Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things I'd like to see in the Sims 4

Dear Sim Gurus,

This is the list of things I would like to see in the Sims 4, be it in the base game or in future expansion packs. Anyone else please feel free to contribute as well!!

In CAS:
Better hairstyles, say, curly? Sims 3 is sadly lacking in curly hairstyles.
Also, long hairstyles, some of us have long hair you know. Or perhaps an option to make any hairstyle curly. Perhaps a slider for hair length, or even hair that grows, with the ability to go to the salon and get a haircut or get hair styles for a special occasion? That would rock.
Please keep the customization for hair, clothes, and make up colors the same as Sims 3. I really like that.

Better wedding dresses in the base game. You have super talented artists employed, they can achieve this goal. Perhaps a stylist type station where the player can choose the length, style, color and embellishments on a gown?

More stylish clothing in the whole game period. Perhaps take a look at some of the custom content others have created. My sims more often than not wear almost all custom content. Something to think about.

BABY CLOTHES. I don't know about you, but I've never seen an infant that is ALWAYS wrapped in a blanket. You can make toddler clothes, why not infants as well? How cute would it be to have an infant in a onesie with a plumbob on it?

Personality: I like the trait system. It just needs more options. The additional trait slot when graduating from college was a plus.

Skills: The only suggestion I have for skills is for sims given traits that coincide with certain skills is to have them start out with one or two skill points, kind of like the peg box and xylophone do for the toddlers.

Objects:

Blueprint mode = amazing for people who are not builders. More styles would be appreciated. Especially with options for nurseries for multiples. Options for themed rooms like princess, or outer space for example.

More options for high chairs. Animations for any family member aged teen and above to feed a toddler with a spoon. How cute would it be for the toddlers to spit food at whoever is feeding them?

Carseats!!!

Baby swings in the base game!!

Playpens and walkers in the base game.

Rocking chairs in the base game.

Changing tables and baby baths in the base game!!

Better cars. More car options.

Events:

Baby showers where guests bring baby themed gifts. You did this with the gift giving party in Seasons. Shouldn't be too hard to do!

Weddings need to be better this time around. The arches are great, we need them in the base game. Weddings need an officiant. Weddings need attendants, like bridesmaids and flower girls. Options to ask those closest to you to be your attendants. For instance, a bride should be able to ask her sister to be her maid of honor. The wedding arches should have places designated for the attendants to stand. The brides father should walk her down the aisle and give her away.

Anniversary parties and wedding vow renewals when a couple has been married for a long time.

While we're add it lets add bridal showers as well. Same idea as baby showers, just wedding themed gifts.

Graduation parties. I don't know about you, but my high school graduation was a reason to celebrate. Why not throw a party? Oh right because that's not an option. We need lots more party options. Why not improve the party planner menu? Check options for gifts or no gifts and things like that.

I'd like to see more interactions during pregnancy as well, preferably things like medical check ups, and ultrasounds.

I'd also like too see an option to choose to breastfeed infants.

Also bring back the beach location for vacations. My sims need beaches!

My sims also need nannies. I liked the option to have the nanny scheduled to my sims needs.

Child support should be implemented. No deadbeat sim parents.

Fingernails and toenails.

Toe rings, piercings, anklets. Better jewelry. Engagement rings and wedding bands. Wedding veils with length sliders.

Open for business style venues. Everyone wants them. Isn't it time to give it to us?

That's all I can think of for now. I'm sure I will add more later :)

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited August 2013
    You have some really great ideas. While I'm not fussed about one or two I support the majority of this post :) Especially the wedding ideas.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Lilmissshortee4Lilmissshortee4 Posts: 202 Member
    edited August 2013
    They are all great ideas! Especially the child support! :)
    I think the other parent in a single parent family should also visit the house often to see their kids, I also think when people are friends or in a relationship they should be able to say, cook a meal, or make the bed without the 'misbehaving' notification!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Child support would be good, I agree. Twallans Sims 3 Story Progression mod has it, so I don't see why Sims 4 can't. :)

I think better wedding dresses would be nice as well. And veils and tiaras. Also for those non conformist ladies, how about a nice white trouser suit?
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited August 2013
    Child support is, itself, a complete minefield of a topic. Plus, how would they implement this in-game?

If it's automatic, it crosses the line and guarantees massive arguments on the forum due to the people who don't even want it in their game (such as myself) and the people who have real-life problems with a system that has proven to not be functioning that well in real life.

If it's not automatic, people like me will be quiet... but expect people who've been screwed over by having to fight for child support to start massive arguments in the forums.

Note I'm speaking based on arguments that have actually happened on this site over that very subject.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Optional is best, I agree! I don't want it in the Twallan mod every time I start a new save, it depends on my theme whether or not I leave it switched on.

Perhaps the parent in the playable household could request it via the civic centre or something? I'd think that would be unobtrusive enough.
  • Options
    TMBurns73TMBurns73 Posts: 5
    edited August 2013
    More people in clubs or just community lots in general. I wanna see more people dancing and sitting at the bars and less people standing around looking lost
  • Options
    SimpLyAngeLicSimpLyAngeLic Posts: 153 Member
    edited August 2013
    Wow you guys are awesome I don't think I've gotten this many replies ever LOL

I like the idea of the parent who wants child support being able to request it from like, City Hall or something. That makes it available for those who want or feel they need it.

