Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dear EA and The Sims 4 Team

I have read many post on this forum and I feel you need to read some of them and give Sim fans what that want. Though some of us may be excited about aspects of the new game you are running behind on giving us some new info to get excited about. Maybe it is true for every Sim fan you lose another will take their place, but what about people like me who have spent hundreds of dollars buying SIMS 1, 2, 3... All the expansions and even many of the store items. All that adds up to money in your wallet, but what about ours? Have a heart and think about the hard core sims fans who has supported you since ts1 because they are the ones who has helped you make the game as popular as it is today. Word of mouth goes a long way and if you continue ignoring your fans you're not just hurting them, you're hurting yourself. You've mad money off of your Sims fans now spend money and make the game great. Get better animations, give us some new information and for once act like you care about the gamers who have played Sims for years. It would be nice if you cared that's all I'm saying...

Comments

• Options
    ElyssandarielElyssandariel Posts: 556 Member
    edited September 2013
    We definitely need more info about this game. No way should we be asked to pre order something on a "pre alpha" state with as little info as we've been given. Every other question is "no comment" or "we can't talk about that right now." or "We'll be talking about that soon but how about them emotions!"

I am sick of hearing about the darn emotions! I want to know about the animations, the world, the genetics, the life stages, see how the game play actually works not some staged BS to tell a story about emotions. I want to see in game shots, not concept art. I want to know what I'm pre ordering.
    tumblr_inline_mw78cm2WhN1qajk9h.gif
    Thicker Than Thieves: A sim legacy story

• Options
    AmandaR8AmandaR8 Posts: 22 New Member
    edited September 2013
    I agree I want to see some new pics and something cool to get excited about. I've played sims since the first one came out and I want to give them a chance to make ts4 great, but the silence is killing me. we ne on sims 4.
  • Options
    StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    edited September 2013
    I have a feeling they are going to lose a lot of long time players, like me, because they want to keep out weather, so they can make money on it later. That's just pure greed. I'm angry about it. I promise, if it's all sunny days again, I'm done. I hope I'm not the only one. We need to take a stand. We want OUR vision of TS4, not THEIR vision.... version? :lol: Oh well, either word will work. :oops:
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited September 2013
    Weather will never be in a base game as they know how big a seller the pack would be later . Just like pets .
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Well, they can kiss my money goodbye. Hopefully other players as well. They made us wait 3 years to get it in TS3. I'm not playing that waiting game again. I hope they read this. :P
  • Options
    NeonivekNeonivek Posts: 1,373 Member
    edited September 2013
    Dear topic creator

When making a game it is impossible to make people happy most of the time. You need to make compromises in the design in order to do it with the funding provided and time allowed.

Now you read this forum as much as anyone and YOU should know how irrational and unreasonable the requests can get. How much should they listen to them?

As well the developers have their own views and goals on how they should create this game. How much should they ignore themselves?

Yet here is the thing. They do care. They are just not your personal slaves with magical powers.

They are people who have limited time and resources in order to make a game and deliver it to their fans.

But let me be fair... Let me see what YOU are asking from them.
    you are running behind on giving us some new info to get excited about

The trick to release is you do not want to give too much information all at once.
    Maybe it is true for every Sim fan you lose another will take their place, but what about people like me who have spent hundreds of dollars buying SIMS 1, 2, 3...

Welll this is a bit of a jump. How is not releasing MORE info a month after official release doing that? It isn't affecting the game... Lets read on.
    Have a heart and think about the hard core sims fans who has supported you since ts1 because they are the ones who has helped you make the game as popular as it is today

They are breaking... the fans hearts by not releasing more info...
    Word of mouth goes a long way and if you continue ignoring your fans you're not just hurting them, you're hurting yourself

They are emotionally hurting you by not releasing more info...
    Get better animations, give us some new information and for once act like you care about the gamers who have played Sims for years

What animations are you talking about? What new information?
    It would be nice if you cared that's all I'm saying

Ohh so now they don't care...

Ok... This is the textual equivalent of a temper tantrum. Stop being vague and also step out of this bubble you live in where they have unlimited cash and time but "chose not to use it".

What is also funny is if what you say IS true and they aren't spending a lot of money on this game. Then they did the EXACTLY the right thing. You do not spend lots of money on a game people do not buy.
    (And frankly after The Sims 3... I think they know they cannot make huge sales with the Sims anymore)
  • Options
    MistyH3artMistyH3art Posts: 10
    edited September 2013
    From the info they gave us I'm already hooked... However the $80 price and 60$ price are making me shiver.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    MistyH3art wrote:
    From the info they gave us I'm already hooked... However the $80 price and 60$ price are making me shiver.

Well remember that one of those is for those rip off boxes EVERY videogame needs to have now adays.

