Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So, no elixir shops....

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Was so looking forward to setting one up! So sad we can't even sell the ingredients for them! :cry:

Comments

• Options
    mcveighjessmcveighjess Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited September 2013
    That makes sense though. Since these registers are coded so differently from the normal ones. Oh well. A little sad that I can't set up my farmer's market and nectar shop. I am most excited for the toy machine. That's the kicker for me!
  • Options
    Sam_Is_GreatSam_Is_Great Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited September 2013
    Yeah, I get how its different. I guess I can still pretend, there's plenty of SN and store content that looks similar to elixirs. Just sad is all. :cry:
  • Options
    BeASimmerBeASimmer Posts: 318 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Elixir shops would be pointless for people who don't have Supernatural.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited September 2013
    Yeah, I'm disappointed that we can't set up our own galleries to sell stuff we create, but I still like the world and being able to set up shops. I wonder if we can use CAS on displayed items, so you could have different colored/patterned furniture or appliances (I love the Tri-Forge Stove but hate the default colors so I always use CAS to have one that's stainless steel colored).

The toy store looks amazing though, and I love the toy-making machines. I wonder if we can upgrade them for things like unbreakable or faster production time. And I think it's great they have items you can't get any other way -- I really want to see the baby play mat in action! I might actually move Liam O'Dourke from Hidden Springs to Midnight Hollow and give him a minor makeover (maybe replace that stupid Never Nude trait with Socially Awkward, or maybe Inappropriate so I can give him the Inappropriate in a Good Way LTR because I've never used that).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    AlizatinaAlizatina Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited September 2013
    I wouldn't count it out yet, they may still be working on more OFB premium content that will will you sell craftable/collectible items!
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
    “It’s very dangerous,” she said, “falling in love with someone’s flaws.”
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    @BeASimmer
    Yeah, but not for people with SN.

Elixir shops was what I was hoping I would be able to make, not for what I was hoping would be already in the world. I'm sure others are disappointed by the fact we can't sell any craftables or collectables.
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited September 2013
    Since we already have elixir shops that sell both ingredients and the final product, I can live with it.

As for selling sim-made paintings, I wonder if we can get around that by having the sim sell the easel along with the painting. In other words, set up an easel on the rug, paint the painting, then sell the easel (with the finished painting still on it) to a customer.

...it's better than nothing.

Anyway, I LOVE what I've seen so far! Excellent world and content, SimGurus! THANKS!
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited September 2013
    I'll just have to find a place to squeeze in a consignment shop -- since I have one that's combination consignment/elixir and it's only 20x20, should be easy. 8) I'll just redo the exterior and roof to match the world decor, though I'd love to redo it enough to use those awesome trim pieces.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    DaethaqtDaethaqt Posts: 760 Member
    edited September 2013
    Its actually possible,

The elixir shelves that came with Supernatural place them on the rugs with the Elixirs on them. Sims will buy the Shelves but you get the idea Also you can place both New register and Elixir Register.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited September 2013
    That makes sense though. Since these registers are coded so differently from the normal ones. Oh well. A little sad that I can't set up my farmer's market and nectar shop. I am most excited for the toy machine. That's the kicker for me!

But we can already sell produce, We already have a nectar shop, we can just add it to the rest. We have a cash register for those things. I have always sold nectar and veggies at with the farmers market stands.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited September 2013
    I was wanting to open an elixir shop too, it is sad to think that we can't right now. Maybe they could come up with a store patch that will allow us to sell more than the stuff from the buy catalog. :D
  • Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited September 2013
    I am just going to have both the elixir register and the savvy register in the same shop, I hope it doesn't conflict :)
  • Options
    tlc10175tlc10175 Posts: 2,550 Member
    edited September 2013
    Just don't understand why they showed potions on a shelf in the trailer. Well yeah, for decor I guess? I was looking forward to it too.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    tlc10175 wrote:
    Just don't understand why they showed potions on a shelf in the trailer. Well yeah, for decor I guess? I was looking forward to it too.

And it's not like we can't put real elixirs around the shop, it's not our alchemist's fault the customers ignore the real deal. :lol:
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited September 2013
    tlc10175 wrote:

And it's not like we can't put real elixirs around the shop, it's not our alchemist's fault the customers ignore the real deal. :lol:
    I had tried selling elixirs at the elixir shop in Moonlight Falls, and I actually did sell a few. But it was major disaster for the most part. The NPC's did go into that shop, but I never saw one actually walk up to the register and actually buy something. They go in there and do what ever, but not buy anything. They also would do this at the sell'n swap too. :lol:
  • Options
    MistabibblesMistabibbles Posts: 129 New Member
    edited September 2013
    sunman502 wrote:
    tlc10175 wrote:

I had tried selling elixirs at the elixir shop in Moonlight Falls, and I actually did sell a few. But it was major disaster for the most part. The NPC's did go into that shop, but I never saw one actually walk up to the register and actually buy something. They go in there and do what ever, but not buy anything. They also would do this at the sell'n swap too. :lol:

Maybe they can do a patch to at least fix that.
  • Options
    mcveighjessmcveighjess Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited September 2013
    sunman502 wrote:
    tlc10175 wrote:

Everything I consign gets sold. Never heard of this glitch...
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited September 2013

Was so looking forward to setting one up! So sad we can't even sell the ingredients for them! :cry:

Sam_Is_Great,

You do realize we already get elixir shops with Supernatural, and they're meant for the main hood, unlike some of the registers from World Adventures, so is it really that big of a deal?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited September 2013
    sunman502 wrote:
    tlc10175 wrote:

They don't go to the register. You should just get a report every day of items sold. I sell items all the time at both the elixir consignment store and the regular consignment store. Very rarely do I get anything unsold, especially when I usually take the Savvy Seller LTR.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Damienf519 wrote:

Sam_Is_Great,

You do realize we already get elixir shops with Supernatural, and they're meant for the main hood, unlike some of the registers from World Adventures, so is it really that big of a deal?

Well it's completely different from running our own shop so yes quite frankly, it is to me.
  • Options
    JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited September 2013
    The elixir shop with Supernatural works just fine for me. I usually sell more valuable elixirs there and they make a great profit, easy money :). It´s not the same thing as running your own shop...I know, but that has not stopped me from building elixir shops my style :). I even made one with tropical theme for Isla Paradiso. I pretend that they are like flea markets where I sell my elixirs via the register if that makes any sense. But don´t get me wrong OP, I feel your pain. I love elixirs and the whole Idea of elixir shops.
  • Options
    ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited September 2013
    I just hope there is enough empty lots to do things with. There's never enough empty lots.
  • Options
    abigail2244abigail2244 Posts: 486 New Member
    edited September 2013
    I was just thinking and I'm not sure if this is the reason or not so don't hold me to it, that we cant sell things that we make because they didn't set up the code for the profits to go into self employed jobs? Like if you sold a painting, the money you got wouldn't go into your job. Just a thought :)
  • Options
    abigail2244abigail2244 Posts: 486 New Member
    edited September 2013
    ferret9005 wrote:
    I just hope there is enough empty lots to do things with. There's never enough empty lots.
    This is the reason I don't usually buy store worlds. But I cant help myself on this one, MH is just too great. :twisted:
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited September 2013
    ferret9005 wrote:

Ferret9005,

I know, I feel the same way, however, I remember them saying that there will actually be a couple empty buildings for people who want to run their own shop, so that will be good. Also if they're empty, you don't have to make them shops. You could make them into late night bars. A vampire lounge would be great for Midnight Hollow, especially after you add some vampires. You might even be able to make the empty buildings into apartments, if they're big enough.