Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Granpa and Granma Montero

Hello,

In the GG forum, Whatsociallife is running a contest called Mediterranean Cruise Contest , we are currently docked in France , but this is my entry for Spain, which we just left:

Allow me to introduce you to Don Carlitos Montero and Doña Gloria Montero:

screenshot_original.jpg

I choose that particular surname because it is old, back from the days of the Reconquista (when the catholic kings took back their lands from the muslims).. the Montero family was part of the royal guard of the King so, they were granted lands as a reward for their services.

Don Carlitos is a friendly old man, always ready with a joke or a funny story to tell. Doña Gloria is a powerful lady, current Matriarch of the Montero family and everyone is happy with that, as she is a hard working woman but also a loving Granma who likes to bake cookies for, well, everyone, as they are an important part of their community, well known and well loved (the couple, not the cookies.. well, both).

screenshot_original.jpg

This is the entrance to their house, I wanted it to be rustic in style.. almost like a monastery. I remember walking by this kind of buildings, thinking how hot the sun was and how much the walls were shining, but when you get inside these houses it is almost like entering into another world. You can feel the change of temperature and truly welcome the shade.

screenshot_original.jpg

This is the inside to the courtyard. I have seen many photos with patios with lots of hanging flowers.

screenshot_original.jpg
This is the main bedroom, with a tiny wall tv, but big enough to make Don Carlitos a happy couch potato.

screenshot_original.jpg
Oh, he used to be a hard working man, but now he's retired and enjoying the good life :wink: .

screenshot_original.jpg
One of the spare rooms in the second building.

screenshot_original.jpg
Living and dining room in the second building.

Don Carlitos younger brother just passed away and left him his vineyard and wi.. err, juice business. Don Carlitos isn't that good with business and wasn't very much interested, so he sold everything.. lately he's been waking up at nights, heart pumping fast, having no idea why..
screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
Maybe he is starting to feel guilty for selling his brother's vineyard?

So, trying to honor the memory of his brother he bought a nice wi, err, juice maker machine and built a tiny cellar.
Don Carlitos is sleeping better now..
screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
This is a look at the pool and a little garden in the back of the property.

screenshot_original.jpg
Here we can see the entrance to the house, right next to the kitchen. I have seen many houses with this kind of layout, the kitchen is connected to the dining room and to the living room.

screenshot_original.jpg
A closer look to the kitchen.

screenshot_original.jpg
The laundry room, right next to the kitchen.

screenshot_original.jpg
One of the bathrooms. They all are pretty much the same.

screenshot_original.jpg
The living room seems to be a nice spot to read. Look at that awesome sound system!, hey it was all the rave back in the day.. it's not old! it is only 40 years, err, old.. well it still has the best music..

screenshot_original.jpg
This is the back of the house, full of flowers that seem easy to find in that zone and of course palm trees.

screenshot_original.jpg
A dining table next to the pool.

screenshot_original.jpg
Yes, nothing like eating hot dogs by the moonlight after enjoying swimming in the pool O.o .

screenshot_original.jpg
Another shot at the pool, from the domino table. Doña Gloria loves to play that game with her friends.

screenshot_original.jpg
Here's a random image of Doña Gloria's study from where she reigns supreme :lol: .. not even Don Carlitos is allowed here o.o.. well, maybe if he brings flowers <.< ..

screenshot_original.jpg
Another look at the study/library.

screenshot_original.jpg
Oh, look at that! He did bring flowers :wink: .

screenshot_original.jpg
Yeah! Don Carlitos still has it. Fifty years married and still very much in love :3 .