Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More hairstyles

I wouldn't mind having more hair styles, like long long hair, or more ponytail hair too. I think it might also be cool to have a tool that let's people customize the hair more that just the color.

Comments

• Options
    RealityArchitectRealityArchitect Posts: 67 Member
    edited June 2009
    I find the male hair options horrible. Pretty much most of them all look weird and bad on Sims. Nothing attractive in the way the hair is structured. Looking on the site, there doesn't even appear to be any good ones to buy. The ponytail for male Sims is amazingly bad. There is also hardly anything to choose from, so I'm feeling quite limited in making my Sim look the part. Please make up for this, Maxis!
  • Options
    WIKIDSIM2K4WIKIDSIM2K4 Posts: 35 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree to the hair custom tool that would be sweet! but i doubt EA would give up the hair they make us buy... :(
  • Options
    veggiveggi Posts: 171 Member
    edited June 2009
    I'd love a custom hair tool - then I could add bangs to the hairstyles that don't have them. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    MrJiffMrJiff Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm liking the game, but the hairstyles is stopping me from loving it.

Sounds like an overreaction, but it totally destroyed my first play of the game. Having basically 10 male hairstyles, all of which are terrible (and NO "short" hair options) really annoys me. It annoys me even more that TS2 had at least twice as many hairstyles, all of which were better.
  • Options
    PigalinaPigalina Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I am annoyed there is no curly hair. I have only had the game for an hour and already it has annoyed me as the first character I tried to create was my curly haired husband.
    There was curly hair in Sims2.
    Hopefully I will find some custome content.
  • Options
    StarSarahStarSarah Posts: 931 Member
    edited June 2009
    I think the hair options for men are pretty appalling. I have made loads of male replicas of my friends and there are no hairstyles that look anything like them. They all make the men look weird. Hopefully this will be an add-on soon
  • Options
    KyletacularKyletacular Posts: 42 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, we need more male hair especially, female is ok.(I think)
  • Options
    KelseyMeshellKelseyMeshell Posts: 752 New Member
    edited June 2009
    There isn't one good male hairstyle. There isn't even just a generic short classy cut. They all look pretty cheesy.
  • Options
    FLALALLA5FLALALLA5 Posts: 23 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree with the curly hair option. my family is a bunch of curly haired redheads. except for hubby who is totally bald!
  • Options
    VerdantVerdant Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    God, the male hair choice is awful. There are like maybe 4 haircuts tops I can put on them without cringing and throwing up in the sink, but none of them look like the hair on any of the people I'm trying to make. And that male long hair Gunther Goth has that actually just looks like SLUDGE... ew. Can we get some shoulder length love for the boys, please? As well as more short hairs and such, of course. And I'm sure the ladies hair section could probably use some more, but I shall let that slide for now because it's a lot more... varied.
  • Options
    McWolfMcWolf Posts: 392 Member
    edited June 2009
    I totally agree. And the male hair selection in The Sims 2 Base Game was much, much better. I've never found it so hard to choose a hairstlye for my male Sims.

There's probably only a couple I like, and will probably be overused in my neighbourhood. Even the cap beats most of those ugly hair styles. I thought choosing hair for females would be harder (I am male of course), but I was so wrong.

The male hair always looks much better on the renders than it does in the game. :\

I've just noticed. Since I came onto this forum, all I've been able to do is complain. Gee.
  • Options
    SqueakerSqueaker Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I got all the hair from the store....it's still all horrible for men.
  • Options
    Hintomint82Hintomint82 Posts: 462 Member
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, the initial male and female hair choices seem very lackluster to me. The ones offered at the Sim store aren't really catching my eye, either. Don't get me wrong, I love how infinite the combinations are for hair colors, but I don't want every Sim in my neighborhood walking around with the same two styles because there only seem to be two that are decent.

I'm still holding onto my 1000 Sim points, waiting for something worth spending them on.
  • Options
    alkaizeralkaizer Posts: 244 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Totally agree with you guys!!!
    Most of the male hair styles in Sims3 is horrible. And compare the Sims2 base game make me so worry about it.

I'd like to suggest that there should be a tool for editing our own hair style (I've posted this somewhere before, but I cannot find). I know that editing every thing for the mesh is difficult. So I suggested that the tool should be like something that pickup the base style and and then add up some more customize like ringlet, cowlick, tuft, etc. anywhere on the head and then save and make it a new mesh for the hair.

Any custome content maker who want make the tool can use my idea... ^_^

I'm looking forward to see if this will happen or not.

PS: I don't think EA will release tool like this because if we can custom it with ourself, EA cannot sell anymore hair style.

But come to think about it, because of the custom community, the sims was the world wide hits, wasn't it?
  • Options
    gardenangelgardenangel Posts: 51 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I totally agree with all of you. I could only find 1 good hairstyle on the store that wasn't as freaky for the guys. I don't know why they couldn't include the two anime hairstyles from sims 2 everybody loved- the messy hair and the snape-like one. Every simmer I met loved those the most. When I started to play, almost every male hairstyle made me want to barf. Geez, in Sims 2 we had more than 3 or 4 hairstyles for children without acessories.