Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My SimBot is seriously aggravating me...

And I have come to really not like him anymore...

Now here's the story. I got a Simbot in order to deal with farming, since this takes more or less all day to do.

I got the LifeHappiness to change his perks to Green Thumb, Loves Nature, Loner and Environmentalist (I kept Hydrophobiak since I felt that was to suitable to a bot to switch out)

Now I though all would be well, especially after getting Supergreen Thumb to him as well. I pretty much just focused the first time at getting him Happiness to get this rewards/traits. Traveling the world, having him read books and pretty much fullfilling all his (and my "main" Sim and his GF's wishes) Now both my "main" and his GF got along fine, both reaching Career 10 in a couple of weeks. (She fulfilling the lifewish of 5-star Cook, him in Teaching (I kinda liked the idea of him being kind of an Indiana Jones character, what with his Life Wish to explore 6 tombs in each destination(The Teaching Career came as a wish from the start, I have since quit that career since he's going to be starting a Military and a Diving career soonish))

As I started my Bot at a career as Gardener, and figured all would be fine from this point. Alas was I misstaken...

Since I had pretty much controlled every moment for all three Sims to this point, I never noticed this querk prior to the point I took up some serious gardening with my bot. I simply figured I wouldn't need to spend as much time controlling his actions at this point, boy was I mistaken.

It turns out that on every turn when I leave him to his own devices, no matter what I have lined up for him to do, he breaks off the chain of actions, goes into the house and turns on every single stereo and starts... dancing!

Last night was the final straw for me. He couldn't perform his duties since he was "to tired", so I sent him to bed. Imagine my frustration when I discover he got up as soon as he had enough energy to...dance...

He can't have slept more than 2-3 hours at most. Of course, he was still to tired to take care of the garden or to go fish or anything else.

Either way I have decided to get rid of him, I have gotten another SimBot now, and has trained her to Gardening lvl-9 already. Though this time I did use a cheats to change her Traits and give her the Supergreen Thumb reward.

The thing that is somewhat regretfull is that my dance-o-holic of a Bot has gotten to the point were he's about to get the Omniplant, but I just can't stand him disregarding his action-queue, sleep and pretty much everything in order to get to dance...

Now, I have asked my self several times if this personality...querk can be a hidden Trait, or if it's a result of the "Easily Entertained" reward. Or if this is a nuisance that's common to SimBots or I was just struck by "bad luck" when I got him?

(Hope this is the right Forum for this)

Comments

• Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited July 2013
    I would say easily entertained would have a lot to do with it. Ive had good successes with simbots for this sort of scenario.

You can use an nraas mod to drop an LTW reward, not sure which one, might be mastercontroller.
  • Options
    SBJuthbergSBJuthberg Posts: 133 Member
    edited July 2013
    Thanks, I have Overwatch and Mastercontroller installed, so I'll might try that and see if he betters himself :)
  • Options
    StellaTorontoStellaToronto Posts: 2,123 Member
    edited July 2013
    :lol: Sorry
    I feel your frustration, but it's still funny.
    I've had a few Simbots, none of them were dancing obsessed or randomly dropped their que.
    A trait change will hopefully sort your bot out :wink:

Edit:spelling
    stellatorontosims.tumblr.com
  • Options
    WaffenThinMintWaffenThinMint Posts: 312 New Member
    edited July 2013
    If it refuses to do what it is told, threaten to smack it on its SimBottie.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited July 2013
    When I was reading about what you are going through with your simbot it reminded me of one of my sims whom I had turned into a mummy. I was attempting to go for a household with the different occult creatures. While she was human she did everything that she was suppose to, but after being turned into a mummy all she did was dance all the time, and she would interrupt others to dance with her. She would even wake up her housemates to dance with her.

As bad as that was, I did also have a Simbot, but he did not garden. My issue with him was that he kept wanting to play in the water sprinkler, and yes he did have that trait that makes them fear the water. He would sneak into the garden just to play in the water, and then very shortly after that short out. I finally had to lock the garden's gate to keep him out, and the mummy I finally just had to put her in a permanent mummy sleep (I did not kill her off, just made her stay in her sarcophagus.
  • Options
    SBJuthbergSBJuthberg Posts: 133 Member
    edited July 2013
    LaBlue0314 wrote:
    <snip>

Ouch, at least Alain has good enough manner not to bother the rest of the family with his obsession.

A shame I don't have Showtime, or a movie-studio in Isla Paradiso, or I could send him for a "Sims 3 Lets Dance"-audition to complete his destiny.

Anyway he doesn't die from running out of needs anyhow, just short circuits. I was planning on eradicating him with Master Controller after JessieBot got up to speed. Though I guess it wouldn't hurt to just let him hang around and dance to his delight. As long as he doesn't infect JessieBot with his Dancing Disease D:

Edit: The playing with sprinklers thing seems to be a universal flaw of the SimBots. ALL SimBots in the various games I made did that... (4 of them in total, it seems to be some kind of therapeutic obssession of theirs) Oddly enough no "real" sims of mine ever felt the urge to play with the sprinklers :?

The first one I had was also kind of obssessive about hottubs.

JessieBot, the newest addition also, oddly enough, wanted to start a career as a lifeguard... :shock: Not really a good profession for someone who can't swim without breaking down. She would take the record as the worst Lifeguard in history though :p
    Her default LifeLong dream is to own all Uncharted Islands, that might be the reason for the Lifeguard promise.
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited July 2013
    Get rid of the stereo. :P
  • Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    edited August 2013
    Love the simbot story, even if it did drive to the point of madness. :)

Personally I think people would have a lot of fun with him so I would have put him on the Exchange after changing his name to Fantango - your metallic dance-a-lot pal. ;)

I'd have him buy a bar in Bridgeport and dance the night away while milking the profits.

:D