Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is anyone else just fed up with TS3

Tuesday cannot come fast enough for me.
This game is just making me angry! Sims can't sit at their seats at a wedding, the sims stand around for what seems like hours, routing issues etc. etc.!

It just ****** me off! If anything was to come in TS4, it would be improved gameplay. The game is really stale now.

Comments

• Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    edited August 2013
    I don't have any problems with my games.
  • Options
    NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited August 2013
    colton147 wrote:
    I don't have any problems with my games.

I might see a few minor bugs here and there, but not on the norm.

Im very happy with my game right now. Its fun and im enjoying all of it.
  • Options
    AMariseSAMariseS Posts: 2,458 Member
    edited August 2013
    I've been so grateful to get any Simming time lately that, thanks to NRaas/twallan's Overwatch, I just don't seem to mind any lags or routing issues.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited August 2013
    AMariseS wrote:
    I've been so grateful to get any Simming time lately that, thanks to NRaas/twallan's Overwatch, I just don't seem to mind any lags or routing issues.

Does Overwatch help with lagging problems? I haven't experienced any since removing Story Progression, but I've been wanting to reinstall it and was wondering if adding Overwatch would help with the lagging.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    AMariseSAMariseS Posts: 2,458 Member
    edited August 2013
    I bet it would do a lot better if I removed Story Progression, but I just can't seem to part with it. :oops: It does help, though. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I had Story Progression and my lag was so bad it was freezing up about every sim hour. It was driving me bonkers. That's why I was asking about Overwatch, too. I really miss Story Progression. I might give it one more try. Maybe combined with Overwatch and MasterController it won't be as bad.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited August 2013
    AMariseS wrote:

Does Overwatch help with lagging problems? I haven't experienced any since removing Story Progression, but I've been wanting to reinstall it and was wondering if adding Overwatch would help with the lagging.

hey WriterJunkie how long ago did you have SP installed twallan did revamp it and the lag associated for some with the older version is supposedly fixed

also with SP if helpful you can tailor townies stories to reduce the strain on your system

but i must say i like AMariseS think overwatch is a must have. i once played 5 sims minutes in new IP game with out mods and had instant unbearable game created lag put OW in the game returned to normal
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    ceejay402 wrote:
    AMariseS wrote:

hey WriterJunkie how long ago did you have SP installed twallan did revamp it and the lag associated for some with the older version is supposedly fixed

also with SP if helpful you can tailor townies stories to reduce the strain on your system

but i must say i like AMariseS think overwatch is a must have. i once played 5 sims minutes in new IP game with out mods and had instant unbearable game created lag put OW in the game returned to normal

I had it (and removed it) like four days ago. But in SP's defense, I was pretty new to mods (still am) and didn't give it half a chance. Lag problem... instant uninstall. I didn't know anything about doing MasterController's Reset Everything to help with lag (which cleared up my lag problem with that particular save btw). I'm just leery of installing mods and such. I'm not a big mod/CC fan. I have very, very few CC/mods on my game.

EDIT TO ADD: How do you tailor townies stories?
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited August 2013
    shoot WriterJunkie yea you had the new and improved - and SP is a very big mod - its great but it does take bit of time to get use to it

my short list of must have nraas mods - OW, MC plus cheats and debug enabler

and you'r right the MC reset is better and then the resetsim cheat so its worth it just for that also you dont have to use the extra stuff you can just let it work its magic on the game glitches :)

• Options
    angldiorangldior Posts: 4,379 Member
    edited August 2013
    My game is lagging pretty bad but **** happens.
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited August 2013
    I get a bit of lag with SP but not bad. I get a bit with Overwatch when it does it's 3:00 AM check. Nothing longer than 5-10 seconds.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited August 2013
    I'm not fed up with TS3. Sure, it has its issues, but so does any program as complex as this one. I feel like I've barely scratched the surface of everything I want to do with this game. I don't know of any other game with anywhere near as much to it as this one.

I've been Adventure gaming for years, and love the genre. But there's only so many times you can enjoy playing the same adventure game. All you can do with one is the same thing you did every time you've played it before. The only challenge, for me, was to see if I could do it faster and more efficiently. I haven't touched an adventure game since I started playing TS3, a little over a year ago.
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited August 2013
    Am I fed up with TS3? Why would I be? I'm still having a blast with both it and Create a World. I just installed Ambitions and Seasons recently, and couldn't be more enchanted watching my favorite sim families experience their first snow ever or shoot off firecrackers or ice skate. I've also been creating new, interesting families up the wazoo and been having fun watching them interact, so nope-- not fed up at all.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    catwoman2005catwoman2005 Posts: 360 Member
    edited August 2013
    Tuesday cannot come fast enough for me.
    This game is just making me angry! Sims can't sit at their seats at a wedding, the sims stand around for what seems like hours, routing issues etc. etc.!

It just ****** me off! If anything was to come in TS4, it would be improved gameplay. The game is really stale now.

Same, hate it so much when they just stand around doing nothing, give the sim a task to do and he just stands there for ages before he goes and does it, and it seems to take for ever to do simplest of tasks, I mean two hours to make a sandwich I mean come on lol.
  • Options
    SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited August 2013
    I remember transferring my entire sims 3 folder over to a new user account and wondering why it was running so much better, but I found out it was because none of my store content was installed. When I put it all back the lag came back with is :s

I have mine backed up so maybe one day I'll go through some of it and uninstall it temporarily, leaving just the stuff I play with on a regular basis.
  • Options
    yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited August 2013
    Store CC shouldn't directly cause lag unless you're playing online through the launcher. Which means you're attempting to access the store, simport, or other online launcher related social media features while playing the game. :?
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    edited August 2013
    With me "the lag" is pretty much only associated with the IP neighborhood which is why I have been playing dragon valley instead.
  • Options
    bmashlandbmashland Posts: 358 New Member
    edited August 2013
    So let me get this straight...
    They sold you this one with bugs and you CAN'T WAIT to buy the next.
    You get what you pay for dude... stay here and make them fix this one so THAT one wont be as broken as this was.

Why doesn't anyone understand we can get it fixed if we just say, we need fixes louder? The problem is we have to go around all the trolls trying to put mods on our fixes when we should really just get technical support like normal games offer.... Get your kittens and rainbows off of the ugly part of gaming... We know its ugly, it's bugs and flaws.... but your pretty red bow saying "Mod it with this one" is blocking the view of the people who need to know it's broken...

I'm not the only one looking for support ...

Feedback: is to get it to us please.... I'm not buying anything more from when you've released the last two I paid for... the final two mind you... both had broken parts... BIG issues, University and IP and neither are fixed as of yet. And random others popping up with bugs after "X" amount of time..... Its been 5? months since released on one of those mentioned... a month and a half on the other? When do we get to marry after college and when do we get to scuba dive... ect. ect. ect.

Will you fix it at all? .... I guess is the best question.. You've cleared my graphics card and I still one by one have all the bugs I listed starting to come back... What gives here guys?