Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How canI retrieve my store purchases?

So i just installed the Sims 3 onto anew laptop after my old one with all my save games and store content died. Other than redownloading everything within the store (I can't actually remember everything I downloaded and don't want to spend ages searching through the whole store to find the things I already downloaded). Is there a quick way of doing this or will I have to search for everything I've already downloaded?

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hi Quagmire349,

If you roll your mouse over the Store tab, a menu will drop down. Go down to My Store Account, and another menu should appear next to it. You should be an option for your Purchase History. Everything you have purchased through the store will be under there.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    edited September 2013
    Theoretically, everything you purchased from the store should be in your Purchase History.

Look at the blue menu bar at the top of the screen.

Choose Store > My Store Account > Purchase History

Once you have downloaded and installed it all, check what might be missing by opening a new game, then click the circle with ... inside it at the bottom left of the screen. Then choose Download Dashboard.

This will take a while to load as it populates it with EVERY single item you ever purchased from the store. They should show as installed or not.

Unfortunately it is a bit glitched and sometimes some items will show as not installed when they are actually in stalled and you have been playing with them. One of those things for me is the Hidden Springs world. There are a few other items that show as not installed too so you need to check if something won't show as installed. Believe what you see in your game over what the dashboard tells you. But it is a good way to find things you didn't download from the Purchase History - which is also a bit glitched and sometimes doesn't have everything in it that you own.