Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When stars align...

I don't usually share legacy story progress because I kind of make up my own challenges as I go, but this generation the stars have aligned, so I had to share.

Basically, I'm playing a EP challenge. Each generation 'plays' a certain EP based on a dice roll. My 3rd generation got that she would have University Life based goals (graduate college, get one of the social group jobs and achieve top ranking in it).

Due to another twist I've implemented, she's adopted by a single father. So, he adopted her because he needed someone to carry on the legacy. Not because he wanted children, but because he NEEDED a child.

So, he wound up adopting this cute little blonde toddler girl. When she became a child he got the want to send her to the art boarding school. I had already decided that I probably wanted to try for the Art Appraiser job, so that worked so I had him send her off.

Now, he's playing World Adventures as his goal, so he travels A LOT. If you think about it, he'd be perfectly happy having her away at boarding school while he was off running around the world, she gets her art points, life is good. She came back from boarding school having turned into a teen with one of the dreadlock hair styles. Totally rebel artist, IMO and awesome, lol. She also came home with the Avant Garde trait.

Bought her a street art kit and she has excelled at that 100%. Always getting the wants to do street art. She also stayed out after curfew and got arrested, had a mood swing the next day, all things that IMO could happen in real life with someone who wanted to be a rebel and go against their father who doesn't really want them.

So, it's just been interesting to watch this totally realistic relationship (or lack there of) develop by chance between this father and his "I had to adopt you to carry on my name" daughter who has developed all these wants / traits / etc. to go with what she needs for her next goal in life, lol.