The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What does Steampunk have to do with Midnight Hollow?

I see a lot of people commenting they're going to use the steampunk stuff in MH. What does Steampunk have to do with MH? I'm curious that's all.

Comments

• Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited September 2013
    The clothing that a lot of the sims are wearing (such as the cute hairstyles with the goggles) are designed in steampunk style.

Thumbnail_300x300.png

a4281116-91-steampunk-girls-12.jpg?d=1316112761

The science building/observatory is CLASSIC steampunk.

World_ScreenshotWeb_MidnightHollow003.jpg

observatory_group.jpg

:D
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited September 2013
    Halle_M wrote:
    The clothing that a lot of the sims are wearing (such as the cute hairstyles with the goggles) are designed in steampunk style.

:D

This^

Steampunk and Goth can often mix very well. We have all of those awesome steampunk sets from the store but as somebody else said in another thread, those clothes and objects look out of place in most other worlds.

But since MH has a bit of a steampunk flavor to it, those sets will fit in perfectly. And can I just say that I love that hairstyle with the goggles? I've been searching for a CC hairstyle with that sort of look for ages but never found one I liked. Now I can finally have it. ;P
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited September 2013
    Just take a look at the trailer again and watch out for the awesome looking rabbithole that looks like it has a telescope coming out of the top! :D

edit: Halle_M stealth edited me! :lol:
    Halle_M wrote:

World_ScreenshotWeb_MidnightHollow003.jpg

That'd be the one! :D

edit again: it's so weird, I'm sure the gurus read my mind! :shock: I was in the Liverpool museum the other day admiring the scientific instruments, like the huge telescope, and then low and behold! :shock:
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,590 Member
    edited September 2013
    Interesting. Hmm I don't have any of the steampunk sets. Now I'm debating on whether or not to download them.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    edit again: it's so weird, I'm sure the gurus read my mind! :shock: I was in the Liverpool museum the other day admiring the scientific instruments, like the huge telescope, and then low and behold! :shock:

Don't you just LOVE what they've done? I swear they've mixed steampunk with English cottage with a sort of Russian vibe and placed it all in a Comic-Con in dystopian Scotland! I don't know which part to love more! :P It's so eclectic and unique!
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited September 2013
    Halle_M wrote:

Don't you just LOVE what they've done? I swear they've mixed steampunk with English cottage with a sort of Russian vibe and placed it all in a Comic-Con in dystopian Scotland! I don't know which part to love more! :P It's so eclectic and unique!

I couldn't have said it better. :thumbup:
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited September 2013
    Interesting. Hmm I don't have any of the steampunk sets. Now I'm debating on whether or not to download them.

Now that surprises me Cat. Steampunk is usually described as a style that combines the romance of the Victorian Era combined with technology and Sci-Fi speculation with fantastic machinery.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    edited September 2013
    I think it is another way for EA just to give us something that we wanted, but not exactly the way we want it. The clothes do no look like real steampunk clothing to me. I think they just threw this World together looks to much like ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ to me. A redo with a few additions.
  • Options
    RoseRidgeRoseRidge Posts: 1,321 Member
    edited September 2013
    candy8 wrote:
    I think it is another way for EA just to give us something that we wanted, but not exactly the way we want it. The clothes do no look like real steampunk clothing to me. I think they just threw this World together looks to much like ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ to me. A redo with a few additions.

Hi Candy,
    Look at the pictures posted by Halle-M and HollownessDevour on page 44:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/645/712615.page

Donโ€™t you think the clothes are a good match in those photos? :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    candy8 wrote:

Well, it sounds like you can pass on this one, then. Thanks for letting us know!
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited September 2013
    I see a lot of people commenting they're going to use the steampunk stuff in MH. What does Steampunk have to do with MH? I'm curious that's all.

Hello Cat :)
    I am a huge fan of Steampunk and I think simmers who have not yet tried adding Steampunk to their games should, as it adds a fabulous dimension to TS3 :) I highly recommend you try it Cat :thumbup:

Note. The freebies this weekend, the Haute Hip Sofa and the Haute Dresser are perfect for Steampunk or Gothic fans, they will recolour nicely, if you have not already got them, take a look :) Here is the link: http://www.thesims3.com/community/news

I have created this spooky Gothic and Steampunk style maze home in celebration of the wonderful upcoming new world, Midnight Hollow :)
    Here is the link to view images and download if you are interested :)
    Link: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/713524.page
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,590 Member
    edited September 2013

I am a huge fan of Steampunk and I think simmers who have not yet tried adding Steampunk to their games should, as it adds a fabulous dimension to TS3 :) I highly recommend you try it Cat :thumbup:

Note. The freebies this weekend, the Haute Hip Sofa and the Haute Dresser are perfect for Steampunk or Gothic fans, they will recolour nicely, if you have not already got them, take a look :) Here is the link: http://www.thesims3.com/community/news

I have created this spooky Gothic and Steampunk style maze home in celebration of the wonderful upcoming new world, Midnight Hollow :)

I just downloaded 3 of the 4 steampunk sets. I didn't dl the clothing one though just the furniture sets.
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited September 2013

I just downloaded 3 of the 4 steampunk sets. I didn't dl the clothing one though just the furniture sets.

That is wonderful :) I am sure you will just love Steampunk when you try it! :D
    I use very little store Steampunk clothes but instead use mostly attire from the Supernatural EP Be sure to use the 'unlockoutfits on' cheat :)
    Please look at my Steampunk creative thread here http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/713679.page to download some cc free lots and sims :)
    Happy simming! *huge hugs* Kate
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited September 2013
    I'm thinking some of the CAS items might look good with ITF, in particular the dystopian future. Worth a look anyway...