I've always found the wedding ceremonies in every Sims game I've played lacking. I think there should be options for every type of player, from the ones who want big lavish weddings to those who just want to elope. Suppose they put in an option to get married at City Hall. And Wedding certificates to hang on the walls. Maybe an option to apply for a marriage license at City Hall?

We definitely need better wedding dresses. More styles of them at least ... from ball goes to mermaid style to short party dresses ... every bride is different. And a nice white suit for the ladies who don't want to wear a dress would be awesome.

I rarely visit the clubs in my game because they are always dead. Even when it says it's a hotspot, there's never more than a couple people there, and by the time I get there, everyone is leaving. If I need to socialize I throw a party LOL

Speaking of Twallan, I was very sad to read that he would not be moving forward with his stuff for Sims 4 ... there are some of his files I cannot live without LOL

Keep the ideas coming people! I really hope that the Gurus have at least peeked at this post!
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited August 2013
    Well, here's a few ideas for you...

Why not the ability to store milk for babies in the fridge? Doesn't matter if it's breast milk or formula (they can include breast pumps in-game and manage not to cross the line if they do it right), but being able to store it would allow for the mother to work. It would add a realism aspect, true, but it would also be content that would help improve gameplay.

Also, can we go even further on the jewelry? Things like slave bracelets (the name makes them sound worse than they are), finger armor, armlets, and the like would be lovely!

I would also like hair decorations, ranging from jewelry to being able to add feathers to the hair.

And, what about face tattoos? There's been a few designs, and I have a couple of my own, that are just beautiful on a human face and do not detract from looks even as a person ages. Plus, they can be incredibly meaningful.

Being able to set a sim's genetic code; that way, if you choose to give them a hair color you want treated as dye, that's exactly what it is and it doesn't pass on.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Oh yes, it's so annoying when a sim's child gets the dyed hair colour.

I agree with hair accessories as well but they need to be actual accessories not pair of the hairstyle.
  • Options
    kiki0910kiki0910 Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    CAS

They should have a slider to make sims shorter or taller
    They should be able to add belts to their clothes

Jobs

I think the sims who get into the music industry should do get into it by building up their singing and guitar skills and booking little gigs and then having a producer come up to them with a card telling them to call, or have family friends that will help them.

Sims should be able to get normal people jobs, like being a waitress.

Sims should also be able to get jobs while they're in college.

It'd be really cool if someone could be a houseflipper or a real estate agent

Worlds

I definitely think that sims should be able to move into different towns and have a reputation bar that can get a start over by moving somewhere else.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I knew posting this was a great idea. Thanks for all of your input everyone, this is amazing.

I love the idea of storing milk for babies in the fridge ... and how about bringing back the smart milk reward from Sims 2? I liked that I could feed that to my toddlers to boost their learning capabilities.

Belts! Yes!

Tanya you have some great ideas too! I love the idea of hair accessories. and I agree with the accessories not being part of the hairstyle. Who does that? Most people have a basic hairstyle, and add accessories later ... feathers and such.

Short and tall sliders would be amazing. Think of the gameplay and stories people could tell with these.

Normal jobs!! Love it. Who starts off with a job in the medical field with no degree at all? No one. I think they need to make certain professions available only after fulfilling certain requirements.

I also think that University needs to be incorporated into the homeworld. Or at least give us community college type venues. and University should be if not a part of the basegame, then the very first expansion :) HINT HINT There should be a separate world for bigger universities and community college in the homeworld this time around. That way some sims can live at home and still be with their families, or some can go away to college.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I'm just going to give this a tiny

bump

in the hopes that perhaps the Gurus will peek.

:lol:
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited April 2014

Normal jobs!! Love it. Who starts off with a job in the medical field with no degree at all? No one. I think they need to make certain professions available only after fulfilling certain requirements.

There ARE lowly "starter" type jobs in the medical field.

Speaking of child support, how about a full on "Divorce Court" ? Oh! Just imagine the Drama! Complete with a T.V. Judge.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    zorba2357 wrote:

There ARE lowly "starter" type jobs in the medical field.

Speaking of child support, how about a full on "Divorce Court" ? Oh! Just imagine the Drama! Complete with a T.V. Judge.

LOL Divorce Court ... teehee ... imagine someone with the reputation of a cheater in front of a Judge Judy type ... oh man... the possibilities!
  • Options
    xenoviewxenoview Posts: 336 Member
    edited April 2014
    Very good ideas! Somethings I'd like to see i n the game. Try to keep it short.

1) The ability to cook for two, family size, and include guess in the meal size too!

2) Children grow up over time, with more birthdays for them.

3)The ability to sell what you make at your on business

4) When you have a secret affair with another Sim, the whole town knows about it!

5) Be able to rent apartments, houses, and vehicles. Have mortgages on houses. Bills should be for stuff bought on credit, and utilities.

6) Interest on family funds in bank.

