Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

cant install sims 3 game please help

Ok my husband bought me The Sims 3 plus Seasons for Christmas last year and im trying to install the sims 3, so when i put the disk in it takes me to my origin account ok fine, but when i put my code to install it in this is what it says....."were sorry, this code cannot be redeemed here. Please redeem your code at the following site"...https://www.thesims3.com/registeragame.html.FAQ ok did that and this is what it said next....The serial code you entered is invalid. Please enter a valid serial code and re-submit. Well the game was new when he bought it and i registerd seasons so did it also resgister the sims 3 as well? I have another copy of the sims 3 registerd thats on my sims 3 home page but i wanted to use this on because its a newer disk, my ouestion is why cant i install this copy the sims 3? please help :( whay am i doing wrong?

Comments

• Options
    NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hi,
    I have another copy of the sims 3 registerd thats on my sims 3 home page but i wanted to use this on because its a newer disk

It is not possible to register two (or more) serial codes from the same product, even if the codes are different. In your case, it is not possible to have two base games registered to your existing Sims3.com user account.

If you wish to specifically install the new base game that you purchased, as opposed to simply installing with your older (2009 release) base game disc which does not require Origin, you will need to create a brand new and separate user account on the Sims3.com website. You would then enter the login credentials from that new account into Origin to register and install the base game.

Note that as of September 2012 the newer boxed version of the base game now requires Origin to play, meaning you will need to be logged into an actual Origin account to launch into the game.

It may interest you to know that the Origin download manager does support an offline mode. To enable this feature first log into Origin while connected to the internet, then click "Origin" on the top menu bar and then select the "Go Offline" option. When you next start Origin while disconnected from the internet, you will be able to log into it in offline mode.
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!