Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I redeem The Sims 3 Games from the Origin Humble Bundle?

Hi there simmers!

As some or many of you know there is an Origin Humble Bundle that features the Sims 3 Starter Pack.

Below is a list of the included games with The Sims 3 Starter Pack that are in this bundle:

The Sims 3 Base Game
The Sims 3 Late Night Expansion Pack
The Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff

Extra content:
The Sims 3 Date Night community content Pack

To redeem your Sims 3 codes, please follow the instructions written on either one of these pages:

Humble bundle Sims 3 FAQ

EA help FAQ (which it also explains how to redeem all games that come on the bundle alongside The Sims 3 games):

Let me know in this thread if you have problems or questions about this bundle, or if you know someone that does you can direct them here.

Good luck and happy simming!

Comments

• Options
    FocalpointFocalpoint Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    i registered the sims 3 key fine and also the date night add on.

but whenever i try and register high-end loft and late night keys in the 'register game' 20-digit code box, i get this message :-

'TypeError: result is null'

• Options
    HunnicHunnic Posts: 9 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Got it! My game is now registered. :)

Be grateful!
  • Options
    toburiezti87toburiezti87 Posts: 58 Member
    edited August 2013
    I registered the games successfully but when I go to mypage the icons of the games stay grey (I already have it the sims 3)
  • Options
    ZorvanZorvan Posts: 12 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Nevermind, problem solved! :)
  • Options
    summermistx3summermistx3 Posts: 1,537 Member
    edited August 2013
    Zorvan wrote:
    Whoa there. I read before you edited, so did you get your $10 worth of simpoints?!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Zorvan wrote:
    Whoa there. I read before you edited, so did you get your $10 worth of simpoints?!

I'm not sure actually. I found where to redeem them, but it only gave me 500 points vs. the 1,000 the store says $10 is worth:p

Also, where do I find the new town? I figured that would be on the redemption thing too, but it's now.

So I guess my problem was only "slightly" solved. lol
  • Options
    summermistx3summermistx3 Posts: 1,537 Member
    edited August 2013
    Zorvan wrote:
    Zorvan wrote:
    I'm not sure actually. I found where to redeem them, but it only gave me 500 points vs. the 1,000 the store says $10 is worth:p

Also, where do I find the new town? I figured that would be on the redemption thing too, but it's now.

So you confirm you got simpoints after registering the base game for the second time?!

I think the new town means Riverview, not a literally new town (they don't know if you have it downloaded or not in your case, it's a special new town to everyone who registers their games for the first time).
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Zorvan wrote:
    Zorvan wrote:

So you confirm you got simpoints after registering the base game for the second time?!

I think the new town means Riverview, not a literally new town (they don't know if you have it downloaded or not in your case, it's a special new town to everyone who registers their games for the first time).

No, only registered it once. Got the email AFTER I'd already registered. Then got a second email with "redeem your points" button link which I didn't see until after I'd already posted here the first time ), so used that and got the 500 points.

And now I have the town I guess. Thank you for the link to Riverview!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Zorvan wrote:
    Zorvan wrote:

I didn't get any simpoints. And I didn't read that anywhere , I'm missing something?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I didn't get any simpoints. And I didn't read that anywhere , I'm missing something?

Did you receive e-mails after you registered? That's where I found out about the points.

First email:

email1.png

Second email:

email2.png
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Zorvan wrote:

Did you receive e-mails after you registered? That's where I found out about the points.

First email:

email1.png

Second email:

email2.png
    I only get the first one. I'm going to wait until tomorrow and see what happens.
  • Options
    JaleeniJaleeni Posts: 4
    edited August 2013
    I had to contact support after my codes kept getting rejected for being invalid. No matter what I tried it wouldn't work. After hours of doing research, trying to find a way to fix it, I gave up and just told support about my issue. Luckily they gave me new codes to register and they worked wonderfully. The emails came in afterwards. So now I have my points and games registered.

If all else fails, just contact them about the problem.
  • Options
    diagnulldiagnull Posts: 52
    edited August 2013
    Wasn't sure from reading the FAQ, but if I already have the base game, and I purchase the Humble Bundle, can I register the Late Night and High End Loft expansions?

Thx.

-d
  • Options
    kellergirl96kellergirl96 Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    I'm having the same problems. all the FAQs say that after you redeem your codes (which I did successfully) there should be a link to purchase history, where you can download the games to your computer. My purchase history is empty and there are no links. origin is no help whatsoever.
  • Options
    SIMGURURUSSKIISIMGURURUSSKII Posts: 1,247 SimGuru (retired)
    edited August 2013
    Focalpoint wrote:
    i registered the sims 3 key fine and also the date night add on.

but whenever i try and register high-end loft and late night keys in the 'register game' 20-digit code box, i get this message :-

'TypeError: result is null'

Are you using Chrome?
    I saw this issue with Chrome.
  • Options
    ELIROCELIROC Posts: 2,318 Member
    edited August 2013
    SimGuruRusskii

May I ask why you don't answer your messages on your thread, "Russkii's Inbox: Website issues, Coffee ideas - 7/18"

Are you aware of what is happening there or you didn't even care to check?
  • Options
    SIMGURURUSSKIISIMGURURUSSKII Posts: 1,247 SimGuru (retired)
    edited August 2013
    diagnull wrote:
    Wasn't sure from reading the FAQ, but if I already have the base game, and I purchase the Humble Bundle, can I register the Late Night and High End Loft expansions?

Thx.

-d

You can =)
    You get the 2 game codes for your use.
  • Options
    diagnulldiagnull Posts: 52
    edited August 2013
    You can =)
    You get the 2 game codes for your use.

Awesome. Thx!

-d
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited August 2013
    I'm having the same problems. all the FAQs say that after you redeem your codes (which I did successfully) there should be a link to purchase history, where you can download the games to your computer. My purchase history is empty and there are no links. origin is no help whatsoever.

Try going to the Store. Click on Worlds. Riverview is at the bottom right of the page click it and you should see a download button to download Riverview.
  • Options
    KatakunKatakun Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    I have the game on steam and 4 expansions. My BF got us both the bundle and i added the codes. but my client does not add them or anything when i load sims 3 on steam. so i thought i could use the seprate client but the seprate one does not register my other DLC. on the sims page where it has everything lit up showing what you have nothing but sims 3 is lit up not even the new DLC i just added so is there no way for me to play them all together?

okay ignore this post i found my answer. was a bit hasty to post since i was busy but i had time to look and found another post.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    ASimLdyWzrdASimLdyWzrd Posts: 33 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Okay my store account shows the date night applied(in purchase history) however... store itself still has buy buttons on all the pieces and the pack
  • Options
    NuJeruCitizenNuJeruCitizen Posts: 13 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Hi, I'm still having problems with my Sims3 Starter Pack, I've tried redeeming the codes but it always says invalid, I have the two expansions but you have to pay for the itmes to use them. Plus I can't get the date night items even though I put the code in, everytime I click on download it says error. This is so frustrating, nothing but the base game works, is this a scam? I've contacted support but I haven't heard anything yet.
  • Options
    corkythepwnercorkythepwner Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    hey guys new here not sure where to post this
    I bought the humble bundle and when I put code in thesim3 website and says I have the game but I cant get it to download any help would be helpful

thanks
  • Options
    Harv3yCamp3rHarv3yCamp3r Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Having same problem :( Would love to play the game!
  • Options
    FollyTTWFollyTTW Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    I have it in my purchase history, but it won't let me download it. Saying that it can't be done at this time and to try again later.
    Well I've waited two days now and each time it's a no go. :(