7) Have multiple people your dating! In The Sims you could marry more than one sim, not asking for that. Have open relationships with other Sims.

8)Drive your car to work, and take kids to school.

9) Maybe home schooling.

10) Alarm clocks with flexible time settings for wakeup for work or school.

11)Criminals being able to break into other Sims houses to rob them. I have used a criminal and a ghost potion to break into houses when others sims were away. Very hard to do, and getting them to swipe something was hard too.
  • Options
    puffyamiumi22puffyamiumi22 Posts: 77 Member
    edited April 2014
    These are some amazing ideas that I'm seeing :). What I would like to see in The Sims 4 (hopefully I'm not repeating ideas):

1:More baby interactions and no more cocoon baby: The cocoon baby was annoying to me because the only time I've ever seen that is when a baby has just come out of the hospital.
    2: Baby stroller for multiple kids:In the event of twins and triplets (or a toddler and baby), I would like to be able to take more than one baby on a stroll, instead of leaving one behind and speaking of strollers...
    3: Have family strolls: Family bonding time would be nice.
    4:Being able to have crushes: Childhood crushes and teenage crushes, nothing too serious (like the ability to admire someone from afar) and have like an unrequited love.
    5: Sports options for kids and teens: I would like to be able to have a cheerleader or a football/soccer player option for kids
    6: Family vacations: For those times that you just want to get away
    7: Spring Break/Summer Vacation (maybe in an expansion pack): That, in my opinion, would've been a nice addition to TS3 Seasons
    8: Piercings (other than the ears): I would like to see belly piercings, microderms, tongue piercings, eyebrow piercings, etc.
    9: Ability to play instruments as a child: That was a let down on TS3, I wanted to be able to teach my kid how to play piano
    10: Bridal dress shops: Have a couple of your BFFs go to the shops with you and say "yay" or "nay" to a dress.
    It seems like a lot of stuff that I'd like to see, but that would be cool to see, in my opinion.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Lovin' all the ideas. It seems most of us are on the same page when it comes to the things we want to see in 4. Things that we are missing in 3. I just hope the Gurus and Devs LISTEN to us for once. It would be nice to know that our voices are being heard.
  • Options
    DR4G0NFYR3DR4G0NFYR3 Posts: 6
    edited April 2014
    Maybe a way to make some traits more "Dominant" than others, like how much effect they have on the personality, or maybe a way to carry all of the TS3 expansion/stuff packs into The Sims 4 so you can play with it while you're waiting for some expansions for the new game.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    DR4G0NFYR3 wrote:
    Maybe a way to make some traits more "Dominant" than others, like how much effect they have on the personality, or maybe a way to carry all of the TS3 expansion/stuff packs into The Sims 4 so you can play with it while you're waiting for some expansions for the new game.

I'm sure lots of people wish for that to be possible, but I don't see how they can, since they've revamped everything. We all wanted things to carry over from 2, and they didn't.

The dominant traits is a new one. Perhaps children can automatically inherit certain traits from their parents, and then poof three generations later, a recessive trait pops out. That would definitely keep more people interested in long generational legacy games. I have yet to get through a 3rd generation, even on a short lifespan, not playing a legacy. I get bored easily. Maybe if I stop cheating, I could make it. Then again ... maybe I'm just too impatient for 4 to come out. I find myself wishing that I had things they've told us about 4 were in 3, get frustrated when I can't use them and quit.
  • Options
    DrinabugDrinabug Posts: 469 Member
    edited April 2014
    You guys should all head over to my what sims fans want most poll and vote for more baby/toddler/children clothing and furniture!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited April 2014
    I'd like marriage counseling for couples whose marriage is about to break up.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Ohh I like that! Maybe even pre-marriage counseling/classes for engaged couples. Perhaps parenting classes for expecting parents as well. All optional of course.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I'd like if your sim friends can set your sim up on a blind date and you have the option of yes or no. They had this in TS2 Freetime.

I'd also like to see the return of the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 match maker and the online dating feature from ts3 however if we get online dating back the sims on there need to be single and not married.

Also please bring back attraction turn ons and turn offs in cas.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I'd like if your sim friends can set your sim up on a blind date and you have the option of yes or no. They had this in TS2 Freetime.

I'd also like to see the return of the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 match maker and the online dating feature from ts3 however if we get online dating back the sims on there need to be single and not married.

The whole attraction system needs a total revamp, if you're turned down once, that needs to be the end of it. I def like the idea of blind dates. I don't remember that feature, I might have to go play 2 for awhile, it's been so long.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

The whole attraction system needs a total revamp, if you're turned down once, that needs to be the end of it. I def like the idea of blind dates. I don't remember that feature, I might have to go play 2 for awhile, it's been so long.

The 🐸🐸🐸🐸 matchmaker was an npc you could invite on the pc and sometimes she would come on her on. Depending on the price the date would vary from a bad one to a dream date. Paying the maximum always resulted in a dream date.

If you accepted friends blind dates it was always a dream date. Note this was part of the reputation system and one of the many rewards of having a positive reputation with a certain group of townies. This came with apartment life and yes even married sims had the option to say yes or no.