Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dear EA I only got 4000 of my 5000 simpoints - why?

I used two cash cards and checked the appropriate box for the 5000 simpoints plus the voodoo bonus bundle. Checked the box for paying with the EA cash account and ONLY got 4000 points! Why? What is the reason for my not being able to buy the bundle only the points for the cash cards? I got the voodoo bonus items - at least it said I did but not the 5000 points only 4000. Am I missing something?
Screenshot-5.jpg

Comments

• Options
    jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    edited September 2013
    Please don't let this fall to nowhere. I would really like an answer. Pretty please? :wink:
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited September 2013
    It's the weekend...:

They aren't going to respond instantly after you make a thread.... :?

Please read the guide at the top regarding simpoints with EA cards.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    AznSensei, thanks but I already know how to use the cash cards to redeem for sim points. Used it just as explained in the post you pointed me to. Still only got 4000 points not 5000.

Yes, you are right - it's the weekend so I will post again on Monday :wink:

There's also a new wrinkle as I got the Voodoo bundle for free as advertised - but - they also charged me 500 points for another helping of the Voodoo bundle (huh?). In my purchase history it shows one bundle for free and another for 500 points. There's obviously a humongous glitch somewhere. :twisted:
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • Options
    MoonriseKingdomMoonriseKingdom Posts: 480 Member
    edited September 2013
    Aww, I would like to help you but I don't know what to do.
    If I were you I would call EA Help Support
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Just wanted to say I got it resolved! The people at live chat were very helpful and got me my 500 points back. Definitely go to live chat for help. Be careful how you use those cards to buy bundles! Happy simming!
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited September 2013
    Did you only get the 500 points back? This happened to someone else, and they were able to get the rest of the points as well.
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    edited September 2013
    Yes the exact thing happened to me. I got charged 500 sp for the voodoo items and because there was TAX it only gave me about 3900 simpoints. What I had to do was call and get a refund, then re-purchase my 5000 simpoint bundle from origin (because is doesn't charge tax there) then I had all my points and I still had my voodoo items in my purchase history. So if you didn't get all the simpoints I would call Origen and try to get a full refund and do it that way. Did you get charged tax?

• Options
    edited October 2013
    I took care of this on Monday and the phone call option was down :( So I just tried to go through live chat. They said they could only tell that I had ordered 4000 points. At least I got refunded the 500 they charged for the free Voodoo bundle.

No I'm moving on. I'm really happy with what I got and the guys were so nice. I learned how to capture a screen shot of my purchase history and attach it to a problem ticket! Hey I got skillz!
    Screenshot-5.jpg