Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Imaginary friend did not age up with child

I received Generations as a birthday present on Wednesday (along with some money to purchase Lucky Palms and Sunlit Tides with) and my Simself's son Mark has just received one. However, his imaginary friend Buddy has not aged up alongside him when he became a child. Is this meant to be normal in game?

Comments

• Options
    samj6samj6 Posts: 750 Member
    edited August 2013
    Yep, if you get him to keep playing with it you should eventually get a notification about it wanting to come out and play. Just drag it out of your kid's inventory and put it on the floor for it to work :D
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hi. I love playing with the IF and have aged up 2 in my current legacy play. Make sure your sim has a high enough relationship with the IF and the IF has to be out of your sim's inventory to age up.
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited August 2013
    Please note there are other ways of getting the IF doll if you have seasons. The doll seems to be in the random object list from the egg hunt, I am not sure if the egg glows like a purple and gold its either a gnome or a IF doll. Most eggs in spring are festival tickets, but not all. So are small objects that you could find fishing in the pound ocean kids teenagers and adults, fishing in the swimming pool as a kid can give you a kid can give you a higher chance at finding a IF doll or gnorm. Don't dispear if you get the doll at the wrong age, just hold on to it and the next baby/child should be able to use it. It provides good moodlet for children that play with the doll and good emergency social.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."