Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

cubeville bar stool, free or not?

Does anyone have any idea what I may have done wrong? I found the cubeville bar stool and it said free. I hit the download button and got charged 40 sim points. I realize that is only 40 cents but I wouldn't want to make that mistake again. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited August 2013
    suzanna13 wrote:
    Does anyone have any idea what I may have done wrong? I found the cubeville bar stool and it said free. I hit the download button and got charged 40 sim points. I realize that is only 40 cents but I wouldn't want to make that mistake again. Any ideas?

It is supposed to be free this weekend, however earlier this morning it was also running on the daily deal for 40 simpoints. I believe that if you download it during that time, even though it says free on the purchase page, the daily deal overrides your offered price and you get charged the daily deal price. Something like this happened in the past when the BahHaus Immaculate Window was the weekend freebie, but also ran during a daily deal. Sadly the only thing you can do is contact customer service to ask for your points back.
  • Options
    suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    edited August 2013
    Thank you APotts, I will keep that in mind if I ever find free stuff again. I'm not sure contacting customer service is worth the headache but I will give that some thought.
  • Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited August 2013
    The free items are more in game store free, though some times you can/could get it on the site free too it was originally to promote the in game store but I believe due to crashing complaints they tried to make the offer available in the Sims site store too but it hasn't been working for a while now I believe I have heard form people for over a month.