyes are do have days where MH seems almost straining but not enough for me to stop playing but I wonder cause it is less strain since I am not staring at white and maybe I should wear my up to date contacts. I think for poor eyesight sometimes fully clear and less clear balancing can help not progressively make eye sight/strain worse in some cases.

Long story short I think it is the fact we are going from bright white forums, word docs and emails to a darker view screen that it is our eyes are adjusting and that may be a factor. I find if my eyes are straining to much I quickly realize I am wearing my prescription behind glasses hence more eye strain on a darker screen and when I have my up to date contacts the white or bright screen strains my eyes. I am not saying that is everyone case but food for thought. :)
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited October 2013
    Carpio wrote:
    Your eyes are not my eyes. Not everyone sees the same. I'm older, and I don't see well in the dark anymore. I have poor depth perception in dim light, so I never drive at night (yes I wear glasses, but they still don't help much in the dark).

Nevertheless, why should I miss out on a Sim world simply because it looks dark to me, when a simple lighting mod has now made it possible for me to fully enjoy the town and finally see all its beauty? I didn't buy Midnight Hollow just because of the toy maker machine. MH has tons of fantastic build/buy objects and stylish houses, community lots, and rabbit holes that I can also save and use in any other world, not to mention new clothing and hairs that I love. MH is stuffed full of good things!

Really, what difference does it make what people choose to spend their money on if it makes them happy? There are many players who completely revamp worlds like Sunset Valley and Hidden Springs, taking out buildings and lots and rearranging the town completely, including annihilating the residents and repopulating with their own CAS Sims, completely contrary to the backstory that was in place.

Should these players not do this? Because it changes how the Sims Team made the world? Should people not spend their money on these worlds if they know they are only going to rearrange things? On the contrary, these players are happy and enjoy those towns much better than before. They have made those worlds their "own" so to speak. Many go through whole towns doing makeovers to every single Sim, changing hairs, clothing, traits, even facial structure in CAS, to suit their own styles. How is this any different from me adding a lighting mod to a town I would not otherwise enjoy---but now I can?

I'm in total agreement Pam. I have attempted to play the game as it was because it really is pretty. But it was just to hard to see so I would tire of it quickly. I have created a town in Dragon Valley where I have moved all the houses and rabbit holes I wanted to there they fit well with that town also.
    As far as buying the game for the ability to have a toy store and make toys: First I didn't buy the toy maker and up to this point have no interest in making toys. I think that those people who are upset because we are not playing the game only as they would should stop and think that hey! it's really great that the game is so versatile that its possible for all of us to get enjoyment from it. Isn't that what we all play the Sims games for? Let's just encourage each other to have fun with this and show everyone that it is a great game.
    This isn't jump all over me day again is it? I can see perfectly its brighter in my game then I expected it to be. The only time I lose time perception is when it snows. The ground is brighter during the winter.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641