Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need help with pool bars

Okay so, there's this house ive been building on/off for a long time, mainly because I'll build an area then playtest it extensively for routing/aesthetics etc. With Island Paradise, theres now a pool bar which would be perfect for the pool, but as it is now, it wont work.

Screenshot-706_zpsac42aa91.jpg

Is there any way to get the pool bar there? I might have to make it into a U shape, but i'm worried that might not leave enough room for the 7 sims + any guests that can use the pool.

Screenshot-707_zps4c511650.jpg

This is the area underneath the pool if it matters
Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.

Comments

• Options
    LucyBorgiaLucyBorgia Posts: 753 Member
    edited August 2013
    I don't think you'll be able to get a pool bar in without taking out some of the stuff you've already got in & around the pool. I've found I need to put a bar in before mosaics or lights (easy fix) & that it can take a while to get the bar, waterfall, etc round edges of the pool. Because you've got the windows in the sides, they'll interfere with the bar placement, & as its quite big, it will get in the way off the stuff you have around the pool.

If you meant you want it opposite the waterfall, try taking out the bubble window & moving the chess board & chairs (& Sims!) & take out the mosaic & have a go.

It looks great! Though I couldn't see a ladder & then I worry about safety... ;-)
  • Options
    DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, I haven't finished the pool entirely, the diving boards only just made it in. The bar will go opposite the waterfall if I can get one in there, as just out of the screenshot is an outdoor kitchen and hot tub. My simbot would man the bar while everyone else has fun (Amusingly, as soon as I put the diving boards in, it rolled a wish to dive in. I obliged :wink: ) Ladders aren't too necessary in TS3, so they slipped my mind, thanks for that.

Once I finish the kitchen (Kitchens are the WORST thing to make, counters lag up like crazy!) I'll try adjusting the pool shape.

This is the first house ive ever built from scratch, so I'm quite proud of that pool and the libraryish ring room around it, nice to see someone else thinks its good

• Options
    edited August 2013
    So my attempt at keeping the curved shape of the pool ended in a glitchy disaster.
    Screenshot-712_zps3e8305f6.jpg

Since moveobjects failed me, I had to settle for this final design
    Screenshot-714_zpsb0e0203c.jpg

It does work quite well, but the hard angles clash with the rest of it. Now I just need poolside furniture and a fence/railing to go around the perimeter
    Screenshot-715_zps41a77f61.jpg

Screenshot-716_zpsa34b5ce2.jpg

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Oh, that's irritating! Can you move the barbeque & then move the pool bar back so only the stools are in the pool?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Technically I might be able to, but the lowered bit in the pool bar where the mixologist stands affects the floor underneath. The chess table is now in a cubby hole with a lowered ceiling. I had to texture part of the pool bar to match the walls in the lower room.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    I know, you have to get everything in the right order! I had to take the stairs out of the house I'm currently making to get the roof on, then change part of the roof to get the stairs back in...