Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

About how the hair looks.

People seem to be forgetting a few things.

1 It's pre alpha and hair and many other graphical things are likely to be improved.
2 Most pc games that aren't shoddy ports from a console game have graphical options.

It's possible that the demo version of the sims was running at what would be lowest settings just to make sure it's as stable as possible.

Don't worry about the hair (I think it looks fine anyway as it goes with the style)
until it's much closer to release and further in development.

Comments

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited August 2013
    I just read a post where one simmer said that the hair not looking real enough was one the reasons why they aren't buying Sims 4. It's just a game, and it's developers have to draw a line between fable and realism. I don't have a problem with them not buying the game because it's their wish not buy it. I just wish that they wouldn't make such a big fuss over nothing. :D
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited August 2013
    sunman502 wrote:
    I just read a post where one simmer said that the hair not looking real enough was one the reasons why they aren't buying Sims 4. It's just a game, and it's developers have to draw a line between fable and realism. I don't have a problem with them not buying the game because it's their wish not buy it. I just wish that they wouldn't make such a big fuss over nothing. :D

I guarantee you, anyone who says the hair isn't good will cave in and buy it if it ends up getting great reviews and well liked by the community.

Mostly because, the people who are saying that are people who use CC anyway. EA is not a CC creator.
  • Options
    sterrasimsterrasim Posts: 154 New Member
    edited August 2013
    I literally just saw a post that someone doesn't like the hair. From what we all saw yesterday and the pics the lucky Simmers that are over at Gamescom are sharing I think what they're showing so far looks good considering its so early in production. So what the hair isnt perfect yet. We finally got to see the Sims 4! Can't everyone be happy about that? If not then keep it to yourself. I cant stand complaining
  • Options
    NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited August 2013
    The hair looks terrible. I think it looks even worse than sims 2 hair.

Im shocked we haven't even heard anything about them making it better. I dont understand how they aren't even be embarrassed to show it to us. What on earth...
  • Options
    RAE2786RAE2786 Posts: 683 New Member
    edited August 2013
    I think someone posted on another thread that the devs will look into the texture. So hopefully they will be improving it.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Sk8rblaze wrote:
    sunman502 wrote:

I guarantee you, anyone who says the hair isn't good will cave in and buy it if it ends up getting great reviews and well liked by the community.

Mostly because, the people who are saying that are people who use CC anyway. EA is not a CC creator.
    True on both, and EA tends to try to turn simmers away from using any CC's in the game. :D
  • Options
    fabregas22fabregas22 Posts: 369 Member
    edited August 2013
    NotSoLucky wrote:

Im shocked we haven't even heard anything about them making it better. I dont understand how they aren't even be embarrassed to show it to us. What on earth...

You seem very passionate about hair haha, why would they be embarrassed because the hair looks low detail and cartoony (fits with the style imo btw) the sims is more than just hair. They should be proud because they seem to have improved on the sims 3 greatly already
  • Options
    xPyrrhaxPyrrha Posts: 77 Member
    edited August 2013
    I hope and pray that the hair will be fixed. It's so stiff and just terrible. The Sims 2 Sims looked better than The Sims 4 Sims. If they aren't fixed I won't bother getting the game.
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited August 2013
    I like the eyes and skintones, but the eyelashes and hair need some work, particularly the hair. It's just too blocky and flat for my liking, and doesn't even move. What's up with that? We had animated hair in Sims 2 and that was 10 years ago. :roll: Just because they're going for a cartoony look, that doesn't mean the hair can look horrid.
  • Options
    NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited August 2013
    fabregas22 wrote:
    NotSoLucky wrote:

You seem very passionate about hair haha, why would they be embarrassed because the hair looks low detail and cartoony (fits with the style imo btw) the sims is more than just hair. They should be proud because they seem to have improved on the sims 3 greatly already

They should feel embarrassed to show us that for a company with so much money, & such a big team, they FAILED to even make Sims look better than their last generation (which is sims 3 now).

EA should feel ashamed to give us this poor detail. I was expecting to be blown away and I was blown away- by the terrible graphics!
  • Options
    Spklvr12Spklvr12 Posts: 252 Member
    edited August 2013
    Considering how few hairstyles there was in the Create a Sim pictures from the sim supply, I'm hoping they will add the texture later and this was just temporary, to have something to show. The game looks a lot less complete than I thought it would be.
  • Options
    RAE2786RAE2786 Posts: 683 New Member
    edited August 2013
    NotSoLucky wrote:
    fabregas22 wrote:
    NotSoLucky wrote:

They should feel embarrassed to show us that for a company with so much money, & such a big team, they FAILED to even make Sims look better than their last generation (which is sims 3 now).

EA should feel ashamed to give us this poor detail. I was expecting to be blown away and I was blown away- by the terrible graphics!

LOL I agree! :lol:
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Spklvr12 wrote:
    Considering how few hairstyles there was in the Create a Sim pictures from the sim supply, I'm hoping they will add the texture later and this was just temporary, to have something to show. The game looks a lot less complete than I thought it would be.
    There is a rumor floating around that said that they are looking into adding texture to the hair.
    The game is far from being completed, since it's do out next year. :D
  • Options
    XaielaoXaielao Posts: 99 Member
    edited August 2013
    I think everyone's problem isn't the graphics compared to Sims 3. It's the graphics compared to their completely modded out Sims 3, with high polygon replacement hair, skin, eyes, makeup, etc.

The Sims 4 models are quite significantly higher in polygon count, are more articulate. The animations are clearly superior - which is something I greatly appreciate, considering just how bad a lot of the animations and movement algorithms were in Sims 3 after a dozen expansion packs.

Oh and finally the hair has body, dimension and looks more hair-like instead of being a block of colored polygons on the head, or worse, simply a new texture.
  • Options
    FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited August 2013
    I hate to bring this up but Sims 3 has some GAWD AWFUL hairstyles in it. In fact I find I only have like maybe 5 styles I actually use in my game that I actually like so I won't be losing any sleep. I don't really see the argument against the Sims 4. It all looks like a lot of fun to me.