I still remember the Digimon collector edition box I once got.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited September 2013
    I like the DVD boxes. :lol:

Even though Maxis is trying to get everyone to go digital by giving more bonus items with it, I'm still going for the DVD. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    MistyH3art wrote:

I'm going to be buying Watchdogs for $125. For one video game. Plus however much it's going to cost to buy a PS4 to play it on. Can't wait. It has weather!!!!!!! :lol: Guess EA doesn't want my money. I'm not going weatherless again!
  • Options
    JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited September 2013
    We definitely need more info about this game. No way should we be asked to pre order something on a "pre alpha" state with as little info as we've been given. Every other question is "no comment" or "we can't talk about that right now." or "We'll be talking about that soon but how about them emotions!"

I am sick of hearing about the darn emotions! I want to know about the animations, the world, the genetics, the life stages, see how the game play actually works not some staged BS to tell a story about emotions. I want to see in game shots, not concept art. I want to know what I'm pre ordering.

^This many times over. They seriously don't expect people to predorder on this info alone?
    We need more. And I'm tired of reading "new" interviews about stuff you've already heard about. They just need to stop doing interviews until they have accumulated enough new info to share.
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited September 2013
    MistyH3art wrote:

I'm going to be buying Watchdogs for $125. For one video game. Plus however much it's going to cost to buy a PS4 to play it on. Can't wait. It has weather!!!!!!! :lol: Guess EA doesn't want my money. I'm not going weatherless again!

I am also buying Watchdogs collectors edition. Natsume came out with a new game about owning a store (Harvest Moon like but instead of farm a store) that I am getting. Try GTA 5 last night (I am not good at these games so I am learning)..

The reason I am saying this is because from what I have heard (the little info that has been put out there) in Sims 4. It seems it is made more for companion apps. I already have 2 companion apps one virtual village and the other virtual family..both free and I just add a bit of money if I want to get more tech points or get more stuff. It's free, toony as all get up and go..but a game I can play for free totally if I want too and pause the time when I don't want to play. In other words so far EA I have virtual families already and Don't need a high costing one.

I have a few cartoony 3DS games I adore for different life stimulation games I play for hours (My fav Harvest Moon).

But with PC..I guess I am liking the more realistic games. I've changed. I did expect Sims 4 to step up in graphics (not realistic just a step up from Sims 3).With all the other games out there for PC they have WOWED me into the new tech games.

I do not like how many things have dropped out of Sims. I do not like that I would pay a hefy to price to start at just a base game. This isn't a collectors item and I can't get a poster, hat, or what not to see and hold like many other games for a collector's edition or even a special edition...So the price you set for your new Sims makes me raise my eyebrows and question more.

Even for a lady that will be turning 50 this year. The new age games have won me. I will learn to play them. I have my companion apps already and they suit me just fine. I have adorable cartoons on my DS that suit me just fine.

So to be fair to you. I come and look for information that will win me over to the Sims 4. Because I have loved this game from the beginning and old habits die hard. But it seems you ask for high dollars on a game that looks like a companion app. I didn't play Sims Social..because Sims Free play turned me off..when it gave me a quest to buy from the store for real money..Yes I tried it but that just ..

I continue to come and see if any info has been released. Because the truth is..I guess I don't want to dislike the newest Sims game. But this time it really has to WOW me. Like many new games do. I mean to be serious I don't even play some styles of games but the WOW factor has me trying to learn that. I guess that is what I want SIms 4 to do. And sadly so far it hasn't.

I've not meant to be rude in my posts. I am just shocked I guess that one of my favorite games has turned down a road that is old and not the new shiney road that most games are taking these days. It is hard to see my love for Sims fade since the announcement of Sims 4. So, I lash out in a very soft word of disagreement.

I hope you do change or some info you are keeping quiet will astound me. Because once again I have loved this series.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I try not to be rude in my post's, but I can't help it. Losing The Sims is like breaking up with someone I've been with for the last 13 years. :cry: Only because of weather.
    gamekitten, Lets get together when we get Watchdogs! :mrgreen: It would be fun to play it with a simmer... or talk about it if it's not online.
    I'm terrible at games like GTA! I can't aim or shoot for anything. :wink: My husband just laughs at me, then he does it for me. I spend all the money on clothes and then he runs out of bullets. :lol:
    At least I have TS3. I just got Movies stuff pack, I'm about to buy the new world and maybe the dance studio. I have a lot of installing to do. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I try not to be rude in my post's, but I can't help it. Losing The Sims is like breaking up with someone I've been with for the last 13 years. :cry: Only because of weather.
    gamekitten, Lets get together when we get Watchdogs! :mrgreen: It would be fun to play it with a simmer... or talk about it if it's not online.
    I'm terrible at games like GTA! I can't aim or shoot for anything. :wink: My husband just laughs at me, then he does it for me. I spend all the money on clothes and then he runs out of bullets. :lol:
    At least I have TS3. I just got Movies stuff pack, I'm about to buy the new world and maybe the dance studio. I have a lot of installing to do. :mrgreen:

Well my fiance beat the story in GTA 5. So his characters have tons of Cash. I play on one of his saves and this is how I am learning. I think I am getting driving down..XD!..But I just started last night. And I don't play many xbox games..I am a DS freak and the controls on xbox are backwards compared to DS. I do however play Tera and a bunch of PC games..

