Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Problem editing lots.

I'm not exactly sure how to describe this problem, however it's quite frustrating.

It's happened twice so far. Once while editing a lot in Sunset Valley and a second time while editing Al Simhara. I enter a lot and suddenly most of the Build/Buy UI is gone, and the buttons do not work(CAST, eyedropper tool, grab tool, build mode, options, etc.) Everything else still functions(the music, for example), and I can move freely around the lot, however whenever I try to select something or press an area of terrain, interactions such as "set front of lot", "reset", delete", just appear. It seems as though I've entered some kind of debug mode, only there's no visible way out of it, so I restart.

I do have testingCheatsEnabled true activated, although I've never encountered this problem before, and I've been using the cheat since 2009. I do have some NRAAS mods installed(MasterController, DebugEnabler, etc.), but I'm hesitant to say they're connected since I've used them many times and never encountered this issue. I definitely don't press or activate anything before this glitch occurs, it just seemingly happens at random and it's very frustrating. I'm inclined to believe it's related to cheats or mods, but I'm unsure as to why it's specifically happening? Has anybody else experienced this, or am I doing something wrong? (all my mods are updated, by the way...). It appears like I've entered some type of editing mode.

Since it doesn't happen everytime I'm convinced I must being doing something?

Comments

• Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited September 2013
    hey doodlesam im not aware of this problem happening occasionally, interesting

the glitch im use to is because program files got corrupted by a patch - this started happening in bigger numbers three patches back

the fix is to reinstall base see the last section of this help thread for full details on how

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/711573.page