Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When did EA say there won't be forcing on needs

I've seen in a couple of threads that EA won't be forcing on need in the sims 4. When did they say that?

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited September 2013
    They said that about TS3, before it was released. :lol:
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited September 2013
    I hope this isn't true...
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited September 2013
    Like pretty much all the other things we've been told in little detail, this has been like Chinese whispers.

They said there was less focus put on needs, not that you won't have to deal with them or anything. Just that satisfying needs isn't the main focus of the game like in previous games. A Guru has confirmed that need bars are still in the game.

Also, the needs are probably susceptible to change at the moment if we don't like them. Like Rflong said, they said the same about TS3. In fact, TS3 only haad icons when it was first announced, like the icons we saw on the leaked UI picture. They were also fulfilled by just clicking a button in a pop up. They changed it to the classic format we're used to because of a huge negative reaction from fans.
  • Options
    NeonivekNeonivek Posts: 1,373 Member
    edited September 2013
    I hope it isn't true.

Mostly because as a game gets easier things become less worthwhile. Often what makes a reward all the more satisfying is the time and effort you put into them.

When raising a sim upright is easy it just becomes a chore.

Which more and more is what they are making The Sims 4 sound like. Like they don't want any shred of difficulty in the game or consequences except the ones you force yourself.

While I know there are a lot of people who play the Sims and they could care less if the Sims had needs or aging... I am the one who sort of tries to take my sims in every direction they can explore.