I haven't tried to shoot yet..X_X! My fiance snickers but tries not to let me see him doing it. Then if I catch him, he puts on those puppy dog eyes and tells me how cute I am messing up the game..X_X!!!!!

I wasn't refering to you as being rude, I meant some of my own posts. And I thought I would post why I am greatly greatly disappointed in Sims 4 and the heartache that Sims 3 maybe my last. And how sad it is to me to say goodbye to a best friend that kept me entertained for years.

I was going to buy the world..but Natsume (Harvest Moon) just went outside the box and made a new game called HomeTown..I love Natsume and they have never let me down since the very first Harvest Moon..so I decided to give their new life stimulation a shot and it's about owning a store.

=.= I hope EA has kept something truely WOWing about the Sims 4..Because the series and I have been friends for a very long time.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I hope EA has kept something truely WOWing about the Sims 4..Because the series and I have been friends for a very long time

I have asked people what could still wow them at this point... and other then the clearly impossible... they have nothing.

I am not going to bank on EA finding the one "super exciting feature".

I think the series just hit the point where it cannot "truly WOW" us because there is nothing they could add that could wow people... because this isn't a series about wowing.

We got a Wow in the Sims 2 because it was suddenly 3d... we got a Wow in The Sims 3 because it is open neighbourhood.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    What would wow me would be some info from the Devs. Talking to us, telling us about the features, showing us in game pictures, not 2D concept art. It's a base game, I know that. It's not going to have exciting vacations and Pets and Superstar stuff but I want to know about base game stuff like neighborhoods/worlds and animations and life stages and genetics and the UI and how everything looks in game with it cranked up and exactly how the specs are and how it'll run on my machine.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    What would wow me would be some info from the Devs. Talking to us, telling us about the features, showing us in game pictures, not 2D concept art.

Ok, I am sure that will happen eventually... Just not right now.

So I don't know why there are any complaints. Just go to any E3 and see how many games with absolutely nothing actually revealed about them and how long it takes you to find out anything... and compare it to The Sims 4.
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited September 2013
    Neonivek wrote:
    As well the developers have their own views and goals on how they should create this game. How much should they ignore themselves?
    ---

Yet here is the thing. They do care. They are just not your personal slaves with magical powers.

Neonivek, I could kiss you. You're right. As players, we have the right to ask for improvements in this game to help it become more enjoyable. But in the end, it's not our game to completely shape and mold according to our own highly subjective wishes, desires, dreams, whatever or to start dictating to the devs what they SHOULD be doing, as if they were "hired hands" or something, like a contractor or gardener, where we're telling them, "Okay, you give me a marble sink here and a terracotta floor there, and you MUST put a mirror here."

The devs are not hired hands or contractors "taking orders." They're creative people carrying out this game as Wil Wright intended, and as they see fit. I'm amazed how so few people don't understand this concept, that there's a difference between going, "Please add this interaction to the game" and "Please reshape this game entirely the way I want it, regardless of what the creative team feels, and at the exact pace that is acceptable to me. And if you don't give me what I want, I'm going to start berating you day in and day out and holding over your head that I'm a paying customer until you listen to me!"

Unfortunately, everything that you've said will fall on deaf ears because it's a lost cause trying to get people here to understand that. They really actually think that the devs and EA are there to do their bidding like a fast food worker is there to make a burger to their exact specifications. You know, "Welcome to McDonalds." "I want a Big Mac. Except I want it with chicken patties instead." "Uh, the Big Mac is a hamburger. You could order the chicken sandwich--" "NO, I WANT CHICKEN FOR MY BIG MAC!!!" "But--" "I'M A PAYING CUSTOMER, 🐸🐸🐸🐸! I'VE BEEN COMING HERE FOR YEARS!!! GIVE ME A BIG MAC OR ELSE I'LL FILE A COMPLAINT WITH YOUR SUPERVISOR!!!!"
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    So I don't know why there are any complaints.

