Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mermaids have little sense of self-preservation

We all know mermaids are pretty basic sims. I didnt think EA's laziness extended to thier needs. I have yet to see one shower on its own, and keep finding my mermaid family members passed out if I ignore one for too long. Just had a teenager randomly die of dehydration somehow, after leaving her to her own devices for a night.

On top of that, very few water objects actually affect them, outdoor showers do nothing, using hydrotherapy from the sauna did VERY little and then made the game crash, and annoyingly, when it rains mermaids autonomously "Get Inside!" when they should be enjoying it.

I hope the ITF patch will give them an updated scripting that makes them try to keep hydrated. I'd also like to see an update to cooked meals that use fish, and also let kelp be used in recipes (There is after all, a special "Discuss Kelp recipes" social) Kelp is nearly pointless, it seems to recover the same amount of hunger as any old vegetable or fruit, and doesnt give a moodlet either, unlike the simbots where eating scrap fills the bar to full and gives Nice Meal
Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.

Comments

• Options
    RamssesRamsses Posts: 115 Member
    edited September 2013
    I agree with you.
    It's annoying having to tell my mermaid to go swim all the time. I also had a teenager die from dehydration since she went to school, and even though she was almost dying of dehydration I couldn't cancel school for her so she ended up dying as soon as she got out of there...
    After that I just got annoyed with mermaids and wanted to turn her mother back into a normal sim so I kept her away from seawater for over a week sim time before she Finally went back to human.
  • Options
    DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    edited September 2013
    It mostly stems from the incomplete replacement of Hygiene, as they are ALWAYS squeaky clean, since it seems Hygiene and Hydration are both in effect. Plantsims combined hygiene and their water need into one, so when it was low, they automatically went to a shower, this is likely the reason the outdoor shower doesn't work on mermaids, it seemingly only looks at their hidden hygiene motive (they get in then get out right away)
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.