Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I think I've been won over for MH...

I'll admit, I was skeptical when this was announced. As I'm not big on the gothic look. But after seeing everything we get with this, I think I'm sold...

The buildings look amazing! And the register AND the fact that you can make toys?

It just seems that this world might actually be worth every penny for the world this time around. Because it seemed, to me at least, that the cost of the world wasn't justified, based on what was offered.

But kudos EA :thumbup:
tumblr_inline_ml9leeQUvj1qz4rgp.jpg

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited September 2013
    The mailboxes look cool as well.
  • Options
    debrawolfsohndebrawolfsohn Posts: 408 New Member
    edited September 2013
    I'm going to get Midnight Hollow...but for the cash register/store ability.

Probably won't play the World for a while...as I like IP too much & my fav Sims are there now.

I want to see if I can build a Resort on one of my biggest Islands & place another lot where I can build a store & see what kind of 'resort type' items she can sell to guests.
  • Options
    Suzanne2009asimSuzanne2009asim Posts: 311 Member
    edited September 2013
    I see my sim living in Midnight Hollow ......Forever !! I have never seen a town more suited for me , I love it and just keeping myself busy until thursday .....glad it comes soon, this prefall house cleaning is killing me :shock:
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited September 2013
    The mailboxes look cool as well.
    I agree Cat :) Does it come with new trash cans also?
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited September 2013
    I'm not big on the gothic look.
    The buildings look amazing!

The buildings are Gothic Revival in style, so you must like Gothic at least a little bit.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited September 2013
    Halle_M wrote:
    I'm not big on the gothic look.
    The buildings look amazing!

The buildings are Gothic Revival in style, so you must like Gothic at least a little bit.

I think a lot of people get confused with the difference between the Gothic architectural style, and the 'Goth' style. I like the first.

Gothic revival architecture:

gothrpicton.jpg

Gothic%20Revival.jpg

gothic-revival-St-John-RC.jpg

gothic1.jpg

Aaaaand Goth:

shadowbride_jacket.jpg

Gothic-Clothing-04.jpg

(Wow at that second dress)

Coffincase.jpg

(One for Murfeel there)

Such-a-piece-of-furniture-will-match-a-modern-or-even-Gothic-interior.jpg

Gothic architecture is a traditional building style. Goth is closer to things associated with Halloween.
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited September 2013
    I think a lot of people get confused with the difference between the Gothic architectural style, and the 'Goth' style.

Yeah, lol. This building is just classic Gothic Revival style:

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BUnmd1NCEAAgk1Y.jpg:large "width=600"[/img]
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited September 2013
    Halle_M wrote:
    I think a lot of people get confused with the difference between the Gothic architectural style, and the 'Goth' style.

Yeah, lol. This building is just classic Gothic Revival style:

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BUnmd1NCEAAgk1Y.jpg:large "width=600"[/img]

I actually thought the height of those decorative roof pieces was exaggerated until I found those real life pictures above! :lol: And I studied Neo-gothic architecture as part of my degree! :oops:
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited September 2013
    Have you seen the steampunk clothing, too?:) Me and my friends all really liked the clothes and hairstyles you get :D
  • Options
    stenopelixstenopelix Posts: 385 Member
    edited September 2013
    I'll admit, I was skeptical when this was announced. As I'm not big on the gothic look. But after seeing everything we get with this, I think I'm sold...

The buildings look amazing! And the register AND the fact that you can make toys?

It just seems that this world might actually be worth every penny for the world this time around. Because it seemed, to me at least, that the cost of the world wasn't justified, based on what was offered.

But kudos EA :thumbup:

Love your siggy :D and this is also why I can´t wait to explore MH. There are so much DW-Episodes with Steampunk/ Gothic-influence....

The Crimson Horror
    The Snowmen
    A Christmas Carol
    The restless dead
    Teeth and Claws
    Girl in the fireplace (loved the clockwork men)

4 days left waiting...
  • Options
    CMWarrenCMWarren Posts: 1,092 Member
    edited September 2013
    You're not the only one. I didnt like the pictures of the world itself, to dark, and I like my trees to have leaves.

however, the breadth of buildmode and buy mode items that would look amazing recolored was the selling factor, especially since we get sooooooooooo much with this world. I doubt I will play the world, but the objects, plus the savvy seller content, and the titantic toy machine, it is well worth buying the gold edition of a world I wont play. sooooo much new gameplay!!!
  • Options
    breakyouxbreakyoux Posts: 465 New Member
    edited September 2013
    I was sold since day one. Everything about this world screams my name.
    If only the free simpoint videos would show up. I only need like 100 more to get the standard edition.
    I wasn't sold on the gold edition, all you get is a toy shop with everything that already comes with the standard.