Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Censor bars?

Um, just wondering and hoping for a fix for the censor grid that went way outta line since IP. Maybe hoping for EA to fix it. I noticed it first about 2 months ago, because it was a lot bigger and darker than it was before...

Rv6sILvl.jpg?1

Alas, it's really getting in the way of the wonderful University "pose nude" interactions. I know there is a mod for it, but I didn't mind the censor before covering up just parts of the sim, it was pretty funny to be honest...

lqvZ7gll.jpg?1

Now I cannot see anything. Many times it covers the WHOLE face. :evil: :thumbdown:

wtntFDMl.jpg?1

As you can see the censor previously was small and covered only a small portion, making it still fun, but having that "mystery" still there. I guess I really, really like it the old way, which covers up some, but not all the person and makes it quite ugly.

Just wondering, is this just a special "treat" for those that bought IP or did it happen to all after patching? I really do hope EA will fix this in a patch, though it's probably on their low list of priorities...and if they fix it, how many other things will they break?

Comments

• Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited October 2013
    Yeah that has gotten much bigger. Eventually, it will cover the entire screen and look like this. :lol:

2rqmxj6.jpg

Actually, I never paid attention as I don't have the issue. *whistles to self*
    But now I'm going to have to check that out next time I'm in game. :wink:
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited October 2013
    I don't have IP, but mine also got bigger and darker after an update, probably the one for IP.
  • Options
    becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited October 2013
    blunote00 wrote:
    Yeah that has gotten much bigger. Eventually, it will cover the entire screen and look like this. :lol:

You don't have that issue...what magic, pray tell, are you using? :mrgreen::wink:

I didn't get pictures of when my ladies were posing in the buff nor in the shower (it's not my thing), but you could see their belly button between the censor blurs. Now you're lucky if you can see their face and feet. :roll:

I just like how the middle one was still kind of naughty, but I was forced to look at him and all his "ken-dollness" but funny thing, it made it seem like there was a lot more there lol. :wink:
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited October 2013
    blunote00 wrote:

You don't have that issue...what magic, pray tell, are you using? :mrgreen::wink:

I didn't get pictures of when my ladies were posing in the buff nor in the shower (it's not my thing), but you could see their belly button between the censor blurs. Now you're lucky if you can see their face and feet. :roll:

I just like how the middle one was still kind of naughty, but I was forced to look at him and all his "ken-dollness" but funny thing, it made it seem like there was a lot more there lol. :wink:
    Well I removed "the magic" in my game and yeah it's much bigger and darker compared the few images I have. However, I noticed that it will resize (smaller/larger) depending on the angle. But whatever is behind those blocks depends on exactly what kind of "magic" you have in your game. :oops: :P

Just took this in game.
    10s6gic.jpg

Speaking of the shower, this is an image of Spooke in the shower back in 2009 with only the base game. :wink:
    [img]http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww46/blunote00/Sims3_SVSB2/Screenshot-60.jpg "width=640" "height=480"[/img]
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    iDiruiDiru Posts: 2,061 New Member
    edited October 2013
    blunote00 wrote:

2rqmxj6.jpg

I laughed for like ten minutes.

I haven't checked the censor bar thing yet. No one has gotten naked i-...wait, someone did pee but I didn't really pay much attention. Kind of a shame since people do end up 'naked' in my stories. Appropriately, of course.

• Options
    philkewleyphilkewley Posts: 552 Member
    edited October 2013
    it irritates me too much so I give all my simmies the never nude trait and decent swimwear. But there's nothing I can do for the horses! That's just a joke. Dogs can **** (my bad, used a naughty word!) their leg anywhere and everywhere but a horse in a field gets censored :(
  • Options
    Stablehand6Stablehand6 Posts: 288 Member
    edited October 2013
    I totally get you on this one. I noticed this myself in the game a little while back, though I wasn't sure exactly when it started or what made it happen. Island Paradise or its patch, huh? It seems like it's been around longer that that to me, but I could be wrong...

I tried googling the problem back when I first noticed it, but I didn't find any results other than for a bunch of "no censor mods" (which I don't want), so I thought it was just my computer or something... I don't want to remove the blur; I just want to get the old, smaller, less intrusive one back! I hate the way the blur looks now; it was fine before!

EA, please fix this!
  • Options
    Rinoa666AngelRinoa666Angel Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited October 2013
    Yes it got so big that I now have to use nrass mods to get rid of it.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited October 2013
    I use Twallan's "special" mod and so I don't have that problem. I mean, seriously EA?? There is nothing there to cover up. :roll:
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.