There are complaints because they want us to preorder their game on the info that they have given us. Well for me, and for others, they haven't shown enough *real in game information* to let us know what we're preordering! I can make a sim, I get that! That's wonderful and I applaud the new CAS system, I really do. It's great and I can't wait to get my hands on it. But what about actually, you know, playing the game? Can I get a shot of the world, or of the UI, or a video of them actually playing instead of a little story about Andre and Ollie?

• Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,431 Member
    edited September 2013
    ts1depot wrote:
    Neonivek wrote:
    ---

Neonivek, I could kiss you. You're right. As players, we have the right to ask for improvements in this game to help it become more enjoyable. But in the end, it's not our game to completely shape and mold according to our own highly subjective wishes, desires, dreams, whatever or to start dictating to the devs what they SHOULD be doing, as if they were "hired hands" or something, like a contractor or gardener, where we're telling them, "Okay, you give me a marble sink here and a terracotta floor there, and you MUST put a mirror here."

The devs are not hired hands or contractors "taking orders." They're creative people carrying out this game as Wil Wright intended, and as they see fit. I'm amazed how so few people don't understand this concept, that there's a difference between going, "Please add this interaction to the game" and "Please reshape this game entirely the way I want it, regardless of what the creative team feels, and at the exact pace that is acceptable to me. And if you don't give me what I want, I'm going to start berating you day in and day out and holding over your head that I'm a paying customer until you listen to me!"

Unfortunately, everything that you've said will fall on deaf ears because it's a lost cause trying to get people here to understand that. They really actually think that the devs and EA are there to do their bidding like a fast food worker is there to make a burger to their exact specifications. You know, "Welcome to McDonalds." "I want a Big Mac. Except I want it with chicken patties instead." "Uh, the Big Mac is a hamburger. You could order the chicken sandwich--" "NO, I WANT CHICKEN FOR MY BIG MAC!!!" "But--" "I'M A PAYING CUSTOMER, 🐸🐸🐸🐸! I'VE BEEN COMING HERE FOR YEARS!!! GIVE ME A BIG MAC OR ELSE I'LL FILE A COMPLAINT WITH YOUR SUPERVISOR!!!!"
    You guys are both right! :thumbup: Seriously progamming isn't easy. They keep asking for so much and want it glitch free that if they do add what everyone what they're asking, it WILL have glitches. Besides I'm sure there'll be future patches to the game to add more interactions.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,431 Member
    edited September 2013
    ts1depot wrote:
    Neonivek wrote:
    ---

You guys are both right! :thumbup: Seriously progamming isn't easy. They keep asking for so much and want it glitch free that if they do add what everyone is asking, it WILL have glitches. Besides I'm sure there'll be future patches to the game to add more interactions.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    So I don't know why there are any complaints.

There are complaints because they want us to preorder their game on the info that they have given us.

Don't preorder it. Dear goodness... Just don't do it.

I hate the term "They aren't holding a gun to your head" but in this case it seems rather appropriate. Preorder it, if you want to preorder it. You really don't have to do EA this favor.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    That was a little rude and out of line. EA is selling a product and wants all the preorders it can get. I'm just wanting more information. I'm not asking for pets and weather and shiny ponies and Dumbledore and God knows what else. Info. That's not too much to ask for.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    That was a little rude and out of line. EA is selling a product and wants all the preorders it can get. I'm just wanting more information. I'm not asking for pets and weather and shiny ponies and Dumbledore and God knows what else. Info. That's not too much to ask for.

They put preorders up because they announced the game and leave it up to the consumers to say whether or not they want to.

You have a choice if you want to preorder or if you do not want to preorder.

As well it isn't that you want info, it is that you want all the info immediately.

A pre-order is not the same as buying the game (for example you can cancel preorders). When YOU preorder you are saying that you trust the game will be good and are asking them to reserve a copy for you in advance.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Neonivek wrote:
    I hope EA has kept something truely WOWing about the Sims 4..Because the series and I have been friends for a very long time

I have asked people what could still wow them at this point... and other then the clearly impossible... they have nothing.

I am not going to bank on EA finding the one "super exciting feature".

I think the series just hit the point where it cannot "truly WOW" us because there is nothing they could add that could wow people... because this isn't a series about wowing.

We got a Wow in the Sims 2 because it was suddenly 3d... we got a Wow in The Sims 3 because it is open neighbourhood.

There are all types of games out there..cartoony, companion apps, PC, Consoles that are WOWing people and they are buying it up.

I feel sorry for EA if they can't bring a WOWing factor to their pet project..

There is tech out there. There are things new today that you couldn't do 6 years ago. I could use examples but then it will be taken out of text of what I am typing.

If other companies can add the WOW factor in their games..I see no excuse why EA can't.

It is fine if there isn't..I will lose a longtime friend and I will move on.