Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Having problem again with the update!

Ok i have already posted once about what my game says after i update, it still says
[there was a error during startup. please see the log for more details.} Well i had a reply that told me i would have to get someone who knew how to read code. well i can play just my sims 3 base game without the update but i cant install any of my stuffs or expansion pks. now when i went to remove the sims 3 base game in add\remove programs its saying this.....{You have one or more expansion pks for the sims 3 installed, uninstalling the sims 3 will cause the expansion pks to no longer funtion correctly. but thats just it i removed everything in add\remove programs all stuff and exp pks and the base game, so my question is does anyone know where these expansion files may be and how can i delete them and is this why i cant get the game to work with the update? It did the same thing with the 1.55 update after i removed it all from add\remove programs im so mad and tired of dealing with this can someone please help me? i really dont want to have to get my hard drive formatted just to get the game to work with the update and the stuffs and exps. im sorry this post was so long but i cant get any help from Ea about this problem. a great big ole thank you to all who can help me with this problem. have a simtastic day and happy simmin.

Comments

• Options
    bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
    edited September 2013
    You should never have to reformat your drive because of an error like this. There are probably entries in the registry that need to be removed. Try a registry cleaner like ccleaner from Piriform (google it - there is a free version). Use the registry cleaner and fix all errors found. Have you tried the cumulative manual super patch?
    I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.
  • Options
    migitpoo73migitpoo73 Posts: 218 Member
    edited September 2013
    where is the cumulative manual super patch? sorry i dont know what it is :( and ill try
    the registry cleaner so thanks so much for helping me :)