Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help

I uninstalled my sims 3 all my stuffs and exps, when i reinstalled just the sims 3, updated it to latest update 1.55, i went to play it to make sure it would and it kept on saying a error occured please see log for details? does anyone know why this is happening? it will play the game if i dont update it, but once i update it to 1.55 its says that. It was working good even with the 1.55 update before i uninstalled everything, but i wanted to uninstall everything and reinstall because it was starting to act crazy going to blue screen sometimes after i did the 1.55 update before i uninstalled it. Yes my computer is an older one with windows xp not windows 7 but i have always been able to play the game with all stuffs and eps i have? I went through add/remove programs to uninstall everything please help i miss my game :cry: thanks for all replys Happy Simmin

Comments

• Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited September 2013
    Did you look at the error log?

I have Windows XP too, and it works fine with the update, or at least as fine as the errors in the game itself will allow. Do you have any problems with any other programs? Considering that your computer is older, it could be that some of your hardware is failing. It might not be too bad yet, but the Sims is a very demanding game, so it would be the first to crash from hardware issues.

Do you keep Windows updated? Do you have the latest drivers for your hardware? Outdated drivers can cause issues too. Your error log should tell if it's a driver or hardware issue, though you may not be able to read it yourself. A computer tech can interpret the code. Do you know anyone who is knowledgeable enough to find the meaning of the code in the logs?

My son is an IT tech, so I know what he looks for, because he's worked on my computers plenty of times. But he does it for a living and can't afford to do it for free, not even for me, so I can't ask him to read the code for you. If you don't know anyone who can read it, maybe you can contact support through their help site.

Or maybe there's someone here who knows how to read it, who will volunteer to read it for you if you post it for them.
  • Options
    migitpoo73migitpoo73 Posts: 218 Member
    edited September 2013
    yes i keep windows updated, and the sims 3 is the only thing im having problems with, i guess ill have to call tec support and see if they can read the code in the log. thanks for the advice it really helped ;)